Netflix for Windows Media Center (NetflixMCE)

KerrAvon

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by KerrAvon » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:39 am

Lurch66 - Thanks

1. Is a known issue - I will have it fixed in the next release
2. Kid mode is not supported in the beta due to the many screen differences from normal mode

Marc

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:47 pm

I'm about ready to give this and the amazon app a whirl and have a few questions.

First, do you have to use IE or can it be chrome? I haven't used or even updated IE on my HTPC since I loaded Win7 on it about a year ago.

Second, I see that mongoose uses port 8080. I use that port on another machine for another application. Can this be set to another port such as 8081?

BTW, thanks for your work on this and amazon video. If it works well, I have no problem with a little donation.

KerrAvon

Post by KerrAvon » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:55 pm

Sammy2

It has to be IE - and at least IE8 or later. The web browser control uses the IE DLLs.

At the moment the port cannot be adjusted; Some of it is in code - some of it is in HTML pages. would need to work out a way to change those files on the fly.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:32 pm

KerrAvon wrote:Sammy2

It has to be IE - and at least IE8 or later. The web browser control uses the IE DLLs.

At the moment the port cannot be adjusted; Some of it is in code - some of it is in HTML pages. would need to work out a way to change those files on the fly.
Okay. So WMC uses IE. That makes sense. I can log into Netflix on IE and minimize the page..

As far as the port 8080 goes, I can probably set the same port for two different machines based upon their local IP address without issue or change the port on the other application.

Thanks for doing this project. I can't wait to try it.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:23 pm

Hey all, this is a cool project, I have some questions before I change over from my other device I am using.

1. Does 5.1 audio come through WMC ?
2. Does it suppor the limited 4K content on Netflix ?

I run my WMC @ 4K, so I am always looking for more content..
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

DaveInPa

Post by DaveInPa » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:39 pm

Marc,

It's been 3 months since you entered phase 2. I've been checking daily for the next build. :D

The current build is usable and fairly stable. Script errors happen sometimes and close the program. No major problems that I've experienced. Looking forward to the new features you've been working on.

Just13d

Post by Just13d » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:32 pm

Only issue I have ran into is that if you have Mymovies installed and have been using it when you start a movie or show in Netflix the mymovies show or movie will restart playing as well. To get past the bug I just close Media Center and restart it.

EZEd

Post by EZEd » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:44 am

I went to the host website and read through all of the posts there -- also read through this entire thread but didn't see the answer to this question. If someone has already answered please direct me to the location. I have the add-in working on my host WMC7 machine and all is well. I also use Xbox360 and Linksys2100 extenders. The link shows up under Extras on the extenders but every time I try to start the app on extenders it gets to the red Netflix screen then dumps me back to Extras. Every once in a while I can actually view the log-in screen but it is only for a second and I can never pause long enough to put the information in. Just dumps back to Extras. Again the whole thing works perfectly when I'm physically on the host HTPC, just not the extenders. Is this add-in supposed to be functional on extenders? I also have the Amazon plug-in loaded on the same machine and it works just fine on the extenders as well. Was thinking that since this one was produced by the same person it would behave the same as the Amazon plug-in but obviously not. Has anyone got this plug-in working on either Xbox360 or Linksys? If so what did you have to do over and above the normal install to the host HTPC? Any info is appreciated.

Thx

KerrAvon

Post by KerrAvon » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:15 pm

Hi EZEd,

The Netflix addin was not designed for and will not work with Extenders - sorry! It requires IE11 and Silverlight to play video content and that won't work on the Extender. (also has to do with authentication)

How do you have the Amazon plugin working on Extenders? That is also based on Silverlight and it should not work at all on extenders.

Marc

3rob3

Post by 3rob3 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:58 pm

EZEd wrote:Has anyone got this plug-in working on either Xbox360 or Linksys? If so what did you have to do over and above the normal install to the host HTPC? Any info is appreciated.
Thx
Why would you use this on an Xbox360? Those have native apps for Amazon and Netflix that would work much better.

EZEd

Post by EZEd » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:39 pm

KerrAvon wrote:Hi EZEd,

The Netflix addin was not designed for and will not work with Extenders - sorry! It requires IE11 and Silverlight to play video content and that won't work on the Extender. (also has to do with authentication)

How do you have the Amazon plugin working on Extenders? That is also based on Silverlight and it should not work at all on extenders.

Marc
Okay thx. Dont know why but the Amazon plug does work on my Linksys. Netflix does not. Weird.

EZEd

Post by EZEd » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:41 pm

3rob3 wrote:
EZEd wrote:Has anyone got this plug-in working on either Xbox360 or Linksys? If so what did you have to do over and above the normal install to the host HTPC? Any info is appreciated.
Thx
Why would you use this on an Xbox360? Those have native apps for Amazon and Netflix that would work much better.
Need it for Linksys. Both are extenders. If it works on one should work in the other. Netflix works on niether

audinutt

Post by audinutt » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:17 pm

Is anyone else having problems with their Netflix plug-in mine just started having script errors every time that I press the remote button to navigate up down left or right. Also the mouse cursor always appears in the middle of the screen unless I manually move it off to the side

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:20 am

Yes, I am seeing the same thing. Have to use a mouse to select a program to watch from my list. Pops up script crash errors when I try to navigate via the arrow keys.

Just checked the web site for the program . The author is aware of the problems and is looking in to it.

WayneVanRooyen

Post by WayneVanRooyen » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:41 am

Worked a small while then i also started getting the script errors, no matter what i do close restart disable script debugging in IE it still falls with script errors.
Dont know if this will help at all but windows 10 metro app for netflix is installed in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\4DF9E0F8.Netflix_6.9.44.0_x64__mcm4njqhnhss8
if you enable and change permissions on this folder you can see their source code for the js files, also built into a webbrowser so could help you a bit. If need i can give a hand on making it into a native mce application that will run within mce i am a c# coder but the .js stuff i will leave to you.

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:26 am

According to the author's web site there is a fixed version available.

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:34 pm

Installed the new version and all is working fine again.

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Sat May 14, 2016 6:12 am

Unfortunately, it looks like Netflix changed their interface again and the app is no longer working. Just hangs up then pops uop the need to login screen or the script error popup and won't navigate to the list or play anything.

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Sat May 14, 2016 9:05 am

Played with it some more and it's very strange. On one HTPC that was working fine a few days ago it always hangs complaining I need to log in to netflix even though I am clearly logged in to netflix in the browser. Another HTPC running the exact same version of NetflixMCE works just fine. No changes to the failing HTPC. At the moment I am baffled and looking for suggestions.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Fri May 20, 2016 4:39 pm

I just wanted Thank-you, and let you know that NetflixMCE is working in Win10/WMCv12

Keyboard and mouse seem to be a little iffy. Should I be using a remote with Netflix?