Recipes for Windows Media Center

CogZog

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by CogZog » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:01 am

Ok, apologies for the delay in getting back to you but I was out most of the day.

The log file points to a MySQL error? I seem to recall this happened to the original release? I will have a traipse through he forum to see if I can find it. Anyway, the log output is as follows:

Log Name: Media Center
Source: ehExtHost
Date: 10/11/2011 14:17:05
Event ID: 0
Task Category: None
Level: Information
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Cog-HTPC
Description:
Exception System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot open '|DataDirectory|\TalfourdJones\MyRecipes\Data\Recipes.sdf'. Provider 'System.Data.SqlServerCe.3.5' not installed.

Server stack trace:
at System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.System.Data.Linq.Provider.IProvider.Initialize(IDataServices dataServices, Object connection)
at System.Data.Linq.DataContext.Init(Object connection, MappingSource mapping)
at MyRecipes.Data.Recipes..ctor(String connection)
at MyRecipes.RecipeData..ctor()
at MyRecipes.Application..ctor(HistoryOrientedPageSession session, AddInHost host)
at MyRecipes.RLAddIn.Launch(AddInHost host)
at MediaCenter.Extensibility.AddInEntryPointWrapper.Launch(AddInHost host)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.Message.Dispatch(Object target, Boolean fExecuteInContext)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [1]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at MediaCenter.Extensibility.ExtensibilityPlugInEntryPointInfo.ExtensibilityPlugInLaunchInfo.AddInModalLauncher.AddInLaunchDelegate.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result)
at MediaCenter.Extensibility.ExtensibilityPlugInEntryPointInfo.ExtensibilityPlugInLaunchInfo.AddInModalLauncher.LaunchComplete(IAsyncResult result)

Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="ehExtHost" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>
<Level>4</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-11-10T14:17:05.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>76</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Media Center</Channel>
<Computer>Cog-HTPC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>Exception System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot open '|DataDirectory|\TalfourdJones\MyRecipes\Data\Recipes.sdf'. Provider 'System.Data.SqlServerCe.3.5' not installed.

Server stack trace:
at System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.System.Data.Linq.Provider.IProvider.Initialize(IDataServices dataServices, Object connection)
at MyRecipes.Application..ctor(HistoryOrientedPageSession session, AddInHost host)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.Message.Dispatch(Object target, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)

at MediaCenter.Extensibility.ExtensibilityPlugInEntryPointInfo.ExtensibilityPlugInLaunchInfo.AddInModalLauncher.AddInLaunchDelegate.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result)
at MediaCenter.Extensibility.ExtensibilityPlugInEntryPointInfo.ExtensibilityPlugInLaunchInfo.AddInModalLauncher.LaunchComplete(IAsyncResult result)

</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

If you need any other info, just let me know.

Regards,
Cog.
Some times I wake up sleepy, other times I let her sleep!

CogZog

Post by CogZog » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:04 am

I found it on page 3 of this topic!
Mogulbasher wrote:ok new version fixes the problems people were having. The problem was that SqlServer Compact Edition was not being installed. I have now added the dll needed to do this to the installer. Also a couple of other fixes

Andrew
Is this the same error?

Mogulbasher

Post by Mogulbasher » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:28 am

Yeah the problem is it does not think you have sqlce installed. I can fix this bear with me

CogZog

Post by CogZog » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:38 am

Mogulbasher wrote:Yeah the problem is it does not think you have sqlce installed. I can fix this bear with me
Nice one.

Doddsie

Post by Doddsie » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:20 am

MB

my event log

Date: 09/11/2011 18:35:26
Computer: Andrew-PC
Description:
Exception System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot open '|DataDirectory|\TalfourdJones\MyRecipes\Data\Recipes.sdf'. Provider 'System.Data.SqlServerCe.3.5' not installed.

Server stack trace:

Event Xml:
<System>
<Level>4</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-11-09T18:35:26.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>104</EventRecordID>
<Computer>Andrew-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>Exception System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot open '|DataDirectory|\TalfourdJones\MyRecipes\Data\Recipes.sdf'. Provider 'System.Data.SqlServerCe.3.5' not installed.

Server stack trace:

</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Doddsie

Mogulbasher

Post by Mogulbasher » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:33 pm

ok, I really dont understand, all the stuff I put into the old file to ensure the install of Sql Compact is still there. I have tried one more thing and also included an install for Microsoft SQL SVR CE in the zip

Instructions

1) Install MyRecipessetup.exe
2) Install MyRecipesMediaCenterAddIn.msi
3) If all else fails try installing the CE MSI

Let me know if any of this works...

CogZog

Post by CogZog » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:22 pm

Well, this is weird as I thought it would work now butt to no avail. The error log is as follows:

Date: 11/11/2011 15:19:06
Description:

Server stack trace:

Event Xml:
<System>
<Level>4</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-11-11T15:19:06.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>83</EventRecordID>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>

Server stack trace:

</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Bizarre!

Mogulbasher

Post by Mogulbasher » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:50 am

Are you running 32 or 64 bit? What's wierd is you had it running before. Can you give me a list of the files it installed in the c\program files(x86)\talfourdjones\my recipes folder

CogZog

Post by CogZog » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:36 am

I'm running 64bit and this is a fresh install. I should've mentioned that, sorry!

Regards,
Cog.

Mogulbasher

Post by Mogulbasher » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:38 pm

OK, Here is a link to Microsoft SqlServer CE 3.5 SP1 It has both the 32bit and 64bit versions. you have to install 32bit first then 64bit. I am wondering if since you have 64bit I think Media Center runs in 64bit mode so you will need the 64bit version which would explain why the WPF app which I compiled in X86 mode works and the Media Center App does not.
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... en&id=5821
Let me know if that fixes it and I will try to figure out how to include the thing in the installer.

Andrew

CogZog

Post by CogZog » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:08 pm

Mogulbasher wrote:OK, Here is a link to Microsoft SqlServer CE 3.5 SP1 It has both the 32bit and 64bit versions. you have to install 32bit first then 64bit. I am wondering if since you have 64bit I think Media Center runs in 64bit mode so you will need the 64bit version which would explain why the WPF app which I compiled in X86 mode works and the Media Center App does not.
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... en&id=5821
Let me know if that fixes it and I will try to figure out how to include the thing in the installer.

Andrew
That fixed it!

All is working now and it looks really good. All you gotta do now is figure out how to get the 32 bit and 64 bit into the app installer, so good luck with that!

Regards,
Cog.

Mogulbasher

Post by Mogulbasher » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:00 am

Great. Glad you like the app. I will try and figure it out but at least there is a workable solution. I really want to create an iPad version that connects to the server to drive more recipe content for everyone

Let me know if you want more functionality

Doddsie

Post by Doddsie » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:58 pm

followed thread....now working (huurah) no video downloads

Doddsie

Mogulbasher

Post by Mogulbasher » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:44 pm

Download them from the Central server.... A

Mogulbasher

Post by Mogulbasher » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:16 pm

Ok,

I think I have it? I have uploaded a new zip same name that tests whether they are installed and if not requires them. We will see if it works... A

CogZog

Post by CogZog » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:29 am

Hi,

Video uploads is not working still and hasn't since day dot? I get a crash at the point of "Upload Recipe" with an error as follows:

WpfRecipes has stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: wpfrecipes.exe
Problem Signature 02: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4ebd107c
Problem Signature 04: WpfRecipes
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4ebd107c
Problem Signature 07: 5a4
Problem Signature 08: 65
Problem Signature 09: System.NullReferenceException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

The are 2 error logs are as follows: The first is a .NET Runtime error,

Log Name: Application
Source: .NET Runtime
Date: 16/11/2011 00:03:12
Event ID: 1026
Level: Error
Description:
Application: WpfRecipes.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException
Stack:
at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32, Int32, Boolean)
at WpfRecipes.ViewModel.MainWindowViewModel..ctor()
at WpfRecipes.App.OnStartup(System.Windows.StartupEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(System.Object)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode, CleanupCode, System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
at WpfRecipes.App.Main()

Event Xml:
<System>
<Provider Name=".NET Runtime" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1026</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-11-16T00:03:12.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>2120</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>Application: WpfRecipes.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException
Stack:
at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32, Int32, Boolean)
at WpfRecipes.ViewModel.MainWindowViewModel..ctor()
at WpfRecipes.App.OnStartup(System.Windows.StartupEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(System.Object)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode, CleanupCode, System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
at WpfRecipes.App.Main()
</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

The second is a Application error log:

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 16/11/2011 00:03:12
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Description:
Faulting application name: WpfRecipes.exe, version: 2.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4ebd107c
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17651, time stamp: 0x4e211319
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000b9bc
Faulting process id: 0xfd0
Faulting application start time: 0x01cca3f2ff2391f7
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\TalfourdJones\MyRecipes\WpfRecipes.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 5f9c7590-0fe6-11e1-895a-0015830b13c0
Event Xml:
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-11-16T00:03:12.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>2121</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>WpfRecipes.exe</Data>
<Data>2.0.0.0</Data>
<Data>4ebd107c</Data>
<Data>KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
<Data>6.1.7601.17651</Data>
<Data>4e211319</Data>
<Data>e0434352</Data>
<Data>0000b9bc</Data>
<Data>fd0</Data>
<Data>01cca3f2ff2391f7</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\TalfourdJones\MyRecipes\WpfRecipes.exe</Data>
<Data>C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
<Data>5f9c7590-0fe6-11e1-895a-0015830b13c0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

I hope that helps?

P.S. The video was 60MB so fairly small as a test upload. I successfully added the Chef and a thumbnail and managed to save these details with no error.

Regards,
Cog.

Mogulbasher

Post by Mogulbasher » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:36 pm

hehe... Not really.. I just went to mine and added a new video and uploaded it without problem. So now we have to figure out why it works so well on mine and does not work on yours.

Can you give me the name of the video and the name of the image and the codec of the video.. Thanks

Mogulbasher

Post by Mogulbasher » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:42 pm

I think I know what it might be. Can you tell me what the description of the video is. My guess is you left it blank. If so it will crash when parsing the string to remove characters that do not transfer over JSON web services. I have changed the app to avoid this error happening (it just aborts the upload and tells you to enter a description) but I will not release until I have confirmed this is the cause of the error.

Andrew

CogZog

Post by CogZog » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:16 am

Hi,

Apologies for the delay in responding (again!) but it's been hectic in the real world :x

OK, you might be on something with not adding a description? I am going to try adding it again now and then I will get back to you hopefully with good news!

Regards,
Cog.

EDIT: Nope, not working! It seemed more promising as it was working away in the background, as I thought uploading the video. Then after about a minute it crashed with the following info:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: wpfrecipes.exe
Problem Signature 02: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4ebd107c
Problem Signature 04: System
Problem Signature 05: 4.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4db92edb
Problem Signature 07: 2564
Problem Signature 08: 0
Problem Signature 09: System.InvalidCastException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I was uploading a YouTube video that I had converted to .wmv file size approx 19 MB. I hope that helps?

CogZog

Post by CogZog » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:04 am

Update:

Something isn't right? I restarted the app and went into Downloads/Videos and my uploaded video was showing in the list, but it isn't in programdata/talfordjones/myrecipes/data/videos folder. So I clicked to download it but the app then told me it was already in my video list! I went to the watch video tab and it is not there. There are also 3 videos that are showing as 0 MB? I think I need to clear my database and start it again?

Update 2:

OK, I think I am getting somewhere. I deleted all the videos and then started again. Something must've caused a bug because I have now successfully uploaded a video, or I think I have. Actually, there is now 2 videos I have managed to upload as far as I can see, Imqaret 2 and Dublin Coddle. Imqaret is pretty low quality, but it was a test run which worked so I then tried the Dublin Coddle which also worked.

I then tried downloading the included videos again and the first three downloads in the list are all 0 MB still? Are these dummies? I seem to recall you gave a link to download these directly but I can't find it now?

Regarding the download videos, a checkbox next to each video you wish to download so that you can then download in bulk would be helpful, rather than downloading one at a time!

Update 3:

OK, what a plonker! I was too impatient it seems as the videos were still actually downloading in the background even though the progress bar was finished? Videos are now showing correctly :oops: