Missing OTA Guide Info

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
eraser808

HTPC Specs: Show details

Missing OTA Guide Info

Post by eraser808 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:57 am

Windows 7 system and there has not been any guide information for some of the channels from the Cincinnati OTA Antenna line-up since the Feb. 07, 2017 guide update. These channels had guide information before Feb. 07, 2017. Downloading the latest guide information completes and returns no errors but the OTA channels listed below have "no data available" in the guide. I submitted the issue to the Microsoft Connect site per Rovi suggestion (see below), but the last resolved issue on the Microsoft site was in 2014. The major network channel's guide information is updating from the Cincinnati OTA Antenna line up, so it appears the guide information is just missing for the channels listed below. Also the Time Warner Cable channels are updating. Any ideas or suggestions.

The pertinent information is as follows:
Cincinnati OTA Antenna line-up ID: 309582077
Channels with no data 20.1 - 20.6, 25.1 - 26.1, 43.1 - 43.5, and 64.4
Have also tried the Cincinnati-Dayton line-up ID: 309891566, but still no guide information.

I tried submitting issue to Rovi and here is their response:
"The TiVo (Rovi) data delivered to Microsoft contains a full two-week block of schedule data for the OTA channels in question. We would suggest logging a feedback report within the Microsoft Connect site (https://connect.microsoft.com/site1145/Feedback). This is the official path of support for WMC issues as explicitly communicated to us from Microsoft. From there, Microsoft will triage the problems and report any lineup or data accuracy-related issues to Rovi for you."

dmagerl

Post by dmagerl » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:34 pm

Have you tried using "edit channel/edit listings" to see if you can manually associate a listing with the channel? The listing my be there, just not associated with the channel.

eraser808

Post by eraser808 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:22 pm

Yes, I've manually associated listing information from both the Cincinnati OTA Antenna line-up and the Cincinnati-Dayton OTA line-up for the problem channels and still no guide information. I did find the 64.4 channel guide listing in a Dish Satellite line-up and was able to associate the listing and get guide information, but the other OTA channels are not carried by any other providers. Thanks for the suggestion.

Rainey

Post by Rainey » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:46 am

I had this problem before and all you can do is post the issue at Microsoft connect forum and wait until they fix it, or switch to schedules direct. In my case the channels were also missing along with the guide data.

Do the web tv listing also have these channels missing? like TV.com TVguide and the others, if so then you could report them missing there also.

My problem lately is that i get the same channel from more then one source (Channel number) and for some reason this keeps changing. I split them so i can record on the best signal but some how WMC keeps merging them back together and the default is the weak signal and the recording are crap.
Ex. 7.1 is RF 47.1 but also is 29.2. i split the channels so i get 7.1 and 29.2 listed in the guide. weeks later 47.1 is added to 29.2 as a source and becomes the default. I can disable them but i can not delete them without rerunning TV setup in WMC.

eraser808

Post by eraser808 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:20 am

I posted the issue on Microsoft Connect, but people here have said that Microsoft no longer monitors Microsoft Connect. The most recent resolved issue for WMC was in 2014. Yes, all the on-line guide services (online.tivo.com, tv.com, titan.com, etc.) have data for the specific channels in question. Even Microsoft's Xbox One guide has the data, but some how Microsoft is not sending the information to WMC users.

I've been able to split channels and delete the unwanted channel using Guide Tool software, without rerunning TV setup.

dmagerl

Post by dmagerl » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:48 pm

I would suggest its something peculiar to your set up. Either that, or they've fixed the problem.

I just ran the guide setup here on a random Cincinnati zipcode and downloaded the Cincinnati-Dayton lineup. All stations had guide data associated with them.

The line up ID is 309891566.

I suggest running c:\windows\ehome\mcupdate -uf -pscn0 from the CMD window and see if that fixes your issue. That command forces a complete download of the guide.
Attachments
Capture.JPG

eraser808

Post by eraser808 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:16 pm

Thanks for taking the time to verify the lineup has guide information. I forced a complete download three days ago with no luck, but repeating the forced download today was successful and the missing guide data is present. Thanks again for the help.

eraser808

Post by eraser808 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:30 pm

While trying to fix/find the missing guide data I subscribed to the Dish TV lineup which I no longer need. I have removed the Dish lineup subscriptions to all channels, but the Dish lineup is still listed under "about guide". The downloaded guide database file is larger than before, so I'm assuming it is downloading the entire Dish TV lineup. Is there a way to remove the Dish TV lineup?

dmagerl

Post by dmagerl » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:53 am

WMC remembers the guide lineups each time you runtasks/tv/tvsignal/set up tv signal.

In order to get rid of the "remembered" lineups, you have to reset WMC and start from scratch which is tasks/general/windows media center setup/run setup again.

This has nothing to do with your situation, but you can use this "remembering" feature to your advantage if you happen to receive stations from multiple metro areas. Just set up tv multiple times using zipcodes from each metro area and then merge the remembered lineups together using a program called LineupSelector.

eraser808

Post by eraser808 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:50 am

The Dish TV lineup was added by just subscribing to guide data for one channel from the dish lineup using Guidetool. I didn't add Dish during TV signal setup, only selected TWC and OTA as providers. Does this change the requirement to completely reset WMC and run setup again to get rid of Dish?

dmagerl

Post by dmagerl » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:56 am

Go to About Guide listings.

Normally you will see page 1 of 1 in the lower right corner.

I bet you see page 1 of 3. Each page is a different lineup, one for OTA, one for Dish network, one for TWC.

If you want to get rid of the Dish lineup, you'll have to rerun WMC setup. It doesnt hurt anything to just leave it.

eraser808

Post by eraser808 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:41 am

Exactly, that is where I see the dish lineup in "about guide" (post #8). The only thing I've noticed that it complicates is when using WMC to assign guide data to channels, it now has hundreds of Dish channels listed that you have to wade through. But I hear you, rerun WMC setup if I want it removed.