HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Brainsuck » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:14 am

Not working on 8.1 Mce
Attachments
mclxl.JPG

makryger

Post by makryger » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:35 am

I would not recommend installing mcl on Windows 8.1 yet .. it was only just released to developers today. I'll tell you when we have further support, and will update the webpage accordingly.
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:38 am

I expect the final release will be just different enough from the preview to break any changes you make anyway mak! :D
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

makryger

Post by makryger » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:37 pm

IT Troll wrote:
makryger wrote:I'm working on it! Should have a set of the freeview big logos ready in the next few weeks.
Great news. Including some of the newer channels e.g. BBC2 HD, 4seven, Movie Mix? I think there was about 8 that I had to make myself for MCL v2.
If its on my list of freeview channels, then yes. I'm not particularly familiar with how those work, so I'm not sure if freeview channels are all the same for different regions?
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

makryger

Post by makryger » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:38 pm

OneAn9ryN00b wrote:Bug, or Supposed to be like this?

Every time I manually add a logo from the Big logo folder, it re-sizes the logo to a smaller one, and puts it in the custom folder.....Is it supposed to shrink it down?

Its barely noticeable on the guide, but if you're doing a side-by-side comparison, the small text is slightly blurred.

Bug. Will be fixed in the next minor release. In the meantime, after manually assigning the logo, you can just copy and paste the original logo back into the custom folder with the new name, and it won't be resized.

OneAn9ryN00b

Post by OneAn9ryN00b » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:52 pm

Thank you for your response. I was beginning to think my question got lost in the pile.

Motz

Post by Motz » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:12 pm

makryger wrote:I would not recommend installing mcl on Windows 8.1 yet .. it was only just released to developers today. I'll tell you when we have further support, and will update the webpage accordingly.
I agree with you on this one. I would absolutely NOT recommend installing a Windows or any OS "preview" or "beta" on your main production machine, especially your HTPC machine. When developers have no time at all to test their applications whether it be desktop or in the Windows store that is no good at all.

I remember going to //build and getting the dev preview of Windows 8 what a disaster, but things changed and got a lot better going into RC and RTM, but I didn't even install on my main machines until a few months later. Just give you devs some time :)
I Write, Code, and Tweet

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:52 pm

makryger wrote:If its on my list of freeview channels, then yes. I'm not particularly familiar with how those work, so I'm not sure if freeview channels are all the same for different regions?
There are some regional variations, e.g. STV replaces ITV in Scotland. However the following link is a good start for the current line up.

http://www.freeview.co.uk/whats-on/channels
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

AlunS

Post by AlunS » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:27 am

I'm having trouble accessing the website too. Cleared cache etc., different browsers, different PC's, even tried different DNS servers (Google) all to no avail.

nslookup returns two different IP addresses, depending on whether you enter mychannellogos.com (198.252.96.54) which if I enter it into the address bar gives me a hosting website (Hawkhost) or http://www.mychannellogos.com (74.125.24.121) which is actually resolves to a google address (ghs.google.com), so something is clearly a bit messed up with the DNS configuration somewhere.

I'm in Ireland with UPC as my ISP if that's relevant.

EDIT: http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ ... llogos.com says it's down too.

tfish

Post by tfish » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:55 am

So.. I know it's a beta but any fix to the Invocation of the construction type error that Brainsuck posted back in June with Windows 8.1?
Could it be a compatibility issue with .Net 4.5.1?

I'm sorry but I've been using 8.1 ever since the preview release day and there's no way i'm rolling back as the changes make the experience heaps better and too much of a mission. I have however, just wasted $5 :-(
Thanks

makryger

Post by makryger » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:58 am

It'll be out soon. To be more specific, in exactly 50 moments. :smile:

makryger

Post by makryger » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:42 am

Now UK users can enjoy the full potential of MCL XL- I've just finished uploading a set of BIG logos for all of the UK Freeview Channels (and most of the radio stations).

MCL XL for Windows 8.1 will be available very soon.

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:13 am

Woohoo nice one mak :)
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

poissony

Post by poissony » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:24 am

When I try and update logos to get the big logos for the UK I get this error:
mychanerror.jpg
mychanerror.jpg (11.21 KiB) Viewed 3196 times

makryger

Post by makryger » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:12 pm

Hmmm... let me take a look, I might have had a typo...

poissony

Post by poissony » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:03 pm

If it helps the dialog box is a "PermissionsErrorDialog" box. I'm running Win 7 64bit.

makryger

Post by makryger » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:39 pm

Fixed the permissionsErrordialog... it was a stray '&' in an xml file.

mdonovan

Post by mdonovan » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:21 pm

I installed My Channel Logos XL, and after working with it a bit I have it set up and it works good, except one small thing I would like to request. When I am playing TV and I go to the guide it would be very nice if the channel and show I was watching is selected rather than the top channel. I have the guide set to 10 lines, 3 hour mode.

Thanks

Matt

[Moderator note: topic merged]

ajhieb

Post by ajhieb » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:41 pm

Okay, so "Speed" and "Fuel" have officially switched over to "Fox Sports 1" and "Fox Sports 2"

What needs to happen for me to get updated logos on those channels? I've done a few cursory google searches and haven't found much info.

I'm assuming that the channel names need to be updated, but I'm not sure if that happens during a guide update, or some CableCard magic, or if I need to do that manually, and then once the name is updated I presume it is a matter of just manually changing the logos in MCL once they are available (or once I've made my own)

Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

brianlich

Post by brianlich » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:01 am

ajhieb wrote:Okay, so "Speed" and "Fuel" have officially switched over to "Fox Sports 1" and "Fox Sports 2"

What needs to happen for me to get updated logos on those channels? I've done a few cursory google searches and haven't found much info.

I'm assuming that the channel names need to be updated, but I'm not sure if that happens during a guide update, or some CableCard magic, or if I need to do that manually, and then once the name is updated I presume it is a matter of just manually changing the logos in MCL once they are available (or once I've made my own)

Any thoughts on this? Thanks.
The guide should update automatically with the new channel names. Not sure when that'll happen though.

If you've made your own, you can manually change the logos. Otherwise, My Channel Logos will update them automatically once they've been created.