SkypeMCEAnswer.0.4.2

qfreddie

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by qfreddie » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:49 am

Hey, me again.

After some tries and digging, i came to the conclusion, that it's not explorer.exe dependant.

The problem is something else: SkypeMCEAnswer cannot be started with TaskScheduler or a batch process as it immediately closes. Opened Task Manager and followed the process when run the program from a .bat file and happens every time. I even added delays or changed orders of how i open programs, but all is the same.

Any ideea? It needs priviledges or what si the diff. of running a program with a batch or double click?

Thanks!

joecrow

Post by joecrow » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:35 pm

qfreddie wrote:
Any ideea? It needs priviledges or what si the diff. of running a program with a batch or double click?

Thanks!
No idea here either but I can confirm I am seeing the same problem. :think: I have a std. Win7 HTPC with MCE starting automatically on startup/resume from sleep. I am fairly sure it used to work with SkypeMCEAnswer.exe in the startup folder but at some point it stopped working and like you I was not able to get to run from taskscheduler etc. either! It does survive sleep and resume from sleep, which I mostly use to control it but after a sceduled once per week reboot I have to manually start it.
Question are you using MS Security Essentials? I have a feeling the problem might have started when I switched to it from Semantec. If yes please let me know and I will test it out on my desktop which does not use MSSE, may take a little while though.

joecrow

Post by joecrow » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:01 am

qfreddie wrote:

Thanks!

OK it does not seem to be the virus scanner or firewall but fter much playing around with this, here is what works:-

Set up a sceduled task, in the Action section start the program SkypeMCEAnswer.exe (not a batch file to run it!) from wherever you unzipped the package to, then additionally add the same path to the "Start in (optional):" box. You must also NOT set the task to run with highest privs. uncheck the box if ticked. (Skype will not accept the program if run as admin.), optional in the Trigger section delay the start (1 minute worked OK for me, gives Skype a chance to start up).

I think it needs access to the image folder which does not work if the .exe is run from any other location, although I never got it to work from Startup in the Sart Menu even after adding the image folder!

Please let me know if this works for you.

joecrow

Post by joecrow » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:40 am

It looks like Skype version 7.0.8 breaks MCE answer. Following an upgrade from 7* I still get the popup in MCE and can respond to the call but when I hit 3 on the mini menu it closes the call but does not return to MCE, which actually seems to have closed! :cry:
Skype 8 seems to have accepted the app. NXSFAN any chance of a code fix/update?

rberkenpas

Post by rberkenpas » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:15 am

Hey, Is there any news in regards to this util? Or is there another option available?