Add Missing Channel Data

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
wilkcards

HTPC Specs: Show details

Add Missing Channel Data

Post by wilkcards » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:31 pm

So I recently added the HDhomerun connect (antenna) to go along with the Ceton ETH6 cable card tuner I have and everything works fine (8 tuners). I have been considering cutting the cord and want to have everything running perfectly before I can. Anyways, there are a couple channels that media center doesn't recognize and isn't pulling the in the channel data for. Specifically it WTIC Fox 61 out of Hartford, CT and sub channel of Antenna TV.
I have looked for the channels with guide tool and haven't been able to find them. These channels aren't available on local cable and are outside of the antenna zone that media center pulls data for.

Is there a solution? I have looked through google and tried to find an answer but we media center users are a dying breed and there isn't much info out there anymore.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:40 pm

wilkcards wrote:Is there a solution?
Yes, switch to EPG123/Schedules Direct. The channel you are looking for is in their lineup.
Attachments
Fox61.PNG
Fox61.PNG (11.45 KiB) Viewed 798 times
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

wilkcards

Post by wilkcards » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:31 am

Thanks for the response...I ended up entering a zip code just about 10 miles south of here in TV setup which has the same cable lineup and now they have included the missing broadcast channels. I still may check out epg123 though...

thanks again