Amazon On-Demand Video Addin for Media Center

DavidinCT

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by DavidinCT » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:22 pm

jachin99 wrote:I haven't tried this but if your able to use a mouse then this other amazon plugin might work. https://sharepointadept.com/amazonmceaddin/
If I can get tubecore to activate, and your willing to install playon on your machine, then you could have netflix, amazon, hbogo, and about thirty others all in one plugin

EDIT It looks like the amazon plugin linked above is just a later version of the amazon plugin for this thread. The developer says on his site that he is stepping away from WMC, and will consider handing this, and the Netflix plugin over to someone else. For me, tubecore is still the best bet for amazon/Netflix.
Interesting, it claims it was updated just 3-4 months ago. I'll install it and give it a shot...

Been using my TV but, would prefer to keep it all in one box as long as I can access HD and even 5.1 audio if possible...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:58 pm

jachin99 wrote:I haven't tried this but if your able to use a mouse then this other amazon plugin might work. https://sharepointadept.com/amazonmceaddin/
If I can get tubecore to activate, and your willing to install playon on your machine, then you could have netflix, amazon, hbogo, and about thirty others all in one plugin

EDIT It looks like the amazon plugin linked above is just a later version of the amazon plugin for this thread. The developer says on his site that he is stepping away from WMC, and will consider handing this, and the Netflix plugin over to someone else. For me, tubecore is still the best bet for amazon/Netflix.
So I tried it... And it sort of works. You need to log into IE to amazon... Then open the app on WMC and it shows you all the shows, Not a bad interface. When you run a show, it runs in the background in IE, needing to close WMC and view the show, needing a mouse to expand full screen in IE...

So, although it could be fixed if the dev wanted to but, it appears he no longer is planning on working on it... so sigh, the quest gos on..

Edit: I posted on the above website, the dev seems to be replying to people, I posted my results to see if maybe I need something configured different or something... crossing fingers..
jachin99 wrote: If I can get tubecore to activate, and your willing to install playon on your machine, then you could have netflix, amazon, hbogo, and about thirty others all in one plugin
Is there a known work around for this ? or does someone need to....sigh... Crack it so it works if the dev no longer plans to work on the product.
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:54 pm

Anyone got another plugin for Amazon prime ? The DEV of that program gave up on it. I tried for weeks to get it work, Removed security updates that broke a lot of things...sigh... I still could not get it to show video, After staring his app, I could view content, once I hit play, WMC would completely freeze up 5-7 seconds and just stay where it was, never showing video at any time.

Here is the reply from the dev...claiming he gave up on it because Amazon changed things around...
marcrdavis wrote: Hi David, I got your msg and ran the latest version through my DEV system – I am also getting a playback error. It seems Amazon has changed or disabled support for the silverlight player. At this time I don’t have a fix for this; I am no longer actively developing this addin as I have moved my own home media away from Windows Media Center. If this changes I will post an update on my blog.
Sigh... anyone know the direct URL that they use on TV's ?
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:28 am

Tubecore and playon do a decent job with amazon also

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:00 pm

jachin99 wrote:Tubecore and playon do a decent job with amazon also
You get Tubecore to activate ?
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:30 pm

I never got it to activate but I can't tell which features I'm missing out on anyway. The activation countdown just reads the system clock so if you want to preview it, then fire it up in a VM, and fast forward your clock about two weeks. You will have to try it and see if you like it.

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:34 pm

Tubecore is basically a DLNA player for Windows Media Center. There are plenty of programs that can import content and create DLNA servers from that content. I have Playon, and TVersity servers set up but I have also seen quite a few light weight, free programs that can basically accomplish the same thing. If there is some other program that can create a DLNA feed from Amazon prime video feeds then tubecore will probably read those also. I don't really see tubecore breaking any time soon because of how it works.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:06 pm

jachin99 wrote:I never got it to activate but I can't tell which features I'm missing out on anyway. The activation countdown just reads the system clock so if you want to preview it, then fire it up in a VM, and fast forward your clock about two weeks. You will have to try it and see if you like it.
I loaded it on my test VM (resets on reboot), I open Tubecore and it does nothing accept for "Waiting for Media Servers" I see the 14 day trial on the top but, nothing else, no content, or nothing to select. If I click anything on top, like shortcuts or other buttons, there is nothing there...

So, I'm someone who has never used this app... In a nut shell, what do I need to do to see Amazon prime videos ?
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:49 pm

Because tubecore just enables playback of dlna sources in WMC you will need to use some kind of software to convert amazon prime video feeds to a dlna video source on your local machine (or a server on your local network). This is where I use playon. Playon converts most streaming sources into dlna feeds on your local machine. I have a subscription to playon but I'm not sure that it is needed

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:14 am

jachin99 wrote:Because tubecore just enables playback of dlna sources in WMC you will need to use some kind of software to convert amazon prime video feeds to a dlna video source on your local machine (or a server on your local network). This is where I use playon. Playon converts most streaming sources into dlna feeds on your local machine. I have a subscription to playon but I'm not sure that it is needed
Oh, does not sound like what I need or what I was looking for. Oh, well the quest is on.... Thanks anyway.
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:31 am

I know most people don't want to add extra software but adding a dlna reader on wmc has the potential to add a TON of content. With tubecore and playon I get Vudu, Netflix, Amazon, most cable networks that offer an app plus anything else you can turn into dlna. If you look at it from the perspective of adding content then it might be worth it.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:39 am

jachin99 wrote:I know most people don't want to add extra software but adding a dlna reader on WMC has the potential to add a TON of content. With tubecore and playon I get Vudu, Netflix, Amazon, most cable networks that offer an app plus anything else you can turn into dlna. If you look at it from the perspective of adding content then it might be worth it.
I'm looking for something like this app here... I want to play Amazon shows...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:56 am

I think a standalone WMC amazon plugin died with this plugin. Your only other hope that I know about is with that project for modern WMC development.

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:42 pm

David, does your TV have an amazon video app? If so there might be a way to use your MCE remote to navigate the TV's app but you would have to be willing to install EventGhost. I have this, and the MCE Power button turns off my TV but doesn't put my computer to sleep. The MCE remote's volume buttons also change the volume on the TV, and it can change inputs as well.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:32 pm

jachin99 wrote:David, does your TV have an amazon video app? If so there might be a way to use your MCE remote to navigate the TV's app but you would have to be willing to install EventGhost. I have this, and the MCE Power button turns off my TV but doesn't put my computer to sleep. The MCE remote's volume buttons also change the volume on the TV, and it can change inputs as well.
Yea, my TV has a Amazon plugin. I use it a little time to time but, I wanted to have it inside Media Center. I think I would use it a lot more.

The TV must be going to a url, if we can lock down the URL (maybe Wireshark the line to the TV ?) and then figure out what it needs from a browser to be able to play back.

I can always Macro things out with my remote but, I wanted to have it all in one spot, needing to go to a different device to for each thing I want to watch.

Isn't this the point of a Home Theater PC ?
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:34 pm

You can accomplish having most of what you want using only one remote control but since your using the TV the interfaces will be different. You might also be able to try the xbox one extender setup where you use your PC as cable source but I'm not sure you would be satisfied with that result either. If you could be successful with Wireshark and URLs that would be nice also. Let me know how it goes if your successful.

tonywagner

Post by tonywagner » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:53 pm

I've actually been using the following Amazon VOD addon for Kodi, and I have customized Kodi that it is pretty well integrated with WMC and my same remote -- I will try to share my customization instructions on this forum soon.

https://github.com/Sandmann79/xbmc

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:33 pm

tonywagner wrote:I've actually been using the following Amazon VOD addon for Kodi, and I have customized Kodi that it is pretty well integrated with WMC and my same remote -- I will try to share my customization instructions on this forum soon.

https://github.com/Sandmann79/xbmc
Cool... looking forward to it...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:09 am

Is there any other options to watch Amazon prime on Windows MEdia Center that actually works ?

The app that was discussed here is officially dead. The dev moved from WMC and even the URL re-directs to an ad now... This was after Amazon did a change.

Can someone get a interface in a browser that can be run with ReLaunch or something ?
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:19 am

The WMC10 Community Project does promise streaming apps, so hopefully it is something they will get to.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1