EPG TV Guide off 3 hours only for some channels

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
TSECoworker

HTPC Specs: Show details

EPG TV Guide off 3 hours only for some channels

Post by TSECoworker » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:03 pm

First, i'd like to point out the TV Guide is working fine for, what seems like, everything but A&E (32) and WGNAP (60). The timezone is correct and daylight savings time is correct. zap2it.com matches pretty much everything BUT A&E and WGNAP (that I have run into so far). They are displayed 3 hours off (EST instead of PST) on Windows Media Center than compared to zap2it.com

For example.

zapit.com is showing:
10:00am PST = Zombie Flipping Houses
01:00pm PST = Born This Way
04:00pm PST = Born This Way
07:00pm PST = The First 48 "Trust No One; Risky Business"
10:00pm PST = The First 48: Gangland

Windows Media Center, which is on a server that has PST timezone, DST, and time is currently correct, is showing:
10:00am PST = Born This Way
01:00pm PST = Born This Way
04:00pm PST = The First 48: "Trust No One; Risky Business"
07:00pm PST = The First 48: Gangland
10:00pm PST = The First 48: Houses of Horrors

Guide info:
Cox Communication Las Vegas Digital ID: 28499020

I have rerun the TV setup with a different zip code. There is only 1 Cox Digital option to select from (there is also a Cox Standard Cable option, but i tried that and the channels don't line up so the guide doesn't work at all)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... g-problems refers to:

On the start screen, scroll to Tasks, select settings, select TV, select Guide, and then select Set Up Guide Listings. <--- this doesn't exist.

I am not sure where else to go. It seems to be whatever list Windows is downloading from is wrong and this is a server/database issue and not a client side issue? Am I wrong?

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:30 pm

TSECoworker wrote:
On the start screen, scroll to Tasks, select settings, select TV, select Guide, and then select Set Up Guide Listings. <--- this doesn't exist.
Looks like mine is missing too....find a different set of instructions, or, try Get Latest Guide Listings.

I just checked it out the link, must be a typo or for a different version of WMC. Just continue with the rest of the instructions.
Attachments
GuideTricks006.JPG
GuideTricks005.JPG

rmeden

Post by rmeden » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:22 am

TSECoworker wrote:First, i'd like to point out the TV Guide is working fine for, what seems like, everything but A&E (32) and WGNAP (60). The timezone is correct and daylight savings time is correct. zap2it.com matches pretty much everything BUT A&E and WGNAP (that I have run into so far). They are displayed 3 hours off (EST instead of PST) on Windows Media Center than compared to zap2it.com
Many stations have both East and West coast satellite feeds. Sounds there's a mismatch between your cable and guide providers. You should report it to your guide provider: Micro$oft or Schedules Direct (if you use EPG123)

RobertE

TSECoworker

Post by TSECoworker » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:02 am

It seems Microsoft no longer really cares. They direct you to a link to "report guide issues" which then ends up putting you into a community like this.

Looks like i'll be forced to throw this junk away and go with DirecTV

TSECoworker

Post by TSECoworker » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:14 am

Actually, thank you. I didn't even know EPG123 existed. I'm gonna give that a shot.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:59 am

TSECoworker wrote:
Looks like i'll be forced to throw this junk away and go with DirecTV
Don't.

Switch to EPG123.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct