Guide Data Outage - 2017 Edition

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.

Re: Guide Data Outage - 2017 Edition

Post#1541 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:37 pm

Wait, your guide updated??

superdave6653 wrote:I received another response from @microsofthelps indicating that they would get someone involved. Just received a guide update.

Now have Guide end date of 10/5/2017 4:00am

Comcast
Salt Lake City
cargalmn
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 2 February 2017

Post#1542 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:11 pm

cargalmn wrote:Wait, your guide updated??

superdave6653 wrote:I received another response from @microsofthelps indicating that they would get someone involved. Just received a guide update.

Now have Guide end date of 10/5/2017 4:00am

Comcast
Salt Lake City


Yes updated at about 3:45 PM MDT Not sure if I actually got through to MS but now have 14 days of guide data. Hopefully everyone else will have an update soon
superdave6653
 
Posts: 36
Joined: 6 July 2017

Post#1543 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:15 pm

cargalmn wrote:Wait, your guide updated??

superdave6653 wrote:I received another response from @microsofthelps indicating that they would get someone involved. Just received a guide update.

Now have Guide end date of 10/5/2017 4:00am

Comcast
Salt Lake City


Yes updated at about 3:45 PM MDT Not sure if I actually got through to MS but now have 14 days of guide data. Hopefully everyone else will have an update soon
superdave6653
 
Posts: 36
Joined: 6 July 2017

Post#1544 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:30 pm

Yep, I can confirm as well. Just got an update through 10/5/17 on Charter Spectrum.
mwpeterson
 
Posts: 27
Joined: 31 July 2016

Post#1545 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:31 am

Just did a manual update. Listings through 4 PM, PDT, 4 Oct.
wifiwanderer
 
Posts: 99
Joined: 19 September 2014

Post#1546 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:37 am

I also just got an update in CA, now have data up to 10/05 like others have reported! Never did get a reply from Tivo/MS yet (perhaps those of you that used the direct email were heard more clearly). Either way, seems like the noise we made was heard again and hopefully we'll have smooth sailing for a while at least.

It does seem to happen in a seasonal fashion - perhaps nothing was wrong and this was a result of them prepping the fall season line up? If I recall correctly, Last fall season we had a similar outage just before the start of the season.

It just makes no sense that MS can't post a simple few sentences on the connect site when these things happen, it's not even evident the site is monitored but perhaps it is. Will we ever know?

I found online that Tivo has a pretty nifty 4 OTA tuner no fee EPG DVR device (in direct competition w/ WMC) and even if pricey perhaps I'll jump onto one of those eventually if I hear they are hassle free. The EPG solution whose name we dare not speak of here also seems like a good option, I am just am not in the mood to fiddle /mess up what I have now if I can indeed ride it out for free until 2020.

Happy DVR'ing all!
AChanceFind
 
Posts: 15
Joined: 15 February 2017

Post#1547 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:13 am

My data just updated to 10-5.North Georgia area. Took less than 2 minutes.
cadprofessor
 
Posts: 6
Joined: 22 June 2014

Post#1548 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:15 am

Just did a manual update. Good for another two weeks.

Guide End Date: 10/5/2017 6:00 AM
Cable Provider: Cox
Location: Southington,CT
Gadget Guy
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 5 July 2017

Post#1549 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:19 am

Same here in the Philly market. Data through 10/5. Fingers crossed we keep it going at least till December Solstice or longer. : )


Jimi
jimi1000
 
Posts: 37
Joined: 22 December 2011
HTPC Specs: Show details

Post#1550 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:42 am

No updates here yet in central New Mexico ... OTA
Grimnir
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 5 February 2017

Post#1551 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:50 am

Just a reminder that updates usually go in alphabetical order, so if those on Cox and Comcast are getting the new update, expect others towards the end of the alphabet to get them sometime later.

Hopefully someone with Verizon FiOS will post here when they get the update to let me know when I should try to force an update on my system.
Space
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: 2 June 2013

Post#1552 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:16 am

No guide in Milwaukee, WI (OTA)
Nuggettey
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 22 September 2017

Post#1553 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:20 am

jimi1000 wrote:Same here in the Philly market. Data through 10/5. Fingers crossed we keep it going at least till December Solstice or longer. : )


Jimi



I'm OTA in the Philly market.

Jimi
jimi1000
 
Posts: 37
Joined: 22 December 2011
HTPC Specs: Show details

Post#1554 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:25 am

I received the update, and now have 13 days of schedule when I go to add recording. However, I noticed in my guide that I only have data for half of the HD channels. For example, none of the premium movie channels have data past 4 days.

For those of you that received the update, did you get it for all of your channels?

I'm on FiOS in NY.
DFox
 
Posts: 35
Joined: 5 April 2013

Post#1555 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:04 am

DFox wrote:I received the update, and now have 13 days of schedule when I go to add recording. However, I noticed in my guide that I only have data for half of the HD channels. For example, none of the premium movie channels have data past 4 days.

For those of you that received the update, did you get it for all of your channels?

I'm on FiOS in NY.

I have Verizon FiOS (Freehold,NJ) and I have data out to 10/4 @8pm on all channels. I only have channels up to ch. 911 (HBO Zone) enabled, but all those channels (911 and below) seem to have data all the way to the end.

The download was made available for my lineup at 9:22 PM EDT, about 3.5 to 4 hours after the first report here for a Comcast user that got a new download at around 5:45 PM EDT. Do it appears to take about 3.5 to 4 hours to go from "C" to "V".
Space
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: 2 June 2013

Post#1556 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:14 am

I have updated data now until 10/5/17, Las Vegas Nevada.
davidhp
 
Posts: 143
Joined: 13 March 2014

Post#1557 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:19 am

Did a force update this evening, and now have guide data through 10/5 6:00am.
Insectoid
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 18 July 2017
Location: San Diego
HTPC Specs: Show details

Post#1558 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:06 am

I checked my guide data this morning and it's showing data out to 10/5.

You guys might just need to do a manual update.
oakley516
 
Posts: 97
Joined: 16 March 2014
Location: LI, NY
HTPC Specs: Show details

Post#1559 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:05 am

AChanceFind wrote:I also just got an update in CA, now have data up to 10/05 like others have reported!


Got it here in Ohio, too. It wasn't available last night, like it was for others here, but by early this morning all was well.


AChanceFind wrote:It does seem to happen in a seasonal fashion - perhaps nothing was wrong and this was a result of them prepping the fall season line up? If I recall correctly, Last fall season we had a similar outage just before the start of the season.


I thought the same thing the other day.

AChanceFind wrote:I found online that Tivo has a pretty nifty 4 OTA tuner no fee EPG DVR device (in direct competition w/ WMC) and even if pricey perhaps I'll jump onto one of those eventually if I hear they are hassle free.


Last Black Friday they were selling refurbs of that unit for half price, so I snagged one--thinking eh, WMC will die off sooner rather than later, so maybe I'll take a look. I put it on the shelf to deal with later. A few months later my brother decided to cut his AT&T cord, and ended up taking it off my hands. Dagnabbit--I shoulda bought two. So I'm waiting for the next blowout/refurb sale.

Although, I may try to hang out and wait for ATSC 3.0 tuners to come out. The new broadcast standards, as they roll out, will be another stop on the route to WMC going away. Assuming Silicon Dust will come out with the new tuners, I sincerely doubt they'll offer Win7 drivers...

In the meantime, it looks like everything is good to go for the next couple of weeks here.
adam1991
 
Posts: 2474
Joined: 11 June 2011

Post#1560 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:06 am

oakley516 wrote:I checked my guide data this morning and it's showing data out to 10/5.

You guys might just need to do a manual update.


Agreed. When I got up my guide hadn't updated, so I hit the manual update button and got it all.
adam1991
 
Posts: 2474
Joined: 11 June 2011

PreviousNext

Return to WMC Electronic Program Guide



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron