Lineup Changed - WMC Useless - Need Options!

TheOsburnFamil

HTPC Specs: Show details

Lineup Changed - WMC Useless - Need Options!

Post by TheOsburnFamil » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:13 pm

Have Ceton CableCARD Tuners. Charter decided to go all digital, which is great. But, in their wisdom, decided to dramatically change my lineup on me. It's so bad that pretty much only my locals, Discovery, & A&E are still working.

I put a Feedback in with the data... even uploaded my Channel Map from the Ceton Diags but it's been 5 days and no response.

Anyone have any ideas on alternative guide with tuning ability or even an alternative recording engine that can use my tuners until this is fixed? I already know any alternatives would only work for CopyFree content. I'm good with that for now.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Matt O. ...tivo what? ...dish dvr--uh... huh? ...cable dvr fees--you're kidding, right?

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:54 pm

When Charter does this, a few weeks/days ahead of time, there is a new lineup called "Upgrade...". So run your tv setup again and pick the new lineup. In a few weeks, new gets renamed back to the old name, so you'll have to do it again with the original lineup name. If this hasn't happened yet, it should only be a few more days.

TheOsburnFamil

Post by TheOsburnFamil » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:24 pm

mdavej wrote:When Charter does this, a few weeks/days ahead of time, there is a new lineup called "Upgrade...". So run your tv setup again and pick the new lineup. In a few weeks, new gets renamed back to the old name, so you'll have to do it again with the original lineup name. If this hasn't happened yet, it should only be a few more days.
LMAO-- All these years with MediaCenter and I just find this one out! Never a dull moment!

I just did a Setup New TV Signal and re-ran the guide setup wizard and sure enough, an "Upgrade, Digital" option for guide data was there with all the correct stuff. Son of a gun!

Thanks for the great tip man! :clap:
Matt O. ...tivo what? ...dish dvr--uh... huh? ...cable dvr fees--you're kidding, right?

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:18 pm

Glad I could help. You'll know when the "Upgrade" lineup goes away and to switch back to the original lineup name when your guide stops updating in a few weeks. I learned all of this the hard way when my area with all digital several months ago.

One other caveat is that any favorites lists you make get wiped out when you change lineups. So if you have any of those, hold off on rebuilding them until you switch back to the original lineup name, unless you don't mind doing it twice.