Recorded TV HD Addin

DigitechMediaTV

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by DigitechMediaTV » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:27 am

I've disabled the ShowAnalyzer feature. I use the Comskip donator version. I've found it better at commercial detection. Comskip continues to mature whereas SA appears to gone a long time without updates.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:26 pm

NizZ8 wrote:
DigitechMediaTV wrote:Agree 100%. I install it and also is used exclusively for viewing/managing recordings and movies on every box I sell w/ both default and movies strips are hidden. Love it.
DT, you have any luck setting up the commercial skip feature w/ ShowAnalyzer & DVRMSToolbox? I just started looking at this feature again and haven't had any luck getting it working. Followed the guide from Hack7mc - http://www.hack7mc.com/2009/08/setup-dv ... pping.html
You followed the wrong guide. The newer one works:
http://thedigitalmediazone.com/2010/11/ ... ia-center/

And, here's how to tweak it:
http://hd.engadget.com/2010/08/02/how-t ... ection-ac/

There's no need for further development on showAnalyzer... it just works.

mistarick

Post by mistarick » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:56 pm

Will recorded tvhd work for my movie library metadata as well? I love the look and what it does for recorded TV but can I set it up instead of media center master for metadata for my movie library? Sorry if I have missed this. From what I understand, it works with recorded movies and that is all the info I have found. Thanks in advance!

choliscott

Post by choliscott » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:22 am

Based on what I have found in regards to movies. RTVHD uses "TheMovieDB" to bring back information. If the file is in a .WMV format, it will use the meta data on the file itself to bring back the data. If the movie is in another format (.mp4, .mkv, etc), it will do a name match.

I've tried converting a .mp4 to a .wmv file & it wouldn't match on the file name, until I populated the title data on the properties of the WMV file
mistarick wrote:Will recorded tvhd work for my movie library metadata as well? I love the look and what it does for recorded TV but can I set it up instead of media center master for metadata for my movie library? Sorry if I have missed this. From what I understand, it works with recorded movies and that is all the info I have found. Thanks in advance!

mistarick

Post by mistarick » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:48 am

choliscott wrote:Based on what I have found in regards to movies. RTVHD uses "TheMovieDB" to bring back information. If the file is in a .WMV format, it will use the meta data on the file itself to bring back the data. If the movie is in another format (.mp4, .mkv, etc), it will do a name match.

I've tried converting a .mp4 to a .wmv file & it wouldn't match on the file name, until I populated the title data on the properties of the WMV file
mistarick wrote:Will recorded tvhd work for my movie library metadata as well? I love the look and what it does for recorded TV but can I set it up instead of media center master for metadata for my movie library? Sorry if I have missed this. From what I understand, it works with recorded movies and that is all the info I have found. Thanks in advance!
Sounds like you have it working though. I haven't tried yet but most of my movie library is in avi format. Maybe I should convert them. I was using mp4 but even set at highest quality, I still had lip sync out of whack, and avid looked great.

element192

Post by element192 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:16 am

I've been having two problems with this program lately and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I should first point out that I have commercial skipping turned OFF already because it was causing all sorts of problems.

My two problems are:

1. When I first installed, the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+O opened Recorded TV HD. Now, all of a sudden, it only happens the WMC Recorded TV app. I also have tried the alternate keyboard shortcut suggested by the program but this doesn't work either (nothing happens when I press it).
2. The program often has a lot of lag. My computer is a brand new build and has pretty decent specs so I don't think it's the problem. But sometimes when I press a button, whether it's moving the cursor or making a selection, there is almost always a few second delay.

Any thoughts on what could be done to fix these issues?

choliscott

Post by choliscott » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:18 am

1) Have you tried unchecking the option of having the record button start RTVHD, rebooting, checking it again? I think I had this issue at one time & that seemed to fix it (where the normal record list would start instead of RTVHD)

2) Do you have a SSD installed? Having one installed does help with the response time. If you don't, maybe try using a thumb drive, formatted as a ready boost drive. That seemed to help with response issues I had before I added an SSD.
element192 wrote:I've been having two problems with this program lately and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I should first point out that I have commercial skipping turned OFF already because it was causing all sorts of problems.

My two problems are:

1. When I first installed, the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+O opened Recorded TV HD. Now, all of a sudden, it only happens the WMC Recorded TV app. I also have tried the alternate keyboard shortcut suggested by the program but this doesn't work either (nothing happens when I press it).
2. The program often has a lot of lag. My computer is a brand new build and has pretty decent specs so I don't think it's the problem. But sometimes when I press a button, whether it's moving the cursor or making a selection, there is almost always a few second delay.

Any thoughts on what could be done to fix these issues?

CablefreeMe

Post by CablefreeMe » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:38 am

I've been having a problem lately where a message will popup saying that RecordedTV has stopped working and needs to restart. Any idea what might be causing this. I'm using the latest version.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:49 pm

How often does it happen? Do you have the commercial break viewer turned on?

CablefreeMe

Post by CablefreeMe » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:44 am

barnabas1969 wrote:How often does it happen? Do you have the commercial break viewer turned on?
Well it happened today again today. The exact message is:

Program Not Responding
The Recorded TV HD program has stopped responding and will be returned to Windows Media Center

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:40 pm

OK, but you didn't answer either of my questions.

1) How often - in other words, how many times in the past month, or some other definite period of time - has this happened?

2) Do you have the commercial break viewer turned on?

CablefreeMe

Post by CablefreeMe » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:25 am

I can't say how often as I only watch the TV at night while my family watches during the day. I don't have a commercial break viewer installed.

STC

Post by STC » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:01 am

^ Commercial break viewer is a RTVHD component that overlays where the breaks are in the show timeline.
It causes a lot of problems and is advised it is disabled so the timeline returns to the standard view/format.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

CablefreeMe

Post by CablefreeMe » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:40 pm

I don't believe I have it enabled. Is it enabled by default?

choliscott

Post by choliscott » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:16 am

The commercial break viewer is enabled by default. You have to turn it on/off in the extras option
CablefreeMe wrote:I don't believe I have it enabled. Is it enabled by default?

Cyterio

Post by Cyterio » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:50 pm

Does anyone know where I might find the .png's that are used in the various themes included in RecordedTv HD? I am currently running Media Center Themer with the Metro8 Theme and it looks great, I just want to change the standard RecordedTV HD theme when you enter a recorded show from the media center blue to the transparent black that Metro8 uses.

Not sure if it matters but I installed Media Center Themer prior to RecordedTV HD, and its the only part of Media Center that's not consistent with the rest.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:18 am

RTVHD has several different Themes available in the settings menu under "Appearance". I use the List View theme with a transparent black background. It works great. There is even a Metro theme in the latest version... and colors can be changed from within the settings menu.

You can even create your own background images and put them into a directory... the path to which is displayed in the theme menus.

Cyterio

Post by Cyterio » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:34 pm

I'm aware of the different themes that are included with RTVHD. I was looking for a way to change the "media center like" theme to a transparent black color. Currently there are no other color options for that particular theme, you are locked into the media center blue.
I did see that the other themes, such as the metro theme, allow you to modify the background and give you a few different colors to choose from. I am really happy with the "media center like" theme, just wanted to change the color. That's why I was asking if there is an XML or series or .png files in a directory somewhere that I can edit myself to manually change the look of this theme. I've checked all the directories I could think of and couldn't find anything on my end to modify.

Rishicash

Post by Rishicash » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:25 pm

RTVHD is not fully compatible with any version of W8. I can't even use it anymore.

Polen

Post by Polen » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:45 am

For me it not just RTVHD, but all MC Addons with W8. My Xbox interface will freeze after awhile of using any Add-on. Heavily used Add-ons tend to draw out the problem making it look like it's the problem. I can't use RTVHD since I use it repeatedly since recorded TV is my main use. Other Add-ons like MB, MCLXL and HeatWave are fine since they get light use to no use. I only have the problem while using the Xbox and cannot reproduce the issue on the WMC PC itself.