Guide Data Outage - 2017 Edition

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.

Re: Guide Data Outage - 2017 Edition

Post#1521 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:22 pm

Rickmktg - can you please share what you sent them and I'll send more or less the same thing? I'm not positive how to effectly explain they're the problem for my MS product. Thank you so much. :)
cargalmn
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 2 February 2017

Post#1522 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:59 pm

cargalmn wrote:Rickmktg - can you please share what you sent them and I'll send more or less the same thing? I'm not positive how to effectly explain they're the problem for my MS product. Thank you so much. :)


Subject line: Windows Media Center Guide Data Not Being Updated

The data is again not being updated by Microsoft. Files process, same data as previous day. Programming data runs out for most of us on 9/25 at 8PM.

I look forward to your helping us get this fixed ASAP. Ideally, it would no longer be a 3 to 4 times per year issue…

Thank you,

__________
rickmktg
 
Posts: 56
Joined: 14 March 2016

Post#1523 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:06 pm

Guide End Date: 9/25 @ 4pm PT
Cable Provider: Wave Broadband
Location: Concord, CA
joesc
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 11 July 2017

Post#1524 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:06 pm

Thanks! I sent an email as well. Now I'm crossing my fingers and toes...
cargalmn
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 2 February 2017

Post#1525 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:20 pm

Anyone know if this is also affecting Tivo boxes like last time or just WMC?
joesc
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 11 July 2017

Post#1526 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:28 pm

Just had a short back and forth discussion with @MicrosoftHelps They first sent me here

https://t.co/Vny0uUiiur

After I responded that the problem was not on my end along with a detailed explanation that WMC was downloading successfully but there was no new data they sent me here

https://t.co/IOTmnRGKoK

After a prolonged phone conversation with the answer desk, the net result was the response that they no longer provide support for Media Center. I tried to explain that the problem was not Media Center but rather a failure by MS to update the EPG data files on their own server. They then suggested I call my cable provider because MS no longer supports Media Center. I then gave up.

Conclusion Rovi/Tivo is our only hope for getting MS to fix this problem.
superdave6653
 
Posts: 36
Joined: 6 July 2017

Post#1527 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:42 pm

I got what I think was a bot supply for @Microsoft helps sending me to the defunct "connect" site which was in the original tweet I sent them. I replied back stating the same (in direct message) and asked that they please escalate to whoever monitors the EPG. No reply back and I don't expect one...

I got a tweet reply from Rovi which asked to submit via their support form, which I did. Here is the link:
https://business.tivo.com/company/contact.html

This is the message I sent: "Windows Media Center has not been receiving EPG updates for the past week and data is running out. This has been a reoccurring issue all year and for the past 2 years. Please work with Microsoft to resolve this issue. Although it has been discontinued, Media Center EPG should work until the year 2020. Thank you."

Have had no reply back from Tivo.

Have not tried calling anyone because I suspect I will just get run around or confusion like those of you that have already tried.

Thank you to all who are making noise about this, I just hope there are enough voices left.
AChanceFind
 
Posts: 15
Joined: 15 February 2017

Post#1528 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:22 pm

I have sent an email to Rovi also. As to Microsoft not supporting WMC anymore, it is my understand they have to give 30 days notice to stop providing an EPG, but for supporting the program as long that they support Windows 7 and 8.1 pro, I would think they have to support the components like WMC. Microsoft has never responded to user complaints, Rovi will respond but usually takes a couple of days. People in the past with Microsoft connections and used to help with these outages always stated you have to open a bug ticket with Microsoft before they do any thing, but they never respond back to the users.

There is an open ticket for this outage and everyone should vote an up arrow and also click on the I can too link:

https://connect.microsoft.com/site1145/ ... ls/3141337
davidhp
 
Posts: 143
Joined: 13 March 2014

Post#1529 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:54 pm

davidhp wrote:I have sent an email to Rovi also. As to Microsoft not supporting WMC anymore, it is my understand they have to give 30 days notice to stop providing an EPG, but for supporting the program as long that they support Windows 7 and 8.1 pro, I would think they have to support the components like WMC. Microsoft has never responded to user complaints, Rovi will respond but usually takes a couple of days. People in the past with Microsoft connections and used to help with these outages always stated you have to open a bug ticket with Microsoft before they do any thing, but they never respond back to the users.

There is an open ticket for this outage and everyone should vote an up arrow and also click on the I can too link:

https://connect.microsoft.com/site1145/ ... ls/3141337


I get dead link on that.
KevinC25
 
Posts: 32
Joined: 30 July 2013

Post#1530 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:24 pm

davidhp wrote:There is an open ticket for this outage and everyone should vote an up arrow and also click on the I can too link:

https://connect.microsoft.com/site1145/ ... ls/3141337
Just added my vote and comment. Thanks David.
wifiwanderer
 
Posts: 99
Joined: 19 September 2014

Post#1531 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:40 pm

wifiwanderer wrote:
davidhp wrote:There is an open ticket for this outage and everyone should vote an up arrow and also click on the I can too link:

https://connect.microsoft.com/site1145/ ... ls/3141337
Just added my vote and comment. Thanks David.


Upvoted and also sent an e-mail to Tivo.
jimi1000
 
Posts: 37
Joined: 22 December 2011
HTPC Specs: Show details

Post#1532 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:58 pm

AChanceFind wrote:I got a tweet reply from Rovi which asked to submit via their support form, which I did. Here is the link:
https://business.tivo.com/company/contact.html

This is the message I sent: "Windows Media Center has not been receiving EPG updates for the past week and data is running out. This has been a reoccurring issue all year and for the past 2 years. Please work with Microsoft to resolve this issue. Although it has been discontinued, Media Center EPG should work until the year 2020. Thank you."

Have had no reply back from Tivo.
Posted a copy 'n' paste of your message under Tivo's business section as a Microsoft EPG Consumer.
wifiwanderer
 
Posts: 99
Joined: 19 September 2014

Post#1533 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:16 pm

KevinC25 wrote:
davidhp wrote:I have sent an email to Rovi also. As to Microsoft not supporting WMC anymore, it is my understand they have to give 30 days notice to stop providing an EPG, but for supporting the program as long that they support Windows 7 and 8.1 pro, I would think they have to support the components like WMC. Microsoft has never responded to user complaints, Rovi will respond but usually takes a couple of days. People in the past with Microsoft connections and used to help with these outages always stated you have to open a bug ticket with Microsoft before they do any thing, but they never respond back to the users.

There is an open ticket for this outage and everyone should vote an up arrow and also click on the I can too link:

https://connect.microsoft.com/site1145/ ... ls/3141337


I get dead link on that.


I clicked on the link and got (and I was signed in to MS Live):
Page Not Found

The content that you requested cannot be found or you do not have permission to view it.

If you believe you have reached this page in error, click the Help link at the top of the page to report the issue and include this ID in your e-mail: ad299af5-d19b-42fd-a185-7cbf29a82fb4
rogers2717
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 16 March 2016

Post#1534 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:18 pm

I just received the following response from my email to Rovi. Pardon me if I rolled my eyes when I received it. I really hope it's accurate!

**************
Hello,

Microsoft is aware of this issue and they are working to fix it.

Thanks,
Client Services
cargalmn
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 2 February 2017

Post#1535 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:22 pm

I got the same. Answered back - why does this keep happening? Why does no one communicate to us?
rickmktg
 
Posts: 56
Joined: 14 March 2016

Post#1536 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:29 pm

Yep, just received the same email back as well. At least it wasn't some generic canned response (even if it was canned as is).
bbs71364
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 7 July 2017

Post#1537 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:31 pm

Same here. Wrote to Rovi this morning and just got back the same reply that MS is aware of it and working to fix it. We'll see.
bobr31
 
Posts: 20
Joined: 23 December 2011

Post#1538 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:47 pm

Posted and emailed.
T-Minus 4 days.....
passinos
 
Posts: 14
Joined: 25 March 2017

Post#1539 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:21 pm

I received another response from @microsofthelps indicating that they would get someone involved. Just received a guide update.

Now have Guide end date of 10/5/2017 4:00am

Comcast
Salt Lake City
superdave6653
 
Posts: 36
Joined: 6 July 2017

Post#1540 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:22 pm

Tivo canned e-mail reply as well. Hopefully it turns up the heat to get some movement on the issue. Is it me or do these issues seem to follow the change of the Equinoxes?


Jimi
jimi1000
 
Posts: 37
Joined: 22 December 2011
HTPC Specs: Show details

PreviousNext

Return to WMC Electronic Program Guide



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron