WMC channel data updates coming for Europe

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
shaungjones

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by shaungjones » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:33 am

Hopefully JonFincherMSFT is looking - the UK EPG has no data and an end date of 16.11.16.

fre_

Post by fre_ » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:06 pm

EPG just filled with data again (for belgium).
Thank you Microsoft.

JonFincher

Post by JonFincher » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:33 pm

Hey guys:

Sorry for going dark on you for a while - I was away for US Thanksgiving visiting family and friends.

I heard some reports of UK data delivery issues, but they appeared to be resolved as of this morning. shaungjones: is this not the case for you?

fre__: Glad to hear Belgium is back up as well.

--Jon, MSFT

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:34 am

Sounds like Italy considers this a big improvement. Copied this for ya, from site out there...

"After a decade MS updated the EPG lineup here in Italy! They used to provide the EPG for 15 channels (which were not enough even for the Analogue era) now they are 41. I receive 350+ channels nowadays, but I keep tuned little more than 30/35 of them. My personal list and MS provided one aren't exactly 100% overlapping, but that's still an huge step forward in the new millennium. And given is easy to get them to kodi, mediaportal and whatever, using mc2xml, dvblink or other tools, the users of other programs should be happy as well."

aab1

Post by aab1 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:48 am

I'm in Canada and ever since WMC switched to Rovi for guide data it has made my TV watching hell on earth. The biggest problem is that every Sunday all my channels get completely mixed up, for example choosing channel 602 may actually go to 853, choosing 710 may go to 207. etc, but every channel ends up going to the wrong channel.

I then miss every recording until I notice the bug is occurring and then need to go through TV setup again at which point it will work until the next Sunday where the same problem occurs again.

This has been making my TV watching the most infuriating thing imaginable and unless there's a solution in the next few days I am giving up on WMC because Rovi is making it the most infuriating thing imaginable.

Should I expect my channels to get all screwed up every Sunday like for most of the time since Rovi has been providing guide data for over a year, or will they finally fix this major bug?

Thank you

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:33 pm

aab1 wrote:unless there's a solution in the next few days I am giving up on WMC because Rovi is making it the most infuriating thing imaginable. will they finally fix this major bug?
Nothing will be fixed. The only solution is to switch to EPG123/Schedules Direct. You will have complete and accurate channel guide data every day.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:13 am

JonFincherMSFT wrote:Sorry for going dark on you for a while - I was away for US Thanksgiving visiting family and friends.
Looks like UK users won't be enjoying Christmas TV this year. Their Christmas Eve gift from Microsoft is an empty EPG. I make that the tenth service outage this year. Please pass our congratulations on this record breaking achievement on to the EPG team.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

revmias

Post by revmias » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:33 am

New here and my first post - but I was wondering if anyone had any idea when Microsoft's EPG might be updated - UK, DVB-S? Mine expired two days ago ...

roswellgrey

Post by roswellgrey » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:22 am

So, Jon, how are the lineup changes coming along ? Not seeing anything from an end-user perspective, so just thought i would ask ....