YAMMM in Ceton My Media Center breaks metadata path

rytomi

HTPC Specs: Show details

YAMMM in Ceton My Media Center breaks metadata path

Post by rytomi » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:09 am

So I recently built a new HTPC and installed all the apps I had on the old one. This is a very basic set:

1. Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
2. ArcSoft TMT 6.7
3. Ceton InfiniTV6 Drivers
4. Ceton My Media Center

I immediately noticed that none of my metadata is being recognized by WMC for the movie library. I use standard metadata, stored in the eHome directory. This metadata is generated separate from Media Center Master on a different computer and has always worked. I use My Media Center for the remote control functionality only.

After hours of trouble shooting, I managed to recreate the problem on a second HTPC. Up until recently, my HTPCs had Ceton My Media Center 13.2.26.1062 installed. On the new computer, I downloaded the latest version from Ceton's website, which seems to be 13.11.29.1381.

Upon installing the latest version on my other HTPC, metadata was immediately broken, which allowed me to determine that this is definitely the cause. Further investigation seems to point specifically to YAMMM as the culprit. I noticed the newer Ceton MMC package includes a heftier version of YAMMM, which is trying to enforce its own metadata directories on WMC, ignoring the default directories.

Uninstalling does not revert the changes. I have not been able to find any kind of registry entry or anything that controls where Media Center looks for these directories.

I'm hoping someone who knows more about Ceton MMC or YAMMM can help me out here to figure out what it broke and how to fix it without reinstalling Windows. Thanks!

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:29 am

Here is an older copy
Attachments
ceton_my_media_center_setup_w7_13_10_20_0199.rar
(2.43 MiB) Downloaded 72 times

rytomi

Post by rytomi » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:55 am

Thanks for the reply, I still have the installer for the older version. Unfortunately neither uninstalling the new version, nor installing the older version rectifies the issue. The new version seems to have made some kind of change to the system that I can't figure out where.