My Channel Logos XL

choliscott

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by choliscott » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:54 pm

I'm trying this method of updating my channel guide.

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 934#p94934

The issue is after it updates, most of the logo's disappear until I open "My Channel Logos" & press the auto populate button & then they reappear.

I have even tried having MCImportXML point to the logos for some of the channels, but that even doesn't work.

brianlich wrote:
choliscott wrote:Is there a way to run autopopulate from the command line?
makryger wrote:I'm not sure if there's a great way around it, other than perhaps running autopopulate from command line on a more regular basis to make sure it gets the logos shortly after a dvbguide update. If its not matching at all even after dvbguide info, then I'm not sure what the problem is.
I believe mclupdater.exe will look for logos updates and then run autopopulate.

handyd

Post by handyd » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:28 am

Hello, I have an issue and a request.

first the issue: I have at least one channel from WMC that isn't show up in MCLXL so I can't assign a logo to it. Any thoughts?

second, the request would be to allow me to sort the channels with and without logos by the channel number and not just the name.

Thank you
David

RyC

Post by RyC » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:29 pm

makryger wrote:Alright, I've managed to update the database so that it should be much more reliable for all the major channels. If you go to MCL, click "update logos in the settings tab. And then try to autopopulate again, hopefully it should be much better for United States users. If you are still having certain channels that are not populating, send me a PM with the callsign (can be found by pressing "enter" on the channel column in the guide, and looking at the callsign on the top right.)

Some frustrating things I've noted:
- Unfortunately, this Rovi service does not go by any particular naming convention, so, for example, every music choice channel is labeled "MC". MCL will not be able to match that anymore, so if you listen to Music Choice, you'll have to manually populate.
- There is also more inconsitencies associated with the "Affiliates" data. It used to be very standard information, but that seems to be less the case. That means it will not be as easy to fall back on that tag when I don't specifically have your callsign in the database. Again, you might have to manually add.
I've been having the same problem with the Music Choice channels that a few other people have had (changing one logo changes all of them). I used GuideTool to manually rename the callsigns to match the logo callsigns, but MCL still seems to recognize all the MC channels as "MC" even with the manual callsign changes. Any way around this?

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:31 pm

Does anyone have logo's for these non-populated channels?

How are the logo's installed?
Attachments
MyChannelLogo001.JPG

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:41 pm

Those would just use their respective network logos which are already in the MCL database. I see NBC, ABC, a couple of PBS's, etc. Just assign the appropriate ones manually.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:47 pm

mdavej wrote:Those would just use their respective network logos which are already in the MCL database. I see NBC, ABC, a couple of PBS's, etc. Just assign the appropriate ones manually.
Thanks, I'll open up MCL and dig around a bit, and see if I can figure it out.

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:36 pm

There's a button on the main screen to browse for a logo. Just go to the big logos folder and pick one. It helps to change your file explorer view to extra large icons.

But you need to identify which call letters go with which network first. Maybe look on Titan TV or Zap2It first.

FWIW, I usually have to manually assign about 80 logos when I set up MCL.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:21 pm

mdavej wrote:There's a button on the main screen to browse for a logo. Just go to the big logos folder and pick one. It helps to change your file explorer view to extra large icons.

But you need to identify which call letters go with which network first. Maybe look on Titan TV or Zap2It first.

I think I see what the problem is...I'm running all HD channels. There is no STRZEHD (Starz Edge HD) logo in the C:\ProgramData\MyChannelLogos\Logos\Big.....folder. So like you suggested I picked one. I used the Starz Edge (non-HD logo). I probably should lock that one Huh! In case MCL decides I'm better off with no logo.

I suppose I could also just make a copy of strzE and rename it strzEhd. I don't care if HD is not on the logo.

I guess MCL did OK on my setup.....I only have 105 channels and it auto-populated 94.

With a little help from you manual-populate was pretty easy.

Thanks for the help.
Attachments
MyChannelLogo002.JPG

Wilky13

Post by Wilky13 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:41 pm

mdavej wrote:There's a button on the main screen to browse for a logo. Just go to the big logos folder and pick one. It helps to change your file explorer view to extra large icons.

Where's the button to "browse for logos". I don't see it?

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:55 pm

Wilky13 wrote:

Where's the button to "browse for logos". I don't see it?
Just click where the logo should go.
http://www.mychannellogos.com/faq/logotut

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:45 pm

Wilky13 wrote:Where's the button to "browse for logos". I don't see it?
Like mdavej said, click one of the call signs in channels without logos.....This will light up the add logo button in the center of the screen.
Attachments
MyChannelLogo003.JPG

Wilky13

Post by Wilky13 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:52 am

OH ok, I knew that was there. But I didn't realize there was a folder under C:\ProgramData that already had logos, I was always downloading stuff from the Internet.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:45 pm

Not a difficult project, just a little time consuming.

Most of the logo's that I needed were in the "big" folder. Had to do a little re-naming to be able to find what I needed. I suppose over the years, with all the Television Station acquisitions/mergers/etc., creative re-naming was necessary. Example stz_b and starz_b.

Some of the others were found on Logopedia.....

http://logos.wikia.com/wiki/Logopedia

Then re-sized or converted to .png using PicResize.....

http://picresize.com/

My guide looks a bit more complete now. I have been putting this off while waiting for the Rovi fiasco to settle down.
Attachments
MyChannelLogo005.JPG

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:50 pm

There are just a couple logo's that I think are too small.....

One of them is the UP Channel 135 X 133.
Another is Fox channel #1651

What would you suggest to increase the size displayed in the guide? Should I just make the .png bigger? double it to 270 X 266
Attachments
MyChannelLogo007.JPG
MyChannelLogo006.JPG

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:18 pm

The max is 75x225, so doubling won't make any difference since the aspect remains the same. Cropping to remove any dead space is the most you can do. Square aspect logos are going to be small regardless.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:02 pm

mdavej wrote:The max is 75x225, so doubling won't make any difference since the aspect remains the same. Cropping to remove any dead space is the most you can do. Square aspect logos are going to be small regardless.
This one is solved.
Attachments
MyChannelLogo008.JPG

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:39 am

I had MCL on my previous HTPC but lost the installer and key when it failed. I just went to buy a new copy for my new HTPC but the downloader is deactivated on the MCL site for end of year accounting purposes. When will it be back up?

Thanks

brianlich

Post by brianlich » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:11 am

Sammy2 wrote:I had MCL on my previous HTPC but lost the installer and key when it failed. I just went to buy a new copy for my new HTPC but the downloader is deactivated on the MCL site for end of year accounting purposes. When will it be back up?

Thanks
I believe Michael is out of the country at the moment, and I'm not sure when he's due back. He said he would open it up when he's back though.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:27 am

Sammy2 wrote:I just went to buy a new copy for my new HTPC but the downloader is deactivated on the MCL site for end of year accounting purposes
Dig up your email from your previous purchase then donate when the site is back up.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:19 pm

I installed MCL in ported W10/WMCv11 yesterday. Found a nice surprise in the Extra's Library this morning.
So far, a few of the tweaks are not working for me:

1) number of Row's
2) number of Row's in MiniGuide
3) 3 hour view

Is this a limitation of W10/WMCv11 or MCL?

BTW, I owe you a Donation, when you enable the site again.