Simple Radio

jachin99

HTPC Specs: Show details

Simple Radio

Post by jachin99 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:24 pm

I have been sitting on this one for a while, and I figured I would finally start a new post about it. Simple Radio is a streaming radio plugin, and its open source, and hosted on sourceforge here: https://sourceforge.net/p/windowsmediac ... e%20Radio/

The stations that come pre-defined in the plugin don't work but they are easily edited via an xml file in the program's program data folder. I have this installed on all of my machines, and I modified the registration file to place it in radio sources. So add this one to the "Still works" pile. :thumbup:

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:40 am

I have started updating simple radio. Right now I just updated WMP to play more file extensions via OpenPLSWMP, and I have updated the URL list as well so there is actual content. I'll share what I have if anyone is interested. The plugin itself works really good.

fit2win

Post by fit2win » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:07 pm

Hi jachin99
I am new here in this forum, so just a brief introduction. I live in Germany and I am using WMC for almost 10 years with Win 7 on a HTPC in our living room. It worked fine so far and I hate to lose it. Last week a had to re-install Win 7 and lost the radio tuner plug-in "Slick Radio". It worked great all the years, but now I cannot find it, neither can I find any radio tuner for WMC. Can you help? Is there a ready-to-use plug-in available? If I would use your xml file, is there a database somewhere with all the radio stations?

Thanks for your help
Stefan

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:19 pm

Try this page for downloading an installer https://sourceforge.net/projects/window ... e%20Radio/

All of my radio stations are in english, but I can share my updated file with you if you want. This is something that has to be updated from time to time as stations change.

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:27 am

Alright, I don't use WMC anymore but here is the last good configuration I have for it. You might want to check the paths in services.xml to make sure they pertain to your system but most of these should still work. If there are any links to .pls files then you will need a program called openplswmp so that WMC can play them. Codec support is also a must but anything that ends in .asx should work. I think there is even a Christmas category in this one for an added bonus. Here is a link to https://drive.google.com/open?id=1B80S5 ... n6QQ95pn-t

You will need to add these files to programdata/simpleradio. I also registered simple radio as an internet radio tile under the music secition, and each individual station can be added to that as well. They are easier to sort and edit using simple radio though.