My Channel Logos XL

TMan459

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by TMan459 » Mon May 27, 2013 3:27 am

TMan459 wrote:
bobbob wrote:just installed the xl version, previously i was using 2.3 combined with mce reset toolbox. the only thing i missed was being able to reduce the column with the channel name.

since installing xl i can change the width of the column fine and reloaded all the logos but it doesnt seem to be able to change anything to do with row numbers or enable the 3 hour view. i presume this is because i previously set this with mce toolbox and i note you say other dll editing programs may cause weirdness but i need to use mce toolbox as a mce studio replacement. i'm happy because i got what i wanted but i'm curious to see the three hour view in use. is there anything you can suggest short of uninstalling mce toolbox?
makryger wrote:If you email me through Contact Us, I can give you some suggestions for troubleshooting.
Please, if a solution or workaround is found, post your findings on this thread so myself and others can benefit!

I'm also having the same issues, although I just reformatted, and am going to setup MCL XL before I tune WMC with MCE Reset Toolbox to see if that does anything.

I will also follow up with my findings!

EDIT: I should also add that I did not use MCE Reset Toolbox to modify the guide...
I'll now add that after a reformat, and using MCL XL first, then using MCE Reset Toolbox, everything is playing well together. I have a 10 row/3 hour guide, and it's wonderful!

Figured I'd pass this along.

vert18

Post by vert18 » Mon May 27, 2013 8:19 am

awesome possum.. I forget how much I sent ya via paypal or what version I have.. must look it up in a day or so..

march 30th ... 10bucks!
hmm to late to check what version that was
get that tomorrow

TeddyR

Post by TeddyR » Tue May 28, 2013 1:57 am

hmm ... august 2011..didnt realize it was that long ago.. but still happy to pay for the new version :-)

good example of software that "Just Works", and does what it is supposed to that you forget when you got it....
Time is on my side.

makryger

Post by makryger » Tue May 28, 2013 11:59 pm

Split topic of discussion regarding an indicator for the current time in the guide.
http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... f=9&t=5260
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

Motz

Post by Motz » Thu May 30, 2013 7:15 pm

Free upgrade! Good thing MCL tricked me by putting the $10 first so I totally bought it for $10 last December (although it was like my 3rd time buying it)

I will have MMC apps updated soon to work with the new sizes
I Write, Code, and Tweet

werds

Post by werds » Fri May 31, 2013 4:00 am

Well, I like that I can modify how many hours the guide shows and easily added more rows... unfortunately for me when I applied the changes everything went POOF! All my guide data dissapeared as well as scheduled recordings and even apparently media centers memory disappeared as media center no longer knew what folders to look in for my recorded shows... fortunately a quick restore point fixed that issue. Gonna re-install again and hope it doesn't trip anything in the process lol

makryger

Post by makryger » Fri May 31, 2013 10:40 am

werds wrote:Well, I like that I can modify how many hours the guide shows and easily added more rows... unfortunately for me when I applied the changes everything went POOF! All my guide data dissapeared as well as scheduled recordings and even apparently media centers memory disappeared as media center no longer knew what folders to look in for my recorded shows... fortunately a quick restore point fixed that issue. Gonna re-install again and hope it doesn't trip anything in the process lol
That's s function that should never really occur with mcl, based on how the program makes changes... not sure what could be going on. Is mcl the only thing you installed?
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

werds

Post by werds » Fri May 31, 2013 11:01 am

Yes, MCL was the only thing, it occurred just after I had completed auto populate, had setup guide rows and etc. Then the last thing I was doing was looking at logos and went to change out the Disney logo. Switched it with the black and white one hit apply changes then the Show changes in WMC button un-greyed, click that, there was a brief pause, WMC opened up then instantly crashed. So I manually opened WMC and it warned me that it needed to re-download guide data and that I needed to set up TV service again. It was literally as if I was in WMC for the first time again.

After the restore point and re-install all went well though, I changed logos on various channels and nothing else occurred. I think it may have been a 1 in a million occurrence though, as the only other programs running at the time were skype in the background, MSE, Media Browser server, and as always WMC 's guide update appeared to be running in the systray.

In most instances I wouldn't have even posted about this occurrence after getting everything back by using a restore point - but figured that in case there is someone on the internets this occurs to, maybe they won't panic and see the easy step is to do as I did :)

scyto

Post by scyto » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:21 am

makryger wrote:
bobbob wrote:just installed the xl version, previously i was using 2.3 combined with mce reset toolbox. the only thing i missed was being able to reduce the column with the channel name.

since installing xl i can change the width of the column fine and reloaded all the logos but it doesnt seem to be able to change anything to do with row numbers or enable the 3 hour view. i presume this is because i previously set this with mce toolbox and i note you say other dll editing programs may cause weirdness but i need to use mce toolbox as a mce studio replacement. i'm happy because i got what i wanted but i'm curious to see the three hour view in use. is there anything you can suggest short of uninstalling mce toolbox?
If you email me through Contact Us, I can give you some suggestions for troubleshooting.
I have same issue, will PM you. BTW uninstalling MCE reset tool box does not fix

scyto

Post by scyto » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:24 pm

TMan459 wrote: I'll now add that after a reformat, and using MCL XL first, then using MCE Reset Toolbox, everything is playing well together. I have a 10 row/3 hour guide, and it's wonderful!

Figured I'd pass this along.
does anyone know what DLLs and other files are modified? rather than format I could fetch unmodified original files from a clean reference install.

makryger

Post by makryger » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:02 pm

Sent you a PM with a tool to completely reset some things and files.

NizZ8

Post by NizZ8 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:53 am

Congrats Makryger! Awesome stuff as always, you got my donation! No desire to ask for a free upgrade, all the best!

lovemyram4x4

Post by lovemyram4x4 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:26 am

makryger wrote:Sent you a PM with a tool to completely reset some things and files.
I could use this as well. I've also sent an email about the issue, so you can just send the tool in a reply.

makryger

Post by makryger » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:55 am

I'll answer your email once I'm home from work this evening... no outside access where I am :???:

poissony

Post by poissony » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:07 am

Do you have an ETA for the UK XL logos?

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:30 am

Ditto. Money ready and waiting for UK XL logos.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

ScAtMaN

Post by ScAtMaN » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:31 am

^Ditto x2 :-)

makryger

Post by makryger » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:42 am

I'm working on it! Should have a set of the freeview big logos ready in the next few weeks.

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:54 am

makryger wrote:I'm working on it! Should have a set of the freeview big logos ready in the next few weeks.
Great news. Including some of the newer channels e.g. BBC2 HD, 4seven, Movie Mix? I think there was about 8 that I had to make myself for MCL v2.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

OneAn9ryN00b

Post by OneAn9ryN00b » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:17 am

Bug, or Supposed to be like this?

Every time I manually add a logo from the Big logo folder, it re-sizes the logo to a smaller one, and puts it in the custom folder.....Is it supposed to shrink it down?

Its barely noticeable on the guide, but if you're doing a side-by-side comparison, the small text is slightly blurred.