Disappearing main channels

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
Cheenis

HTPC Specs: Show details

Disappearing main channels

Post by Cheenis » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:29 pm

For the second time now my main channels have disappeared (BBC1, 2, ITV, C4, etc) Most are still there, but it's the main ones that have gone. No idea how or why they have gone. Is anybody else having this problem? Any solutions out there? Not sure if you can back up your channel settings (although the frequencies seem to change every now and then on some channels.

I've also got an issue around the EPG but I'll follow that up on the original thread - looks like MS are still not supporting it well so just wondering if people have anything better than epg collector.

Cheers guys.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:47 am

I use GuideTool to edit and backup my channels then restore the channels on my other WMC's.

PM CyberSimian , seems to be the most knowledgeable on UK issues lately.

Cheenis

Post by Cheenis » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:08 pm

Thanks! I think this is exactly what I need. I finally found a download that worked. I'm trying to donate and activate the product but the link doesn't work. Any contact details for the dude that wrote it so I can let him know (and activate my version!)

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:31 am

Have a look here for the guide tool discussion thread there might be a link in there where you can contact him.