My Channel Logos XL

makryger

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by makryger » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:05 pm

Thanks for trying some troubleshooting, holidayboy. I'd recommend trying to redownload the zip. It might have gotten corrupted somehow while downloading, as this shouldn't be happening.
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

lurch66

Post by lurch66 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:33 am

I have gone through my entire ch lineup "Cox Communications Phoenix" and downloaded and using paint.net modified logos for all missing channels. If I upload these using the share feature in my ch logos will it make it to the end user? I would like to see others have a nice guide without any missing logos.

lurch66

Post by lurch66 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:57 am

Looks like a lot of logos are not populating with the guide changeover fro zap2it to rovi. http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... f=9&t=8903
Just wondering if my ch logos will update there data base to reflect the changes in ch names?

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:53 pm

I think you can do this yourself by going to the last tab in MCL and submitting your files, after you assign the correct logos manually of course.

makryger

Post by makryger » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:20 pm

I'll take a look at what the callsigns are in my guide, and if people can send me their data, I'll confirm with that too. I'll need to add their new callsigns manually. It might take some time, but I'll work on it.
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

docluv01

Post by docluv01 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:00 pm

WIth this whole MS mess, I went into the logo directory, and I see that most of my logos are there, just under different call signs.

If I were to rename the logo, would it autopopulate?

For example, my new call sign is DESTH, but the logo name is dest_b.jpg.

Can I simply rename it? Or would I have to manually select the logo file.

I say this because about 90% of my logo issues are due to the Rovi call signs. I can mass rename the old logos to the new signs, but wanted to autopopulate.

Thanks in advance!

chrisdfw

Post by chrisdfw » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:59 pm

I know fixing the Rovi mess is going to be allot of work for you. Can we help out by uploading files here or sharing?

docluv01

Post by docluv01 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:33 pm

FYI, I was able to edit the db file using sqllite browser. You have 99% of the logos there already. However, the Rovi callsigns are different. I simply added additional lines to the db file for each of the rovi callgins that you had entries for..

Let me know if you would like me to post the db....

brianlich

Post by brianlich » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:27 pm

docluv01 wrote:FYI, I was able to edit the db file using sqllite browser. You have 99% of the logos there already. However, the Rovi callsigns are different. I simply added additional lines to the db file for each of the rovi callgins that you had entries for..

Directly updating the database might cause problems down the road when the MCL website is updated with the new callsigns (and the auto-update task runs to update the database). Instead of doing that, you can do one of the following to get autopopulate to work with callsigns that aren't in the database yet:

For color logos, save the logo in the C:\ProgramData\MyChannelLogos\Logos\Color folder with a filename of callsign_c.png. The "_c" means that it's a color logo. For example, if Discovery channel's callsign was DISC, the file would be named "disc_c.png".

For white logos, save the logo in the C:\ProgramData\MyChannelLogos\Logos\BW folder with a filename of callsign.png. No "_c" on the end of the callsign here. So for the Discovery example, the file would be named "disc.png".

Hope this helps.

docluv01

Post by docluv01 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:12 pm

Thanks...I did try this initially, but it didn't work, unless I updated the db also.

I know its a backwards work around. When the official db gets updated, I'll just refresh the app from scratch

brianlich wrote:
docluv01 wrote:FYI, I was able to edit the db file using sqllite browser. You have 99% of the logos there already. However, the Rovi callsigns are different. I simply added additional lines to the db file for each of the rovi callgins that you had entries for..

Directly updating the database might cause problems down the road when the MCL website is updated with the new callsigns (and the auto-update task runs to update the database). Instead of doing that, you can do one of the following to get autopopulate to work with callsigns that aren't in the database yet:

For color logos, save the logo in the C:\ProgramData\MyChannelLogos\Logos\Color folder with a filename of callsign_c.png. The "_c" means that it's a color logo. For example, if Discovery channel's callsign was DISC, the file would be named "disc_c.png".

For white logos, save the logo in the C:\ProgramData\MyChannelLogos\Logos\BW folder with a filename of callsign.png. No "_c" on the end of the callsign here. So for the Discovery example, the file would be named "disc.png".

Hope this helps.

AZweimiller

Post by AZweimiller » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:17 pm

This isn't how the app works. It has specific channel names mapped to file names in a SQL Lite database. I performed the same procedure as docluv01 a few days ago with great success. You are right about a potential update overwriting my changes so I have disabled automatic updates for the time being. I used the SQL Lite editor extension for Firefox and found an existing row for each channel that was missing a logo. I then used the duplicate function to add a new row with the same information and edited teh callsign to match my new guide listings. I could have edited one of the existing rows for a given channel but I did not want to mess up any of the original mappings. I was only missing a dozen or so so this did not take very long.

brianlich wrote:

Hope this helps.

brianlich

Post by brianlich » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:36 pm

If there isn't a DB record with a matching callsign, it's supposed to look for a matching file name in either the color (first) or BW (second) folder as a fallback.
AZweimiller wrote:This isn't how the app works. It has specific channel names mapped to file names in a SQL Lite database. I performed the same procedure as docluv01 a few days ago with great success. You are right about a potential update overwriting my changes so I have disabled automatic updates for the time being. I used the SQL Lite editor extension for Firefox and found an existing row for each channel that was missing a logo. I then used the duplicate function to add a new row with the same information and edited teh callsign to match my new guide listings. I could have edited one of the existing rows for a given channel but I did not want to mess up any of the original mappings. I was only missing a dozen or so so this did not take very long.

brianlich wrote:

Hope this helps.

docluv01

Post by docluv01 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:02 pm

Thanks for agreeing :)

You could have added a new record and put in teh file names also. Just the blank fields cant be null, but still be empty. small thing I found.

Thanks

AZweimiller wrote:This isn't how the app works. It has specific channel names mapped to file names in a SQL Lite database. I performed the same procedure as docluv01 a few days ago with great success. You are right about a potential update overwriting my changes so I have disabled automatic updates for the time being. I used the SQL Lite editor extension for Firefox and found an existing row for each channel that was missing a logo. I then used the duplicate function to add a new row with the same information and edited teh callsign to match my new guide listings. I could have edited one of the existing rows for a given channel but I did not want to mess up any of the original mappings. I was only missing a dozen or so so this did not take very long.

brianlich wrote:

Hope this helps.

lurch66

Post by lurch66 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:03 pm

lurch66 wrote:Looks like a lot of logos are not populating with the guide changeover fro zap2it to rovi. http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... f=9&t=8903
Just wondering if my ch logos will update there data base to reflect the changes in ch names?

I have sent you an email with "custom" logos that I added within mcl. all but one local ch has a logo and should be corect. I did need to change several ch listings to the sd feed to get the correct time zone (Discovery, Tlc... I hope the logs help. Another thing I noticed are all the music choice ch in cox phoenix az are not showing up in mcl. when it was zap2it they where all there. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled mcl as well as a clean install of windows and no luck. perhaps you can shed some light on this? makryger thanks again for all your help!!!!

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:10 am

makryger,

Here is a good one for you. Many times somebody comes up with a good idea such as.....MCL XL... it seems that MS first of all prevents it from working, then a while later they come up with their own version of the same thing.

I suppose you should feel complimented, but it appears you are in the process of getting "ripped off".

Any ideas on: What's really going on?

makryger

Post by makryger » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:50 pm

I'm not sure specifically what you're referring to crash2009... I wouldn't call this whole "Rovi" thing me getting ripped off... I still don't think they add their own channel logos in, although they could in the future. If MS with this new agreement with Rovi enables them to use logos too, then they are entitled to.

I can tell you that the ability to have logos in the guide is not a novel concept. In fact, MS originally built that function into Windows 7, but got lazy and decided not to actually get legal approval to use the logos in it. That's where MCL originally filled the void- we reverse-engineered the guide and figured out how to add our own logos, and then added them. At the time, I thought "it's only a matter of time until MCL or WMC itself becomes no longer necessary". Over 6 years after I began this, I have found that that is still not the case...

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:13 am

I guess that was a poor choice of words on my part. Thanks for your input on all this.

TheOsburnFamil

Post by TheOsburnFamil » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:41 pm

How we looking for an official fix? Was offline for a week for work and come back to a pretty rough looking media center!
Matt O. ...tivo what? ...dish dvr--uh... huh? ...cable dvr fees--you're kidding, right?

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:20 pm

TheOsburnFamil wrote:How we looking for an official fix? Was offline for a week for work and come back to a pretty rough looking media center!
I can relate to that. I was on vacation when all this blew up like the 4th of July. (pun intended) I knew something was wrong, when I couldn't stream my channels to the beach. I didn't bother to open it up with Remote Desktop. I got home to an empty guide. Seems to have fixed itself after clicking "Update Guide". I don't think the Rovi wave has hit Detroit yet. All I noticed was a little ripple.

STC

Post by STC » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:28 pm

Even with Rovi and new channel callsigns, I have the same logos populating the same channels. Nothing appears to have borked this end.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123