Media Center Calendar Addin

sccrgoalie1

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:56 pm

Version 1.2.2 Released

-Adds a list view to view a list of the month's appointments. Skip forward/backward move a month into the future/past on this page as well.

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:11 pm

Version 1.2.3 released

-Fix a bug in the background addin that would cause it to crash
-Adds focus ability to the new list view. Click on the appointment takes you to the body for scrolling
-Minor appearance tweaks to the new list view

joolzhaines

Post by joolzhaines » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:29 pm

Hi,

Great add-on, is it possible to change to month or can you only view the current month? I cant find anyway of changing..

Thanks

Joolz

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:32 pm

Yup, it's the skip forward and backwards keys on the remote.

Crispy

Post by Crispy » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:55 pm

I gave this plug-in a tryout but in the 'Media Center Calendar Addin' I can't add my Live account I get this error:

Have I done something wrong? :oops:
Attachments
WindowsLiveSignINPage.PNG

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:15 pm

Do you have .NET 4.0 installed? If, so can you put the details of the exception here?

Crispy

Post by Crispy » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:21 pm

sccrgoalie1 wrote:Do you have .NET 4.0 installed? If, so can you put the details of the exception here?
I installed your plug-in at home and it was fine. The other PC was a VMWare Fusion virtual PC I was testing it on.

I did have trouble deleting the intially created Live account, kept saying it wasn't selected although I could delete the account below.

Good work though. :thumbup:

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:42 pm

Crispy wrote:
sccrgoalie1 wrote:Do you have .NET 4.0 installed? If, so can you put the details of the exception here?
I installed your plug-in at home and it was fine. The other PC was a VMWare Fusion virtual PC I was testing it on.

I did have trouble deleting the intially created Live account, kept saying it wasn't selected although I could delete the account below.

Good work though. :thumbup:
Thanks. Yeah, that was a bug. The new version of the installer should check for .NET 4.0 as well as fix that bug. It's not a new version, so you would need to uninstall the old version first.

frank.haschick

Post by frank.haschick » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:05 pm

Hi,
I tried to install the addin, unfortunately it says .Net 4 needs to be installed altough it is installed. How do you check if it is installed?
Running MCE on Win7 64bit.

Thanks!

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:15 pm

frank.haschick wrote:Hi,
I tried to install the addin, unfortunately it says .Net 4 needs to be installed altough it is installed. How do you check if it is installed?
Running MCE on Win7 64bit.

Thanks!
Opps. I made an error in the installer. Should be fixed now. Please give it a try and let me know.

frank.haschick

Post by frank.haschick » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:31 pm

Wow, fast reaction! :)
I downloaded it fresh from the skydrive (https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=FC502126 ... AE22C3!282). The installer still throws "The application requires .NET 4.0".
I installed all the latest Windows-Updates, and there was for sure also a .Net 4.0 Patch in it, therefore I'm quite sure I'm running 4.0.
Any more suggestions? Maybe a command line option to switch off the check?

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:50 pm

Can you just download and install .NET 4.0 from the MS website? I've tried the installer on 4 different computers and it works just fine. Can anyone else confirm they are getting a .NET 4.0 error?

frank.haschick

Post by frank.haschick » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:52 pm

Hi sccrgoalie1,

after downloading and installing the complete package (instead of the webinstaller of .Net) it works now, thanks!
It even displays the calender I embedded into my live account from my girlfriend, which is just great!

Just one more thing you might consider adding to the settings (if possible): the start date of the week. Here in Germany it is usually Monday, not Saturday.

But all the rest works like a charm, thank you again for this very smart addin!

Best regards,
Frank

afridinazneen

Post by afridinazneen » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:32 pm

thank you for sharing, It is a great post.

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:15 pm

Version 1.2.4 posted

-Adds the ability to shift the month view. Instead of running Sunday - Saturday, you can now choose to run Monday - Sunday
-Adds necessary setting to the settings tool as well as the ability to customize the headers to match this change
-You can also, just customize the days of the week header for you native language

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:15 pm

frank.haschick wrote:Hi sccrgoalie1,

after downloading and installing the complete package (instead of the webinstaller of .Net) it works now, thanks!
It even displays the calender I embedded into my live account from my girlfriend, which is just great!

Just one more thing you might consider adding to the settings (if possible): the start date of the week. Here in Germany it is usually Monday, not Saturday.

But all the rest works like a charm, thank you again for this very smart addin!

Best regards,
Frank
Give the new version a try and let me know if that is what you are looking for.

Neil__C

Post by Neil__C » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:57 pm

Hi,

Brilliant piece of software - many thanks.

Would be good to see a week view. The only 'bug' I can find is that if I select the week to start on Monday in setup, the media center app appears to take no notice and continues continues with week starting on Sunday.

Don't suppose you know of anyone doing a similar contacts app for windows live in media center?

Regards

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:44 pm

Are you sure it doesn't shift the days? You have to manually change the headers in the settings tool.

HerrVorragend

Post by HerrVorragend » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:20 pm

sccrgoalie1 wrote:
.Nico wrote:
There is a 1.1.7-beta version on the skydrive now. Uninstall the old, let me know if it works. The error you mention above should be gone, let me know if there is a new one.
Sorry,
[img]
http://www.click2record.com/images/MCEcalendar01.png
[/img]

.Nico
Autodiscover isn't enabled on your server according to that, if you set that up it will work. I'll have to see how much work it would be to allow you to manually add all the settings. Let me know what you think.
We have an exchange server installed without auto discovery... can you provide an update that allows to type in the server address etc. manually? Or ist there any way to edit the configuration by hand? Perhaps you can provide a confi-file, we can edit manually...

thanks a lot

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:58 pm

HerrVorragend wrote:
sccrgoalie1 wrote:
There is a 1.1.7-beta version on the skydrive now. Uninstall the old, let me know if it works. The error you mention above should be gone, let me know if there is a new one.

Autodiscover isn't enabled on your server according to that, if you set that up it will work. I'll have to see how much work it would be to allow you to manually add all the settings. Let me know what you think.
We have an exchange server installed without auto discovery... can you provide an update that allows to type in the server address etc. manually? Or ist there any way to edit the configuration by hand? Perhaps you can provide a confi-file, we can edit manually...

thanks a lot
I took a look and there really isn't a good way to do this with the EWS api, unless you have the .asmx url.