Who do I contact to get incorrect listings fixed?

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
driver7

HTPC Specs: Show details

Who do I contact to get incorrect listings fixed?

Post by driver7 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:34 am

Everyone knows, it's not a secret that the built in guide listings in WMC are garbage since the switch. The only way to get anything fixed is to contact them, I've been using the following emails for that:

ipgcustomersupport@rovicorp.com
lineup@tivo.com
metadatasupport@tivo.com

Backtrack a little, a few days ago I sent these emails a message about a change in a feed for the H&I network, they added a separate west coast feed so all the guide listings were 3 hours off. Today I got the following reply:
Hello,

The Feed for H&I has been fixed, Please in the future send your request to "the Green Button". The changes can take up to 72 hours to be visible in the guide.

Thanks,
Jose
I'm not a regular here, but I didn't think this was managed by Microsoft or anyone involved with WMC anymore. So am I correct in sending emails like I have been, or should I be bringing up incorrect guide listings here?

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:00 am

EPG123 is the only guide supported around here. The developer and the supplier are active here daily.

I have pretty much given up on the accuracy of ROVI.

driver7

Post by driver7 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:17 am

Crash2009 wrote:EPG123 is the only guide supported around here. The developer and the supplier are active here daily.

I have pretty much given up on the accuracy of ROVI.
I agree on Rovi it's extremely frustrating to deal with constant mistakes in the guide, DVR's are only as effective as their guide listings allow. I've been considering the switch over to EPG123, but I hate messing with WMC when everything in the house seems to be running smoothly. WMC for me over the years has always had a problem where you pull one small thread out, it unravels 3 others. I think when I make my next gen HTPC/server I'll make the switch but that won't be until sometime later in the year.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:13 pm

driver7 wrote: I've been considering the switch over to EPG123, but I hate messing with WMC when everything in the house seems to be running smoothly.

Take a system snapshot; it's built into Windows. If something gets trashed, you can roll back easily.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

rkulagow

Post by rkulagow » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:41 pm

Crash2009 wrote:EPG123 is the only guide supported around here. The developer and the supplier are active here daily.
Hello.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:48 pm

Is this where I'm supposed to introduce myself as well?

We're here to help!
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

Sharks

Post by Sharks » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:41 pm

driver7 wrote:Everyone knows, it's not a secret that the built in guide listings in WMC are garbage since the switch. The only way to get anything fixed is to contact them, I've been using the following emails for that:

ipgcustomersupport@rovicorp.com
lineup@tivo.com
metadatasupport@tivo.com

Backtrack a little, a few days ago I sent these emails a message about a change in a feed for the H&I network, they added a separate west coast feed so all the guide listings were 3 hours off. Today I got the following reply:
Hello,

The Feed for H&I has been fixed, Please in the future send your request to "the Green Button". The changes can take up to 72 hours to be visible in the guide.

Thanks,
Jose
I'm not a regular here, but I didn't think this was managed by Microsoft or anyone involved with WMC anymore. So am I correct in sending emails like I have been, or should I be bringing up incorrect guide listings here?
I think it slightly entertaining that they are now pointing people here (or to a dead section of the Microsoft forums) instead of fixing the issue with their guide data and "claiming" we or Microsoft can help fix their guide data. Which to be fair we can; our solution not using their guide data to begin with but I'm pretty sure that isn't what most people are looking for. Extra thanks to garyan2 for putting all the time into EPG123 to make a great alternative option to Rovi’s data.

Space

Post by Space » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:47 pm

Rovi (TiVo now) probably wants WMC users to move to EPG123.

I am sure that WMC customers are not supposed to be contacting Rovi directly to fix these issues (Microsoft is supposed to get issues from customers and forward anything that is Rovi's issue to them), but since Microsoft pretty much isn't doing that (as far as can be seen) and they are such a big company (so Rovi doesn't want to get on their case too much and risk future business), Rovi just puts up with it, but tries to lessen the burden by discreetly sending Microsoft's customers elsewhere.

This is just speculation, but I am guessing that if the customer wasn't a huge company like Microsoft, Rovi would just tell people to go away and talk directly to the ones that sold them the product (WMC).