TV Library - anyone still using it?

JJohnson

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by JJohnson » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:20 am

I'm still trying to use the plugin. I Recently had to reset my computer, having gotten a new 1TB SSD. Your plug-in was the first thing I went looking for.

The most recent version now creates "TV Shows + Programs" in W7MC, but clicking on tv library doesn't enter the program. I do see the video service in the background still downloading metadata though.

JackLuminous

Post by JackLuminous » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:05 pm

JJohnson,

Look in \programdata\videolibraryengine and paste the contents (or send me pm) of the .log file

JackLuminous

Post by JackLuminous » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:53 pm

Thanks for the log file. The problem is due to a database column change. Try this. Delete your content.sdf database file then let the plugin rebuild.

JJohnson

Post by JJohnson » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:58 am

That did it! It's rebuilding and it opened up just fine. It's empty at the moment, but I can see it rebuilding the file as I type this. Thanks very much!

One question, did the 'aired today' pivot get removed from the program? I could've sworn that and possibly an airdate sort was in there in prior builds.

JackLuminous

Post by JackLuminous » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:50 pm

There should still be an "aired today" pivot. From the main page go to Settings > Pivots. You can hide/show some of the pivots from there. Let me know.

JJohnson

Post by JJohnson » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:18 am

Yep! Showed up again after a bit. I guess it's just a matter of waiting a bit for the index to rebuild.

On a separate issue, I might be alone on this, but I have German-language translations of American TV shows lurking on my computer, for Smallville, and several other series. The airdates and metadata are different, and while TheTVDB refuses to have separate airdates and channels, is there a way using your plug-in that I could make the different language versions show as different series? So in the list of shows, I'd see Smallville, then Smallville (Deutsch) right after, with German-language metadata? Perhaps by affixing the language in parentheses in the series folder name, that would tell the plug-in to grab foreign language info?

So:
Smallville - that grabs the default, English language
Smallville (Deutsch) - that grabs the German language metadata for that show, and shows it separately from the English language version, perhaps based in 'Settings'
Smallville (Francais) - shows French-language metadata for the show, etc.

And some folks might want to switch in-series between language versions, if they have them. Perhaps an option to switch between using a 'Change language' button when viewing the seasons?

On airdates, the thing is, Smallville aired January 3, 2003 on RTL, which is different from its 2001 premiere in the US, so I would like to show that correctly when viewing my shows.

Topic #2 - Jake 2.0 doesn't seem to want to show up in the plugin, even though it's in TheTVDB

Topic #3 - is there a way to change the images in-plug-in or do we just do it manually? I'm fine with manually, just wondering, really.

JJohnson

Post by JJohnson » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:21 am

And Topic #4 - occasionally I seem to "lose" a show. I have 3 Robocop shows - the animated series, the 1994 series, and the mid-2000s 4-movie series. Sometimes the last one just 'disappears' until I restart the plugin. It has happened on other series also, and I'm not 100% sure why.

aquadextrous

Post by aquadextrous » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:12 pm

3 years since the last post!

I wonder if anyone is still about to help...

I have my PC and WMC running at 3840x2160 and also have overscan turned on on WMC due to the EPG detail when selecting a program getting cut off if i have overscan off and everything set to the edges. TVLibrary seems to set itself within the overscan safe area and so when viewing vidoes they are surrounded by a black border. No other player in WMC does this - everything else is full screen whether or not overscan is on or off.

Is there a way to make TVLibrary fill the screen regardless of overcan? or has anyone else have the problem of TVGuide descriptions being cut off in 4k without overscan and knows a fix to make the whole descripion show?

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:52 am

I'm sorry I can't answer your question because I don't use TV library but I'm curious about weather or not the Internet TV portion of it still works on your PC. The few times I have tried to install it, I couldn't get that part working. Have you had any luck?

aquadextrous

Post by aquadextrous » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:39 pm

jachin99 wrote:I'm sorry I can't answer your question because I don't use TV library but I'm curious about weather or not the Internet TV portion of it still works on your PC. The few times I have tried to install it, I couldn't get that part working. Have you had any luck?
No it’s completely empty

I also gave up on TVLibrary and now using My Movies which has a tv section, this seems to use the native player to play videos and fills the screen. It’s just a shame that the free version is limited and it’s bloody expensive to unlock most features :problem:
I’ll just be living on limited features :wtf: