Modern8 Metro Media Center Theme

Shackleford

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Shackleford » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:54 pm

Pulled up the Netflix plugin to watch something and noticed the text is white on a white background. I made the change noted for the blue text on extenders and am not sure if that is making the Netflix text white (which is normally black). Is there a way to change just the text color for the Netflix plugin or better yet change the backgrounds for the Netflix plugin?

NeoM

Post by NeoM » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:41 pm

Does it still affect the Netflix plugin when you're not using the change for extenders?

Shackleford

Post by Shackleford » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:45 pm

I haven't used the Netflix plugin in a while and I made the extender change when I first set up the theme so I will have to remove it and check.

Edit: Yup that seems to be the issue. The extender text hack is changing the Netflix text.

However if I could change the Netflix background the white text would be fine.

NeoM

Post by NeoM » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:57 pm

Cool, yes the extender fix will tend to override everything so it's not advisable to use it. But it is handy to play around with different text colours on the fly.

Now you probably have poke around the Netflix install folder to change the background - I was able to change the CyberLink PowerDVD background that way, but it can get fiddley.

Also, I can't get Netflix here... so all I can offer is some advice.

Cheers

Shackleford

Post by Shackleford » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:09 pm

NP thanks I'll have to see what I can do.

Shackleford

Post by Shackleford » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:50 am

Took a look into changing the Netflix background and I'm not entirely sure its changeable. The only debug info I was getting seemed to be from the initial install portion of it. Even so, none of your theme applies to it anyways. Oh well no big deal. I did manage to find a better modification for the extenders that did not effect the Netflix text so that will worrk instead. In case anyone else wants to know here's the code I used.

Code: Select all

<TextFormat>

<!-- Color of the text when selected -->
		<Text Color="rgb(210,210,210)">
			<Replace Color="rgb(255,255,255)"/>
		</Text>
		<!-- Color of all the other non-selected text-->
		<Text Color="rgb(104,185,200)">
			<Replace Color="rgb(205,205,205)"/>
		</Text>
		<!-- Color of all the Movie items -->
		<Text Color="rgb(0,161,245)">
			<Replace Color="rgb(205,205,205)"/>
		</Text>
		<!-- Color of all the settings -->
		<LegacyText Color="RGB(104,185,200)">
			<Replace Color="RGB(205,205,205)"/>
		</LegacyText>

</TextFormat>

moolelo

Post by moolelo » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:56 pm

Thanks for all the work done on this theme! This is our new preferred look for "Windows 8.1" Media Center. Has anyone changed the netflix plugin icon on the start screen to a more metro look? That would complete the look for me. Also did the bing desktop images addition ever get finished? That would make a great rotating background, but the current instructions don't seem to be automatic or built in.

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:24 am

First of all many thanks to NeoM for creating this fantastic theme. It really helps to give Media Center a fresh new look and make me want to continue using it.

Secondly I am hoping for some help with something. I am struggling with the colour of the "no focus" icons on the extra start menu strip belonging to an addon. The "no focus" icons of the other built in start menu items are being changed to the correct colour by the theme but the ones on the addon strip have a blue tint. The graphic files used for the icons are are actually white and so they must be getting coloured by Media Center.

I have tried turning in logging but I am struggling to find where this is set. I am guessing the same setting would affect any addon strip. Does anyone know where this can be changed?
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:14 pm

I actually heard back from Patchou, the creator of the Media Center Themer tool which makes this all possible.

Unfortunately this is a known limitation and it is not possible to remove the blue tint Media Center applies to Addin NoFocus images. If this is hardcoded into the Media Center code then I guess there is little hope for a fix.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

wmcuser1233

Post by wmcuser1233 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:54 pm

Anyone know how to disable the transparency when you are navigating the full guide/start menu while watching live tv? I do like the transparency on the mini guide, but would prefer the a solid background on the full screen guide/start if that's even possible.

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:23 pm

Here is my customised Modern8 Theme; minimal and mostly monochrome.
MinimalMonoWMC.jpg
Minimal Mostly Monochrome Media Center
I use the Recorded TV HD add-in as a replacement for Recorded TV and Movies.
RTVHD.jpg
Recorded TV HD

NeoM

Post by NeoM » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:53 am

Just a heads up that v1.3 is available - just some small changes including new icon colours and an improved start-up sound.
wmcuser1233 wrote:Anyone know how to disable the transparency when you are navigating the full guide/start menu while watching live tv? I do like the transparency on the mini guide, but would prefer the a solid background on the full screen guide/start if that's even possible.
It looks like that STARTMASK.OVERLAY.PNG is the background image for the guide when playing Live TV.
IT Troll wrote:Here is my customised Modern8 Theme; minimal and mostly monochrome.
Nice job! I like how the TV icon has a transparent screen.

RyC

Post by RyC » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:09 am

Thanks for the update, I really like the new spinner (looks better on extenders), and the colored play/delete/series icons. Modern8 (for me at least) goes a long way towards making WMC look a little more...modern! It's jarring when I see stock WMC installations now :D

NeoM

Post by NeoM » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:22 am

RyC wrote:Thanks for the update, I really like the new spinner (looks better on extenders), and the colored play/delete/series icons. Modern8 (for me at least) goes a long way towards making WMC look a little more...modern! It's jarring when I see stock WMC installations now :D
Glad you like it :)

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:35 pm

Anyway to import this in to Media Center Studio ? I still prefer MCS for theme managmement on Windows 7.... Would be nice if I could do it right in WMC but, Oh, well...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

NeoM

Post by NeoM » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:11 am

I don't think Media Centre Studio works with Win 8 or higher so I haven't got any plans on doing so.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:40 pm

IT Troll wrote:Here is my customised Modern8 Theme; minimal and mostly monochrome.
MinimalMonoWMC.jpg
Do you have that theme anywhere for download ? Love the look...

NeoM wrote:I don't think Media Centre Studio works with Win 8 or higher so I haven't got any plans on doing so.
Ok, thanks, was checking, there is some ways to manually import it, I'll check that out.

As I don't see an advantage to 8 or 10 for a HTPC right now, I'll be sticking with 7 for now.... Wish you could use 8.1 apps with a remote and icons on WMC, then it would be a very WORTHY upgrade.
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

Embiggens

Post by Embiggens » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:35 pm

DavidinCT wrote:
MinimalMonoWMC.jpg
Do you have that theme anywhere for download ? Love the look...
Ditto

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:35 pm

There is a new version of this theme posted on 1/30/2016.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1oy02 ... n8_1.3.zip
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:51 pm

NeoM wrote:Just a heads up that v1.3 is available - just some small changes including new icon colours and an improved start-up sound.
Many thanks for the update. I'll have to incorporate those coloured icons into my theme.

For those asking about a download of my customised theme, I'm afraid it isn't really in a fit state for sharing. I have removed a lot of stuff from the menu that I don't use and focused heavily on the use of the Recorded TV HD addon. I haven't created custom tile icons for the stuff I don't use so it would be very mismatched if these were re-enabled. Also I wouldn't want to step on the toes of NeoM who did all the hard work on Modern8.

If you are just looking for the background I used then this and some other nice ones can be found here:
http://www.psdgraphics.com/textures/metal-textures/