ReLaunch and TWC live TV website

cwinfield

HTPC Specs: Show details

ReLaunch and TWC live TV website

Post by cwinfield » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:25 pm

Anybody here manage to get ReLaunch and TWC live TV website https://video2.timewarnercable.com/ to work inside of WMC window? All I get is a black screen, probably internet site compatibility problem inside WMC

EZEd

Post by EZEd » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:19 pm

Mine works but the first thing it gets to is the login screen and you cant use the remote. You have to break out the keyboard. Then also use keyboard when navigating the TWC site. Since I have to do all of that I usually just exit out of WMC7 and open regular webpage from desktop. I wish TWC had a desk top app or WMC7 app that worked with remote. That would fix the whole issue but Im still wishing in one hand and crapping in the other to see which one fills first. Guess who's winning?

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:00 pm

EZEd wrote:Mine works but the first thing it gets to is the login screen and you cant use the remote. You have to break out the keyboard. Then also use keyboard when navigating the TWC site. Since I have to do all of that I usually just exit out of WMC7 and open regular webpage from desktop. I wish TWC had a desk top app or WMC7 app that worked with remote. That would fix the whole issue but Im still wishing in one hand and crapping in the other to see which one fills first. Guess who's winning?
As using Re-launch, all it does is just load IE inside Media Center, Did you try to go outside MC open the site in IE, After logon, IE should prompt "Do you want to save this password?" and save it, when the site loads up in WMC, It should have the logon info filled, you should be able to just hit the "OK" button (it means Enter on the PC) and log right in.

If you can navigate the site with arrow keys, then you can use WMC (the arrows are just the arrows on the keyboard), so it's a good way to test a side to see if it's WMC ready or can be used in WMC.
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

EZEd

Post by EZEd » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:58 pm

As using Re-launch, all it does is just load IE inside Media Center, Did you try to go outside MC open the site in IE, After logon, IE should prompt "Do you want to save this password?" and save it, when the site loads up in WMC, It should have the logon info filled, you should be able to just hit the "OK" button (it means Enter on the PC) and log right in.

If you can navigate the site with arrow keys, then you can use WMC (the arrows are just the arrows on the keyboard), so it's a good way to test a side to see if it's WMC ready or can be used in WMC.
Mine didn't work like that. Even when I go to IE or Chrome outside of WMC7 TWC page always prompts for login. Even it I say remember me, it only remembers username, not password. So I still have to login with keyboard no matter what.

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:08 pm

I'm starting to think it's my background theme that might be causing issues. EZEd if you have a JP1 remote you could program a macro button for your password.