Is there a list of current working addins for WMC?

jachin99

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by jachin99 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:00 pm

The links are dead in all of the files from the whirlpool forum post BUT with updated links, i think the files would work. Are there any success stories with songler

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:21 pm

I grabbed all of millisoft's plugins from the web archive. I tested songler, and only the last.fm part of the plugin works. It used to have options for youtube, and spotify but each of those are no longer working. On the topic of youtube, if someone were to learn their new API, that person could now repair both Macrotube, and Songler. I grabbed the .dlls out of the songer MSI, and got them open in MSVS. If any .net developers out there want to fix a few plugins I think adding spotify would be a huge deal. For RadioTime if your willing to install .net version 1 and IIS version 4 or later then that plugin could work as well. For general web radio content I think the best bet is finding good links and registering .mcl files in the start menu but I can't confirm that until its been tested.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:14 pm

jachin99 wrote:I actually have about ten or fifteen WMC plugins that work fine. One app I'm really on the lookout for is My Recipies for MCE. I haven't been able to find a download though. Emu Center is working pretty good, and tubecore, along with macrotube also still work. And remote potato. I wish I could find someone that has mc shoutcast working also.
The point of this thread is to show WHAT apps still work and where you can download them from. So if you have 10+ apps that run, can you let everyone know what apps you have and if they can be downloaded anywhere.

newfiend wrote: I also have an old Radio Time installer of MCE.
newfiend~
Radio Time no longer works (it was a cool little streaming audio app when it worked). It is/was just a web page in an app. I opened the MCL file, found the URL that it connects to and it is no longer up. So 100% dead app as I found.
jachin99 wrote:I grabbed all of millisoft's plugins from the web archive. I tested songler, and only the last.fm part of the plugin works. It used to have options for youtube, and spotify but each of those are no longer working. On the topic of youtube, if someone were to learn their new API, that person could now repair both Macrotube, and Songler. I grabbed the .dlls out of the songer MSI, and got them open in MSVS. If any .net developers out there want to fix a few plugins I think adding spotify would be a huge deal. For RadioTime if your willing to install .net version 1 and IIS version 4 or later then that plugin could work as well. For general web radio content I think the best bet is finding good links and registering .mcl files in the start menu but I can't confirm that until its been tested.
I have a bunch of crap for WMC in my "Stuff" folder (a folder I use when rebuilding WMC with all my apps and reg, hacks, and mods), it's so important to me, that folder is even on a backup schedule to make sure it's not on the same machine and its' uploaded to the cloud and stored on my personal USB drive that I carry with me everywhere.

I need to get a method and clean it up (it's just a WMC dumping ground so it's a mess), and I'll do something to share them out... I have some classic stuff in there and even a lot of hard to find stuff..

What do you use MacroTube for now ? What services do you have setup in it ? I used to be a huge fan of this app but, services died and stopped installing it (I think I have it as well)

With YouTube TV in WMC now

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9736

There is No need for youtube. Just wondering what other XML's you have setup for it (it is a pretty modular app and could be used for some good things)
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:47 pm

I have TwiT TV working fine, along with Revision 3. Daily motion still gets good feeds but they throw an error when your trying to play them. If songler can get updated to reflect the new spotify api then it would most likely work fine also. I think for spotify personal applications you ahve to build a little web app, and then call that web app from other applications. I still install tubecore, and macrotube on all of my machines because they each work. Here is a list of plugins that still work off of the top of my head.

Ceton MMC
Media Center Control
Auto Rip & Compress
Recorded TV HD
Emby for WMC
Media Center Calendar
Remote Potato
Media Center mail
Media Center RSS
Macrotube
TubeCore
Music Browser
Mcpandora
Media Center Themer
Emu Center
Media Center Themer Tools
Original Netflix WMC Plugin
Netflix Search Fix
Amazon MCE & Netflix from sharepoint adept
EPG123
Power DVD up to version 15
Modern Media UI
Arcsoft TMT5?
My Media Center (Miliesoft) seems to work
ESPN 3 (To some extent, It still shows schedules, and launches IE)
Growl for WMC (Haven't completed installing this so I can't be sure it works correctly)
Last edited by jachin99 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:13 pm, edited 6 times in total.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:52 pm

jachin99 wrote:I have TwiT TV working fine, along with Revision 3. Daily motion still gets good feeds but they throw an error when your trying to play them. If songler can get updated to reflect the new spotify api then it would most likely work fine also. I think for spotify personal applications you ahve to build a little web app, and then call that web app from other applications. I still install tubecore, and macrotube on all of my machines because they each work. i can sit down after a while and post the list.
Did you know there IS or now is WAS an app for Revision 3 for WMC ? It worked till about 3-4 months ago.

If you can find a webpage that you would be able to navigate with the remote (arrow keys and enter on the keyboard = arrow keys on remote and enter is OK), you can script it in a MCL or just use Relaunch...

it would be nice to find a few other websites that work good like that...

I need to reinstall it and play with it... last time I did some things worked but, flakey...

Growl for WMC ? What is that ?
Last edited by DavidinCT on Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:54 pm

I'll upload the files tonight when I get home from work for shoutcast.

@DavidinCT. I downloaded everything I could off of the Made for Media Center site just before it went offline. If you want anything from there I think I have it all. I can upload the entire contents to my onedrive and share it with you if your interested. I even copied the text and put that in a notepad file so i know what each installer is/does for each file. Would love to have some sort of download/upload location for all things WMC here. I know that would require a lot of work and maintenance though (as plugins stop working etc.) But it would be nice not to have to scour the net trying to find old software that's no longer easy to find.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:55 pm

Revision 3 got taken off line but some of the links in Macrotube still work through redirects I guess. Some of the shows just moved away from Revision 3 and still air. If I knew how to build those XML files, I would love to add to macrotube.

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:12 pm

I'm pretty sure that Radio time turned into Tunein

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:33 pm

newfiend wrote:I'll upload the files tonight when I get home from work for shoutcast.

@DavidinCT. I downloaded everything I could off of the Made for Media Center site just before it went offline. If you want anything from there I think I have it all. I can upload the entire contents to my onedrive and share it with you if your interested. I even copied the text and put that in a notepad file so i know what each installer is/does for each file. Would love to have some sort of download/upload location for all things WMC here. I know that would require a lot of work and maintenance though (as plugins stop working etc.) But it would be nice not to have to scour the net trying to find old software that's no longer easy to find.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Would love to see that list of what you have... Possibly some good stuff. I guess we can have a small team of us test apps. I have a few Windows 7 and 8.1 VMs... So set the VM not to remember anything (forget the mode it's called), boot it up, install and test app, Reboot computer and nothing is left behind...Exactly the way it was when it booted up the first time... the beauty of VMs...

Love to see if the mods here have access to a little FTP or web space for content. The problem with any links, 1/2 of the ones even in this thread are dead now. We need a solid place where we can archive them. I don't mind having a copy of the data on my onedrive or something for a backup but, we need a good place were people can upload items, where a few of us can be responsible to test and lay them out... I also would like to have past versions of available, as some software past versions work better than newer ones.

I know this was a discussion in the past but, nothing ever came from it... and things are going away for good, unless people have it.
jachin99 wrote:I'm pretty sure that Radio time turned into Tunein
Yea...but, in the process they KILLED the WMC app :(
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:41 pm

newfiend wrote: Would love to have some sort of download/upload location for all things WMC here.
We have discussed doing this in the past.

There were possible issues with developers not wanting their products being made available from other sources in the past, we'd also need to have disclaimers in place regarding possible hidden or unwanted software / malware not being our responsibility I guess. Etc. Etc.

Maybe we'll have another look at options.

Ideas are welcome in the feedback forum as always

Sent via Tapatalk
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:52 pm

I've tried to contact a few Devs for old plugins but its been hit or miss. Some of these people probably don't use the same email address anymore. What would your options be if the Dev is unreachable?

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:03 pm

That's one of the questions we asked ourselves last time!....

Sent via Tapatalk
Rob.

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:03 pm

I forgot to add that My Forecast still works also.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:30 pm

MC Shoutcast files available here : https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aoj9ycfk0K8IuIAgI45-J_wacbwZYA
Keep in mind this requires a user name and registration #. I didn't upload that info as that's my own personal key. However the installer for x64, dotnetfx35setup.exe and AAC Plus Plugin.zip are all there for you to download if you want to tinker..

@DavidinCT I will PM you a link to all my Made for Media Center stuff. You can check it out. I didn't want to post it all available on here yet as I don't want to give away software that others have made without permission. :D
newfiend~

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:51 pm

holidayboy wrote:That's one of the questions we asked ourselves last time!....

Sent via Tapatalk
A lot of these were released with no terms or freeware/shareware. Wouldn't it be ok if we have them available for everyone for free and with a note if a dev does not want their product on here to contact us and we will remove it (and of course make a note that it was removed by dev request so if someone is looking for it).

I'm sure 85-90% of the apps for WMC the devs who created them 5-10 years ago could care less... Only ones I could see a possible issue is something like ESPN but, even then, I think they would love if someone is using their content on a program that was made 5+ years ago...

The Only thing we would have to do, is have the apps in their original form unmodified in anyway (so if there is a copyright we are not showing the app modified) but, could have a spare folder for "mods to make work" type apps.

Would that actually break any copyright ?

Anyway about it would love to see something happen here.... as day by day some of these old apps are going away for ever...even stuff that works...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:44 pm

While your both digging through your apps do either one of you have My Recipies? That is one I haven't been able to pick up but I think it would be really useful. For Web videos and content Macrotube with new xml files might be all you need.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:15 pm

I just went trough all my stuff.. unfortunately that's one that slipped by me.. (as well as others).. David and I are hopefully going to see what we have and possibly compile an archive of what we have. We'll see if we can find a way to share it without stepping on DEV's toes in the process for others to use.

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:36 pm

I think that there are definitely more good reasons to create a central store for WMC add ins than there are good reasons not to now.

Give us a while to mull over some options (I'm in the UK while other tgb staff are in US / Canada so real time discussions are few and far between unfortunately).

If you do decide to create a resource outside of tgb.tv in the meantime then we can obviously link via the wiki etc. Not ideal but at least it will help keep all info easily searchable / accessible

Sent via Tapatalk
Rob.

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:42 am

New topic started to discuss possible tgb.tv WMC add-in "file store" options.....

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=11378
Rob.

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:31 pm

I've checked forums, I've googled, I've downloaded things from the Web archive, and I've even looked for foreign sites that might have WMC plugins. The one thing I haven't done is checked torrent networks. Does anyone use torrent sites (I assume they can be used for legitimate purposes as well as pirating) or has anyone checked torrent site for WMC plugins?