My Channel Logos XL

d00nicus

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by d00nicus » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:42 pm

Just wanted to query if the system is emailing out download links properly or not? We bought a copy of MCL XL last night on my girlfriend's PayPal, but haven't heard a thing back yet - I did (try) and send a message via the contact form, but couldn't actually see a submit button to send it. Hitting enter appeared to work, but there's no confirmation of receipt so impossible to tell if it actually worked or not.

Appreciate any help - was a very happy MCL2 user, and looking forward to being an equally happy MCL XL one! :)

handyd

Post by handyd » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:45 pm

I'm trying to figure out why Auto Populate isn't working.

I have 3 machines. I decided to redo all my logos from scratch. I didn't populate any of them and manually added a logo for each station of my choosing. Obviously, all the logo were put in the custom folder. There were 439 in total (using FIOS and removing stations)

I then deleted all the logos in all the folders, except for the custom folder, copied all the logos to the Color folder and renamed them with the _c. (Bulk rename utility works awesome: http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/)

I copied just those Color folder and the custom folder to another machine, removed all the logos, then autopopulated using just my two folders, only 329 imported. Just to try to get more imported, I copied all the logos to the big folder and B&W folder and rename each one with _b or _w. It didn't work.

I'm using 3.1. Why won't it just work?

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:08 pm

handyd wrote:Why won't it just work?
I don't know for sure....but....Have you tried "Not helping so much." The Custom Folder is for logo's you have created yourself.

handyd

Post by handyd » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:01 am

Crash2009 wrote:
handyd wrote:Why won't it just work?
I don't know for sure....but....Have you tried "Not helping so much." The Custom Folder is for logo's you have created yourself.
Ok, I removed all the logos from the custom folder and it still only auto populated 372.

Any suggestions?

makryger

Post by makryger » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:35 am

I'm away from the computer that sends those emails right now, but once I'm back tomorrow I'll make sure its still sending. I recently upgraded it to windows 10, which has been annoyingly continually installing updates causing the computer to restart.

With regards to logos not populating, once you create a custom logo, then the system assumes you want to use that custom logo rather than attempting to autopopulate the logos I provide. That logo becomes "locked" to the custom logo. If you want to make it autopopulate like normal, you have to unlock all of those logos, and then move them to the color photo folder.
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

d00nicus

Post by d00nicus » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:28 pm

We still haven't heard anything re: our license, if I PM you the PayPal address, can you please give it a nudge manually?

CFC

Post by CFC » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:43 pm

Is there a good place to get new channel logos formatted for the program?
My photoshop skills are pretty much non-existent, so for now all the newer channels on my setup don't have any logos :oops:

Thanks for the help,
CFC

oakley516

Post by oakley516 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:53 pm

CFC wrote:Is there a good place to get new channel logos formatted for the program?
My photoshop skills are pretty much non-existent, so for now all the newer channels on my setup don't have any logos :oops:

Thanks for the help,
CFC
You should be able to find logos for almost any TV channel on this website:

http://www.lyngsat-logo.com/tv/a_1.html

jriker1

Post by jriker1 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:34 pm

d00nicus wrote:Just wanted to query if the system is emailing out download links properly or not? We bought a copy of MCL XL last night on my girlfriend's PayPal, but haven't heard a thing back yet - I did (try) and send a message via the contact form, but couldn't actually see a submit button to send it. Hitting enter appeared to work, but there's no confirmation of receipt so impossible to tell if it actually worked or not.

Appreciate any help - was a very happy MCL2 user, and looking forward to being an equally happy MCL XL one! :)
Same here.

jriker1

Post by jriker1 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:20 am

jriker1 wrote:
d00nicus wrote:Just wanted to query if the system is emailing out download links properly or not? We bought a copy of MCL XL last night on my girlfriend's PayPal, but haven't heard a thing back yet - I did (try) and send a message via the contact form, but couldn't actually see a submit button to send it. Hitting enter appeared to work, but there's no confirmation of receipt so impossible to tell if it actually worked or not.

Same here.
my channel logo author just messaged me with the download info.

JR

The Mac

Post by The Mac » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:55 pm

Just purchased from paypal.

Been a couple hours, haven't received an email.

used the form online, but as someone else pointed out, there is no send button or confirmation.

makryger

Post by makryger » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:33 am

In case people are wondering what the issue is this time, it's that I have a computer set up in my basement that had been reliably sending out download emails until I upgraded it to Windows 10. Now, Windows 10 has this frustrating "feature" where it decides it will download updates and restart my computer without any input from me. And I can't seem to be figure out how to turn this off at all. The computer is supposed to be left alone, and everything is supposed to just work, but with this constant problem where it restarts my computer, it's resulting in sporadic occasions where suddenly the emails stop sending.

Does anyone have any ideas how to make the updates/restarts stop?

(PS, I fixed the "Submit" button not showing up on mychannellogos.com)
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:52 am

Disable the Windows Update service.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:57 am

Disable or Configure Updates
Attachments
DisableUpdates002.jpg
DisableUpdates001.jpg

Jimmersd

Post by Jimmersd » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:05 am

makryger wrote:In case people are wondering what the issue is this time, it's that I have a computer set up in my basement that had been reliably sending out download emails until I upgraded it to Windows 10. Now, Windows 10 has this frustrating "feature" where it decides it will download updates and restart my computer without any input from me. And I can't seem to be figure out how to turn this off at all. The computer is supposed to be left alone, and everything is supposed to just work, but with this constant problem where it restarts my computer, it's resulting in sporadic occasions where suddenly the emails stop sending.

Does anyone have any ideas how to make the updates/restarts stop?

(PS, I fixed the "Submit" button not showing up on mychannellogos.com)
Reinstall Windows 7

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:34 am

Alternatively if you want to keep updates you could configure the emailing program to automatically start up as a scheduled task. If necessary you can also configure the PC to auto login.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

tke527

Post by tke527 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:06 pm

I sent payment last Sunday 9/25 for my channel logos XL and still have not been sent an email to download. Any suggestions?

vonmolk

Post by vonmolk » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:27 pm

I sent payment yesterday 10/1 and have not received an email to download. It is ordered under same email address as on my The Green Button forum account.

vonmolk

Post by vonmolk » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:33 pm

Thank you got the download link in PM :)

yowser

Post by yowser » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:46 pm

Well, I also sent a Paypal payment for MCL XL on Sunday, Oct. 2 but still have not received the download link. I also sent an email via mychannellogos.com contact link at the top of their page but received no reply. Tried again yesterday. Still no reply. I called their telephone number listed at Paypal which had a recording to contact them via their web site link. I saw the above post where "vonmolk" finally got his download via a PM here. So I went ahead and registered here as a last resort to hopefully get a PM for the download. If I don't receive a reply soon, I'm opening a Paypal dispute. When I ordered MCL XL from mychannellogos.com and made the payment, I received an automated reply that I would receive the download link in less than 60 minutes. Sounds like others are in the same boat.