My Channel Logos XL

brianlich

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by brianlich » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:55 am

STC wrote:mak, are you aware there is a problem your end? MCL will not update. An update causes an app crash.
I just tried it and it appears to be fixed now.

STC

Post by STC » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:29 am

I concur. It had been down for a few days.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

makryger

Post by makryger » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:16 pm

Sorry, there was a missing quotation mark in the database that screwed up the whole thing! Should be fixed now.
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

fleanote

Post by fleanote » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:19 pm

I too fell victim to the EPG switchover (Verizon Heritage/Maryland). I had to reload the PC completely (Win 7 Pro) and reinstall all tuners, etc. I don't have any issues with loading WMC or the TV setup/guide, or installing MCL XL, what I can't figure out is why local channels logo's won't populate? I uninstalled/re-installed, but no logos for local channels, short of manually assigning them, is there something I can do? Other channels have logo's and there are even some new ones that dont exist on my other media centers. Anyone have advice?

Bcpanks

Post by Bcpanks » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:54 am

Anyway to get MCLXL to recognize Music Choice channels as separate channels instead of just one channel? I tried manually renaming the channels in MC but it still sees them as one channel, so when you assign a logo it assigns it to all of the channels.

lurch66

Post by lurch66 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:55 am

Bcpanks wrote:Anyway to get MCLXL to recognize Music Choice channels as separate channels instead of just one channel? I tried manually renaming the channels in MC but it still sees them as one channel, so when you assign a logo it assigns it to all of the channels.
I am having the same issue. I have tried renaming the channel as they all have the same call sign in windows media center and if you go into sources it list 196 for me which is all the music choice chx4 I have a issue report on Microsoft connect so please vote it up so rovi changes the call signs to individual channels.

https://connect.microsoft.com/site1145/ ... ls/1631599

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:24 am

In the UK we are having big guide data problems - the download from Microsoft completes OK but ended on 6/9/2015.

Some of us have resorted to injecting OTA listing data into Media Center. I am using DVBGuide to do this which adds new listings into Media Center. When I switch to using one of these listings for a channel I lose the MCL logo for that channel. The channel is still named the same but it is just using a different listing.

If I launch MCL it doesn't list the channel in question; either in channels with logos or channels without.

Hopefully the official guide data will get fixed soon. But I was wondering why MCL is behaving like this? Just in case this turns into a long term issue.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

OTA

Post by OTA » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:36 pm

I'm not sure if this has been covered, but I just downloaded and installed My Channel Logos and I ran the initial setup. It only auto populated 10 logos, so I started manually installing them. That's when I noticed that there were stations listed in my state, but outside of my viewing area. I went and checked the guide in WMC and they are all there. I don't recall seeing these before installing My Channel Logos. I did a rescan of the channels in WMC and they are all still there. I'm not sure where they came from, but thought I would see if anybody else had the same experience.

makryger

Post by makryger » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:09 am

@IT Troll- I can't say I've used DVBGuide before, so I'm not sure why it would be removing the MCL logo.Sometimes they try to use their own tag that points to a nonexistant logo, and that information might replace mine. I'm not sure if there's a great way around it, other than perhaps running autopopulate from command line on a more regular basis to make sure it gets the logos shortly after a dvbguide update. If its not matching at all even after dvbguide info, then I'm not sure what the problem is.

@OTA- MCL shouldn't really be adding any stations- I just pull in the data that already exists from your TV Setup.
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

OTA

Post by OTA » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:16 am

makryger wrote:@OTA- MCL shouldn't really be adding any stations- I just pull in the data that already exists from your TV Setup.
That's what I figured. Maybe something else happened, either way, it's no big deal. I've taken them off using MCE reset toolbox. I've been spending all evening making custom logos for my local stations. Pretty much finished now. Thanks for a great program.

Tehax

Post by Tehax » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:38 pm

Hello makryger,
may as you know it is since last week possible to get WMC on Windows 10. For me it works great. I was able to run MyChannelLogos with compatibility mode but without additional features like big logos, 3h view, more rows and so on.
Is there a chance for an app for win 10 (32/64)?

Dragonfly

Post by Dragonfly » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:01 pm

Been using MCL for quite a while and never encountered this problem: (Win7/64 new install)

I set to display channel #, logo, and 9 rows in the guide. Everything looks fine except one channel (WGCLDT) is taking up two rows and displaying channel #, logo,callsign, and the word "DRAMA". All other channels are displaying correctly.

Any ideas? Haven't tried a reinstall yet.

makryger

Post by makryger » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:41 pm

@Tehax- We will evaluate whether this it is possible to easily integrate into Windows 10. I would assume that all of the files associated with guide modifications would have to be redone, like I had to do for windows 8.

@Dragonfly. I've never seen something like that before. What happens if you increase the length of that column in MCL?

Dragonfly

Post by Dragonfly » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:44 am

makryger wrote: @Dragonfly. I've never seen something like that before. What happens if you increase the length of that column in MCL?
Column was already at max width, but what I found was that there were TWO Channel 809s checked in the guide:

Eliminating the bogus channel solved the problem.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:59 pm

makryger wrote:@Tehax- We will evaluate whether this it is possible to easily integrate into Windows 10. I would assume that all of the files associated with guide modifications would have to be redone, like I had to do for windows 8.
The newest builds (I have been involved and have been testing every install on it), are BASED off Windows 8.1 WMC (actually files are used from 6.3.9600.16384 )

So, there should not be a large change in what you need, I seemed to get XL running fine but, I just want logos in my guide, I have not really played with any of the other features...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

makryger

Post by makryger » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:43 am

I am pleased to report that I've got the major local stations working better now in MCL XL, after the Rovi guide debacle. If you are someone whose local stations were not matching, but have not gotten around to doing the matching manually, autopopulate will do the work for you again, like in the good old days.

However, to get it working properly, you will have to click "Check for logo updates" under settings. If you're installing fresh, it should work automatically.

jjwatmyself

Post by jjwatmyself » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:53 pm

Message to the Op... Did you correspond from Kevin Andrews in Jan 2014 regarding interactions between My Channel Logos XL and MCE RTB (http://www.acs-digital-media.com/)? Here is his message to me at that time and the issue is self-explanatory. I mention as I would like this issue to be resolved as both applications are so useful and it would be great to be able to use both on the same machine. Thank you.
Hi John

Tests have been successful, this is what i discovered.

Test A.
1. I applied guide changes using My Channel Logos, this succeeded.
2. I applied changes with MCE RTB this succeeded although it removed changes made by My Channel Logos, this i expected.
3. Re-applied changes using My Channel Logos, this failed.

So added function to change the values in the settings.xml file for My Channel Logos.

Test B.
1. I applied guide changes using My Channel Logos, this succeeded.
2. I applied changes with MCE RTB this succeeded although it removed changes made by My Channel Logos, this i expected.
3. Re-applied changes using My Channel Logos, this succeeded.
4. Tested both MCE RTB and My Channel Logos working in unison, this succeeded.

Although i cannot retain changes made by My Channel Logos as this is not possible, i can give My Channel Logos control of the file allowing changes to be reapplied.

Obviously i will need to contact the developer of My Channel Logos to get permission to allow MCE RTB to modify the settings.xml file, once i have this i will release an update with the new function.

Best Regards
Kevin

choliscott

Post by choliscott » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:44 am

Is there a way to run autopopulate from the command line?
makryger wrote:I'm not sure if there's a great way around it, other than perhaps running autopopulate from command line on a more regular basis to make sure it gets the logos shortly after a dvbguide update. If its not matching at all even after dvbguide info, then I'm not sure what the problem is.

brianlich

Post by brianlich » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:35 pm

choliscott wrote:Is there a way to run autopopulate from the command line?
makryger wrote:I'm not sure if there's a great way around it, other than perhaps running autopopulate from command line on a more regular basis to make sure it gets the logos shortly after a dvbguide update. If its not matching at all even after dvbguide info, then I'm not sure what the problem is.
I believe mclupdater.exe will look for logos updates and then run autopopulate.

Solo

Post by Solo » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:22 pm

Thanks so much for this fix! Love your product. Keep up the great work!
makryger wrote:I am pleased to report that I've got the major local stations working better now in MCL XL, after the Rovi guide debacle. If you are someone whose local stations were not matching, but have not gotten around to doing the matching manually, autopopulate will do the work for you again, like in the good old days.

However, to get it working properly, you will have to click "Check for logo updates" under settings. If you're installing fresh, it should work automatically.