Added a channel to the WMC guide, Rovi removed it

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
Rainey

HTPC Specs: Show details

Added a channel to the WMC guide, Rovi removed it

Post by Rainey » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:48 am

Ok a few days ago 3 local HD channel were removed from the WMC guide for my area.
I find the Cable card still works for those channels when i use other software like SD Quick TV, so Charter did not remove the channels from the cable card ROVI removed the channels from the WMC guide listings.

Is there any way to manually add these three channels using guide tool?

What is the correct way to report this i guess to ROVI to get the guide corrected as it has been working good every since the Rovi cutover, never had a channel line up problem before.

This really ticks me off because 90% of everything i record is on two of those channels, now all the scheduled records are going to the SD version of those channels and many repeats are now recording again. It is a mess.

Rainey

Post by Rainey » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:48 am

Well i found a link to ROVI and sent a message to them, may never hear back, but Microsoft Connect seen to be down as far as i can tell.
I am screwed i guess. Paying 100 buck a month for cable TV and can't get CBS, NBC and FOX in HD.

It is time to drop cable i guess , i can enough to watch over the internet and i can put up an antenna or get OTA network tuner.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:37 am

Forget about that Rovi sludge. Switch to EPG123 asap and have a complete and accurate channel guide.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

Ladislaus

Post by Ladislaus » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:28 pm

Scallica wrote:Forget about that Rovi sludge. Switch to EPG123 asap and have a complete and accurate channel guide.
Seconded.

:thumbup:

Rainey

Post by Rainey » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:43 pm

Thanks Guys,

this is the first guide issue i have had with Rovi other then a few dup recording from not marked repeat or a few mis labled or missing EP descriptions.

SD sounds good but but costs extra at some point i may have to go that route.

Anyway for anyone else that has this issue i have found that old info that use to be a sticky on this site.

Microsoft connect, i had a hard time finding this link
https://connect.microsoft.com/site1145/feedback
From what i have found this is where you need to report the issue.

Next Rovi web site contacts
http://www.rovicorp.com/company/contact.html
You can submit here but may never get any feedback

ROVI phone number
1-800-725-1233
You can call and talk to someone but they may not help you , they tell to to report it to microsoft. They do not deal with end users.

Rovi e-mail
'ipgcustomersupport@rovicorp.com'
Report the issue here, hope to hear back, we will see.

Call you cable company.
Fat chance they will do anything because you will not get anyone that know how this all works or who is in charge of the channel lists for your area.

Good luck you will need it.
Now you know why they told me to switch to EPG123

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:28 pm

Rainey wrote: SD sounds good but but costs extra
$25/year (plus any gratuity to Gary). Not bad.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

Rainey

Post by Rainey » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:17 pm

Well found a workaround for now. If you open Guide tool with the guide missing the 3 channels, then run WMC setup again and i chose a different zipcode that had the 3 missing channels but had many channel line up changes in ch 2-100.
Then once done with setup go back to guide tool and refresh. The lineup changed but the guide source is still my old zip code. select all channel but the 3 that were missing but are no longer missing. Select subscribe by channel number, this applies your old zip codes guide data the the correct channels numbers. Now just rename the channels to the correct name for the ones that did not match up.

It is a little work and i lost a few other channels that are not in the other zip code but those channels were not important to me.

The trick is to find a close lineup in another zip code, and to have guide tool open when you change to it.