Windows Media Center MPC Plug-in for Blu-ray's

Re: Windows Media Center MPC Plug-in for Blu-ray's

Post#41 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:11 am

jachin99 wrote:I'm wondering if anyone still uses this or if it works with newer versions of MPC? Thanks.

Plugin still works. MPC-HC registry path has changed, so you have to edit the .reg file paths if you use those.
Joni

HTPC Specs: Show details
5+ YrsTGB Veteran

Post#42 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:32 am

This was just something i quickly made back in the day to get automatic refresh rate switching for Blu-rays. It would need some work to make installation better, like detecting MPC-HC/MPC-BE path and so on, but it works so I haven't bothered.

If anyone is using this, install LAV Filters and MadVR for MPC-HC. Add 1080p24 into MadVR resolution settings and check switch when playback starts and ends. Also configure LAV video DXVA settings and formats on Audio settings. Maybe also preferred subtitle and audio settings on LAV splitter. You won't newer have to use mouse to interact with MPC-HC, playback starts on 24p with your preferred audio/subtitle settings, play/pause/skip/stop works on remote and when you press stop on remote you'll get back into MCE UI with 60p.
Joni

5+ YrsTGB Veteran

Post#43 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:22 pm

Thanks for stopping by and giving us an update!! :thumbup:
jachin99

Post#44 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:40 pm

Thanks to you and anyone here keeping WMC alive :) I have 22Tb of TV-recordings, ripped Blu-rays, DVD's and CD's on my Media Center, don't know what I would do without WMC.
Joni

5+ YrsTGB Veteran

Post#45 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:54 pm

DavidinCT wrote:
jachin99 wrote:I'm wondering if anyone still uses this or if it works with newer versions of MPC? Thanks.

If with AnyDVD, I could drop in a bluray and it could play, I would be interested...

Doesn't it work? Blu-ray discs on drives show on the Movie Library, just play and AnyDVD decrypts it on the background.
Joni

5+ YrsTGB Veteran

Post#46 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:28 am

Damn, wish I had known about this back when I was still using WMC, I ended up paying for "My Movies" points to get the external player function and use MPC-HC. :roll: I am a big fan of MPC-HC and use it still with Media Portal, great PQ with Madvr and it will play Bluray 3D (frame packed) with external Lav Filters and their 3D plugin (Win 8.1 or 10 required I believe).
joecrow

5+ YrsTGB Veteran

Previous

Return to WMC Add-ins and 3rd Party Apps