Pandora native remote control & TV interface using Relaunch

makryger

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by makryger » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:32 pm

Thanks newfiend and staknhalo for that setting in chrome... I was using the technique listed by mashman, which works, but it worries me that I am making the preference file read-only. The only problem is that after I change the setting in chrome://flags, it seems to reset itself at a later point, and I start getting the message again. I may have to stick with the read-only method for now.

@larsf- Could you post some screen shops, perhaps? Right now I'd need some convincing to try out a different plugin. Not to discourage development, but the Pandora html5 interface works really well. Sure, it requires a web address that may change over time, a new browser installation, changing internal chrome settings, using relauncher, and then using Media Center studio to move the link around... but after all that work-around, the interface is really nice, it integrates nicely with WMC, and is quite remote friendly.
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:05 pm

Regarding the shutdown incorrectly popup, I use the --incognito switch with chrome for an automated task that I run so it doesn't appear.

Not sure if it would affect signing into sites if that's required tho....
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

makryger

Post by makryger » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:32 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty sure incognito negates any signed in sites
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

EZEd

Post by EZEd » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:44 am

larsf wrote:I've been developing a Pandora plugin that's a little more integrated in MCE. All the functionality is there, just a little rough around the edges. If anyone's willing to beta test, the installer is on skydrive, located here: http://sdrv.ms/1cvccxZ
I tried to load it but the install would not go through. I'm running Win7 x64. Does that matter?

guppy

Post by guppy » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:33 pm

EZEd wrote:
larsf wrote:I've been developing a Pandora plugin that's a little more integrated in MCE. All the functionality is there, just a little rough around the edges. If anyone's willing to beta test, the installer is on skydrive, located here: http://sdrv.ms/1cvccxZ
I tried to load it but the install would not go through. I'm running Win7 x64. Does that matter?

I am running win 7 X32 and it did not install for me either.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:46 am

I did an updated Step by Step for Pandora in WMC here http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... =30&t=5308 if you like. It works perfectly for me this way on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.

Doctor Feelgood

Post by Doctor Feelgood » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

How can you get the incognito flag to be used with Reluanch? Thanks.

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:15 pm

Just add a space and then --incognito in between chrome.exe and your web address (I think, it's been a while). As mak said, this will not be of much use if you sign into the site you're visiting.
Rob.

Doctor Feelgood

Post by Doctor Feelgood » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:32 pm

I can do that as a shortcut from my desktop - but when trying to use Pandora through Relaunch you are just selecting Chrome from the dropdown and can't set flags. Right?

Really, I am just trying to make the restore error go away. I have disabled the session control and locked the preferences file - but I still get it some times. :?:

Thanks.

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:51 pm

As I said, it's been a while. Maybe I set a custom activity, rather than selected from the list?
Rob.

GnatGoSplat

Post by GnatGoSplat » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:34 pm

I had the same result as others. It crashes trying to install into Win7 x64. It does complete installation in Win8 x64 and the plugin shows up under Radio, but after entering login info, it crashes with "Invalid Plugin" with a checkbox to disable the plugin.

Is there a tutorial on how to configure Relaunch to launch a URL? My first attempt failed. I tried to search for how it's done, but couldn't find an idiot's guide. This is my first time using Relaunch and finding it's not super intuitive. Maybe part of the problem is I'm trying to get it to work with Firefox Nightly (I don't care for Chrome).
The URL itself does work fine in Firefox, it's the relaunch configuration I'm having trouble with.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:24 pm

GnatGoSplat wrote:
I had the same result as others. It crashes trying to install into Win7 x64. It does complete installation in Win8 x64 and the plugin shows up under Radio, but after entering login info, it crashes with "Invalid Plugin" with a checkbox to disable the plugin.

Is there a tutorial on how to configure Relaunch to launch a URL? My first attempt failed. I tried to search for how it's done, but couldn't find an idiot's guide. This is my first time using Relaunch and finding it's not super intuitive. Maybe part of the problem is I'm trying to get it to work with Firefox Nightly (I don't care for Chrome).
The URL itself does work fine in Firefox, it's the relaunch configuration I'm having trouble with.
There is a Step By Step Guide on this thread here : http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... end#p64468
Start at post #14 - #15..
Hope that helps you out.
newfiend~

GnatGoSplat

Post by GnatGoSplat » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:18 am

Thanks. Turns out I was having so much trouble before because Relaunch simply doesn't support any flavor of Firefox, Nightly x64 or otherwise. I checked the source to make sure. I was able to get it to work by launching a batch file using the Program setting, but then I discovered Firefox doesn't have a fullscreen command-line mode, making my whole effort to get Firefox working a waste of time.

So I followed the Guide with Chrome and it worked perfectly as described. Thanks!

Now to see if I can figure out if it's possible to get more advanced functionality... adding a 2nd Pandora link that opens a different Chrome profile for my wife that connects to her Pandora profile instead of mine. So when I want to listen to tunes, I click my Pandora link. When she wants to, she clicks hers. Possible?

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:05 pm

GnatGoSplat wrote:Thanks. Turns out I was having so much trouble before because Relaunch simply doesn't support any flavor of Firefox, Nightly x64 or otherwise. I checked the source to make sure. I was able to get it to work by launching a batch file using the Program setting, but then I discovered Firefox doesn't have a fullscreen command-line mode, making my whole effort to get Firefox working a waste of time.

So I followed the Guide with Chrome and it worked perfectly as described. Thanks!

Now to see if I can figure out if it's possible to get more advanced functionality... adding a 2nd Pandora link that opens a different Chrome profile for my wife that connects to her Pandora profile instead of mine. So when I want to listen to tunes, I click my Pandora link. When she wants to, she clicks hers. Possible?
not sure if that's possible or not, you can always log out of your account at exit and she can log into her's each time you launch Pandora but that's a PITA... Maybe someone else has some better ideas? :problem:

GnatGoSplat

Post by GnatGoSplat » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:50 pm

newfiend wrote:not sure if that's possible or not, you can always log out of your account at exit and she can log into her's each time you launch Pandora but that's a PITA... Maybe someone else has some better ideas? :problem:
Just got that working today!
All I had to do was delete my Relaunch shortcuts and recreate them, adding this after the URL:

--profile-directory=Default

That's for my login. Then I used Relaunch to create another one for hers:

--profile-directory=Profile1

I actually named it her name instead of Profile1, but it doesn't matter, as long as there are no spaces in the profile name. Just launching the link will automatically create the new Profile1 folder (or whatever you name it) in %LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\. This is better than creating new profiles from within Chrome, because Chrome names them "Profile 1", "Profile 2", etc. with a space. Relaunch won't accept double-quotes in the URL textbox, escaping them doesn't work, and single-quotes are interpreted as literal characters, so best to have no spaces at all.

So if I want to listen to Pandora, I just click my Pandora link. When she does, she clicks hers. :thumbup:

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:38 pm

GnatGoSplat wrote:
newfiend wrote:not sure if that's possible or not, you can always log out of your account at exit and she can log into her's each time you launch Pandora but that's a PITA... Maybe someone else has some better ideas? :problem:
Just got that working today!
All I had to do was delete my Relaunch shortcuts and recreate them, adding this after the URL:

--profile-directory=Default

That's for my login. Then I used Relaunch to create another one for hers:

--profile-directory=Profile1

I actually named it her name instead of Profile1, but it doesn't matter, as long as there are no spaces in the profile name. Just launching the link will automatically create the new Profile1 folder (or whatever you name it) in %LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\. This is better than creating new profiles from within Chrome, because Chrome names them "Profile 1", "Profile 2", etc. with a space. Relaunch won't accept double-quotes in the URL textbox, escaping them doesn't work, and single-quotes are interpreted as literal characters, so best to have no spaces at all.

So if I want to listen to Pandora, I just click my Pandora link. When she does, she clicks hers. :thumbup:
Cool Beans.. glad you figured out how to do it. :thumbup:

offroad

Post by offroad » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:32 pm

Good notes on this. Used some information here to get pandora working on chrome. Hope settings stick in chrome.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:23 am

offroad wrote:Good notes on this. Used some information here to get Pandora working on chrome. Hope settings stick in chrome.
If you find that the settings do not stick and you followed my tutorial on the other thread..Try this..

Open Windows Explorer and navigate to %LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default
Find the Preferences file, Right click it and select properties. Under Attributes un-check mark the box Read-only, click Apply, then OK.
make all your settings for each account, log in etc.

Open Windows Explorer and navigate to %LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default
Find the Preferences file, Right click it and select properties. Under Attributes check mark the box Read-only, click Apply, then OK.
All Login's etc. used in chrome (You-Tube Log-in with Relaunch etc) must be done prior to setting the preference file "read only".

This setting along with disabling better session restore in about:flags in Chrome stops the orange bar from dropping down "chrome did not close properly" when you reopen Pandora or You-Tube TV when closing the browser/Pandora with Relaunch. Relaunch closes Pandora but doesn't close Chrome Properly and Chrome will complain each time it is re-opened (orange bar) unless these settings are made.

*NOTE: IF you do not open and close Chrome properly one time prior to setting the preference file read only each time it is launched the bar at the top will return. Clear the error by opening chrome from the desktop clear the bar and close chrome properly. Set the Preference file read only and you should be all set.
newfiend~

offroad

Post by offroad » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:54 am

Newfiend - yep. That's what happened.

Chuggy

Post by Chuggy » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:43 am

I've tried several methods to get pandora to function as stable as possible. This is the best by far. The only thing that would make it perfect would be to launch it from a single button on my remote. Can anyone tell me if this is possible? Ideally I'd like to redirect the "radio" button/shortcut that already exists.