Guide Data Outage - 2017 Edition

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
jimi1000

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by jimi1000 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:00 pm

I received a new file today via manual update with fresh guide data out until 7/10. I'm back in business with late night talk show guest info for this week.

mafaldatv

Post by mafaldatv » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:14 pm

File was not updated as of 6am PDT, but was updated by 11:30 (have never seen that happen before).

BUT most of the HD channels are only through July 4 (a few stray HB0 channels have data).

So it looks like there is still a problem. Can somebody confirm? And if so if the kind person who is talking to TIVO can let them know?

Thanks.

bros

Post by bros » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:25 pm

I'm also on FiOS - Central NJ (Use the Basking Ridge guide listings)

I have listings through Tuesday July 4th at 6 PM on HD and Sunday July 9th at 7:30 PM on SD. It also has some spotty guide info - a lot of shows with generic or no descriptions.

mafaldatv

Post by mafaldatv » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:54 pm

mafaldatv wrote:BUT most of the HD channels are only through July 4 (a few stray HB0 channels have data).
I should have mentioned, I'm not fios, rather Charter/Spectrum S. Calif (Long Beach listings). Prior to this (even when FIOS folks had issues) I have not have a guide that only did SD and not HD. This is the first time so far as I know. And since HD is basically all I use, this still needs to get fixed.

Not good....

dahef

Post by dahef » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:23 pm

bros wrote:I'm also on FiOS - Central NJ (Use the Basking Ridge guide listings)

I have listings through Tuesday July 4th at 6 PM on HD and Sunday July 9th at 7:30 PM on SD. It also has some spotty guide info - a lot of shows with generic or no descriptions.
Ditto. San Jose Comcast

davidhp

Post by davidhp » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:44 pm

I am also not getting listings for HD channels after July 4 but have listings for non HD channels through the 10th, Cox cable Las Vegas.

SugarFree

Post by SugarFree » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:55 pm

mafaldatv wrote:And if so if the kind person who is talking to TIVO can let them know?
Jose and I have talked several times today, and he's asked me to do several manual updates. The first one claimed I had 13 days of data, but the data only goes through July 3. I'll try another in the morning. A few people some posts back claim to have gotten full updates, but didn't state their provider. As we've figured out, fixes seem to roll through in order of provider. I'm with Verizon and always last.

The only response Jose received from MS today is that they are "working on it."

Soon as I know something I'll post it.

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:24 am

Los Angeles Spectrum (TWC) guide data only through July 4 at 3pm. Last auto update was 11AM approx. PDT. However KNBC guide data runs through July 9th.

anotheruser

Post by anotheruser » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:26 am

SugarFree wrote:...A few people some posts back claim to have gotten full updates, but didn't state their provider. As we've figured out, fixes seem to roll through in order of provider. I'm with Verizon and always last.

I'm OTA with data on all channels.

Please try to make sure that Rovi and Microsoft understand that less than half of the daily updates over the last two months have actually had new data and that their abysmal performance is damaging the reputation of both companies.

Space

Post by Space » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:32 am

SugarFree wrote:...

Just knowing that someone is working on it is great news, thanks for the update!

SugarFree

Post by SugarFree » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:53 am

[quote="anotheruser] Please try to make sure that Rovi and Microsoft understand that less than half of the daily updates over the last two months have actually had new data.[/quote]

They know. =sigh=

davidhp

Post by davidhp » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:21 pm

When I try to download the EPG manually I have been getting error messages for the last two days stating it cannot be downloaded. This has not happened for along time, as usually even when no new data is downloaded it says the download was complete or that the EPG is current. I emailed Rovi/Tivo again and explained that SD channels updated to Jul 9th but HD channels were only good through July 4th and that WMC is giving error messages when attempting to manually updated and asked them to coordinate with Microsoft again.

SugarFree

Post by SugarFree » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:29 pm

davidhp wrote:asked them to coordinate with Microsoft again.

Please read previous messages. Rovi already is in contact with MS, who has told them they're working on it.

mafaldatv

Post by mafaldatv » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:50 pm

This morning's normal 'update' run at 6:38am PDT did not add any days and still does not have the missing HD channels. Charter S.Calif Long Beach Listings.

SugarFree

Post by SugarFree » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:11 pm

Update: Jose called and asked me to check my SD channels (my personal guide and recordings are set up for HD only) - and I have data through 6 pm July 10. Which means my guide updated automatically this morning. He's writing to them now and will get back to me with any response.

mafaldatv

Post by mafaldatv » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:33 pm

Forced download at 11:25am PDT (there had been nothing new at my normal time of 6am give or take). Now the guide 'claims' to be through July 11. But basically it is the same. SD through 7/10 and HD through 7/4 with the odd exception of some HBOHD channels which go through 7/10. So basically no change, HD is still missing.

Wonder what explains the HBO. Is Rovi feeding it and MS dropping it, or is Rovi not feeding it?

charter long beach,CA listings

davidhp

Post by davidhp » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:47 pm

SugarFree wrote:

Please read previous messages. Rovi already is in contact with MS, who has told them they're working on it.
The situation has changed, so I asked them to look into the new info - that WMC is giving error messages that EPG could not be downloaded rather than the usual download complete or EPG is current. Additionally, I have had SD to 7/10 for a few days now, HD has been on 7/4 for 5 or 6 days.

mafaldatv

Post by mafaldatv » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:13 pm

The situation has changed, so I asked them to look into the new info - that WMC is giving error messages that EPG could not be downloaded rather than the usual download complete or EPG is current. Additionally, I have had SD to 7/10 for a few days now, HD has been on 7/4 for 5 or 6 days.
FWIW, I'm not getting those errors.

Retrieving EpgListings
Processing of EpgListings is complete
The EpgListings package is already up to date

Still, the data is the same as yours (no HD past 7/4)
Charter S.CALIF, Long Beach listings

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:01 pm

davidhp wrote:
SugarFree wrote:

I was getting those "Media Center could not download the guide....check the log available from the tray icon".... However checking the logs from computer management the guide did download and I think this was triggered by running a manual "Get Latest Guide" from the guide in Media Center. The error didn't turn up in the log and the error didn't turn up on auto downloads or any downloads by running elevated administrator commands. I have a feeling this is an old error from "Vista" and might be triggered by the "nettv" error that's been going on for a couple of years now.

Check your log in Event Viewer/Applicators and Services/Media Center and check MCUpdate for that time and see if it completed correctly.

I have no link to any log from the Media Center Tray Icon.

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:04 pm

mafaldatv wrote:
FWIW, I'm not getting those errors.

Retrieving EpgListings
Processing of EpgListings is complete
The EpgListings package is already up to date

Still, the data is the same as yours (no HD past 7/4)
Charter S.CALIF, Long Beach listings
From an administrator Command prompt run: C:\Windows\ehome\mcupdate.exe -uf and see if that makes any difference it will force a download even if you have a guide of that date. It helps if the guide date hasn't advanced but data has been filled in that was missing on the last pass. I found this worked when there were lots of "glaps" in the TCM schedule last week.

Might not help in the current situation, my TCM schedule still ends on July 4 and KNBC runs to July 9