My Channel Logos XL

h45e

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by h45e » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:12 am

Is there a way that we can get the logos on the bottom left hand corner also (where it says "WDR Koln")?

chrisgnv

Post by chrisgnv » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:06 am

May I respectfully request addition of logos for Encore Black and Encore Classic? I often resort to wikipedia for add-in logos but the Encore logos there have a black font and disappear into the guide. The logos provided by MCL for other Encore channels are superior. It would be nice if they just showed up one day.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:13 pm

After switching to EPG123/SD, the music channels now have the correct call sign (MC01, MC02). However, MCL XL will not auto-populate the music channels. Suggestions?
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

STC

Post by STC » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:32 pm

mak hasn't been around of late...
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

HTBruceM

Post by HTBruceM » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:54 pm

Scallica wrote:After switching to EPG123/SD, the music channels now have the correct call sign (MC01, MC02). However, MCL XL will not auto-populate the music channels. Suggestions?
I was starting to make my own logos for every one of the MC channels, but wimped out and just manually updated each channel with this logo for all MC channels:
Music.png
I let MCL import, resize, and rename this into the custom logos folder (it named them MC01, MC02, etc.). The black background shown above is actually transparent in the PNG file.
I figured since EPG123/SD guide data is showing the name of each channel in the grid, there wasn't any real value in creating custom logos for each one.
2016-03-10.png

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:13 pm

I did exactly the same thing. Great minds think alike.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:37 pm

HTBruceM wrote:
Scallica wrote:After switching to EPG123/SD, the music channels now have the correct call sign (MC01, MC02). However, MCL XL will not auto-populate the music channels. Suggestions?
I was starting to make my own logos for every one of the MC channels, but wimped out and just manually updated each channel with this logo for all MC channels:
Music.png
I let MCL import, resize, and rename this into the custom logos folder (it named them MC01, MC02, etc.). The black background shown above is actually transparent in the PNG file.
I figured since EPG123/SD guide data is showing the name of each channel in the grid, there wasn't any real value in creating custom logos for each one.
2016-03-10.png
I ran into this problem too. I went to the smaller logos and they were all there but, if I applied one, say the 80's channel, they all would popuplate with the 80's channel. So I ended up going on bing images, doing a serch for "music choice" and found one with a transparent background (exactly like above), re-sized to fit and it works perfect and automaticly populated on all channels.

Funny thing I found, If you use only the XL logos, there is a good chunk of channels that there is no logos for but, if you browse through the standard color logos, they are there and a larger choice of them... They DONT appear to look any different than the XL logos and even on my 65" 4K TV, I dont see a stand out differnce on the standard over the XL (nothing that jumps out at you MIXED in the guide with XL ones)

So, to get them to populate every channel, it's not as easy as Auto-populate... On the old free version (non-XL version), it got every channel.
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

webminster

Post by webminster » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:06 am

I'm guessing we're pretty much on our own now, as far as logos go? Haven't seen any new program or logo updates in what feels like years...
-Alan

makryger

Post by makryger » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:22 pm

Just to let you all know that I am indeed still around, and logo updates are in the works. I've just been terribly busy as of late, and have not gotten in the epg123 bandwagon which makes it harder to find these matching problems you all are having. You should see logos automatically update in your guides in the upcoming days/weeks. If someone goes into mcl and sends me the logs from epg123, I can try to update the music choice logos too.
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

choliscott

Post by choliscott » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:23 am

I would suggest doing the following:

1) Copying the logos that begin with "MC" under C:\ProgramData\MyChannelLogos\Logos\Color to another folder
2) Open MCL & go to the first MC entry that you do not have a channel logo for. Make a note of which MC station this is i.e. Music Choice Rock, Music Choice Country, Music Choice 80's, etc
3) Go to the new folder that has the music choice logos & set the view for large icons
4) Do a search using an abbreviation. For example if the station is Music choice rock, then search for "MCR". It will show the search results & the reason I said to set the view to large icon is so you can see the logo.
5) Rename the file that corresponds to the channel name. So if the station MC01 is Music choice rock, then rename the Music Choice - Rock logo file to "MC01_C" (The Station name plus _C at the end)
6) When you are done, copy the newly renamed files back to C:\ProgramData\MyChannelLogos\Logos\Color. I would also suggest making a backup in another folder, so you don't have to repeat the renaming steps
7) Go to MCL & press "Auto Populate Logos" & it should automatically add in the missing Music Channel logos.

On a side note, you also do the same thing for other logos.

Yes you could also go & click on "Find logo" & do step 4 above, but it won't add the "_c". manually renaming the file will allow you to copy the "manually renamed" files back a later time, if you have to do a reinstall of MCL

scyto

Post by scyto » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:02 pm

makryger wrote:Just to let you all know that I am indeed still around, and logo updates are in the works. I've just been terribly busy as of late, and have not gotten in the epg123 bandwagon which makes it harder to find these matching problems you all are having. You should see logos automatically update in your guides in the upcoming days/weeks. If someone goes into mcl and sends me the logs from epg123, I can try to update the music choice logos too.
Hi, are you interested in general missing logo reports - I notice a lot of my Comcast HD channels have no logo, though there are standard logos - should I email a log?

makryger

Post by makryger » Sun May 01, 2016 1:17 am

scyto wrote:
makryger wrote:Just to let you all know that I am indeed still around, and logo updates are in the works. I've just been terribly busy as of late, and have not gotten in the epg123 bandwagon which makes it harder to find these matching problems you all are having. You should see logos automatically update in your guides in the upcoming days/weeks. If someone goes into mcl and sends me the logs from epg123, I can try to update the music choice logos too.
Hi, are you interested in general missing logo reports - I notice a lot of my Comcast HD channels have no logo, though there are standard logos - should I email a log?

Yeah, sure-- please send me a PM with those logos through this forum.
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

pittsoccer33

Post by pittsoccer33 » Tue May 24, 2016 12:34 am

a bit of a bug here - i cant get my channel numbers to go away. any thoughts on whats causing the problem?

marvin-miller

Post by marvin-miller » Sat May 28, 2016 6:10 pm

I did that but got nothing but dead air.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sun May 29, 2016 3:54 am

marvin-miller wrote:
I did that but got nothing but dead air.
I didn't have much luck with MCL inside EPG123.

Did yours look like this?
Attachments
EPG123_015.jpg

webminster

Post by webminster » Sun May 29, 2016 4:02 am

I saw that at least once, myself. Try going into the "Guide" tab on the MCL config utility, and tweak the "space in logo cell" a little (remember personally tweaking it down a little). Save it, restart the WMC UI, it probably will fix the problem.
-Alan

Venom51

Post by Venom51 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:18 am

Mark,

When you get a moment I donated $10 to the cause today for the latest version of XL. I got my Paypal notification but never received the link to the download.

Jun 9, 2016 17:33:22 EDT
Transaction ID: 4HD13611GN932913P

Hello,
You sent a payment of $10.00 USD to My Channel Logos
(support@mychannellogos.com)

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.
Instructions to merchant
You haven't entered any instructions.

Description Unit price Qty Amount
My Channel Logos XL $10.00 USD 1 $10.00 USD
Subtotal $10.00 USD
Total $10.00 USD
Payment $10.00 USD
Payment sent to support@mychannellogos.com

twinscrewed

Post by twinscrewed » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:47 pm

I Donated on the 21st of last month and have not received the download link. Ive tried contacting via the contact us on the website and email with no response.

makryger

Post by makryger » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:59 pm

My apologies, I have been in the process of moving to a new house and haven't been able to get access to that e-mail. I'll work on making sure you get your downloads tonight!

Venom51

Post by Venom51 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:43 pm

No worries. I just let you know in case the process was automated and you were perhaps unaware it wasn't working.