About McPandora & Pandora

jachin99

HTPC Specs: Show details

About McPandora & Pandora

Post by jachin99 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:25 am

I noticed the other day that when I play a song in a playlist through Pandora (I have the free version) It saves the song in my music library on my machine. I have no idea why or how, and I didn't even have to ask it or configure it to do so. I dug a little, and found out that Pandora has a leanback interface designed for the PS 3 and XBOX 360. Here is a link http://www.thedigitalmediazone.com/2013 ... n-an-htpc/ but I'm thinking if I change my browser's user agent then maybe I can get to the site a little easier.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:32 pm

Can you even use it in a browser any more ? (to get the lean back interface ?) It appears from that site that they were trying to block it.

You could always try with ReLaunch to see if it works, you can select to use Chrome with it...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:44 pm

I wonder what happens if you change your browser's user agent to something like an XBox 360. I think I'm going to setup a version of firefox to report itself as an xbox and see what happens with some of these streaming sites. Even better might be to set the browser up as a roku.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:22 pm

jachin99 wrote:I wonder what happens if you change your browser's user agent to something like an XBox 360. I think I'm going to setup a version of firefox to report itself as an xbox and see what happens with some of these streaming sites. Even better might be to set the browser up as a roku.
It's a very good question. I would LOVE to know your results here. There is a TON of websites out there that are for TV/xbox/PS4/Android flavor of the month. It would be nice if we could get more streaming sites in WMC. Even the native Netflix on your smart TV or Xbox is just a webpage, as is most apps on these devices.

It really could open a new world for streaming services in WMC.

THIS is why I was looking for a replacement Media Center extender... the RDP thing might do better as a lot of these apps should be able to be run in a RDP session that reports it's a console (like connected on video out), it really could extend the FULL WMC experience to every TV..

One of my real goal on Extenders is to play every movie type that is in the Movie library... INCLUDING HEVC/h.265 2160p movies (4k movies)...Xbox 360 extenders will choke on anything high bit rate, or be a buffering fest (play for 30 seconds and then buffer 30 seconds, then repeat for 2 hours) ... even on a gigabit network.
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:54 pm

After toying around with this some it looks like changing the user agent doesn't get the results we want easily. I think there is more to it now than just the user agent.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:30 am

jachin99 wrote:After toying around with this some it looks like changing the user agent doesn't get the results we want easily. I think there is more to it now than just the user agent.
Too bad ! Thanks for the update !
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:38 am

It would be nice if I could find someone who has managed to bolt a Roku web browser onto Windows 7, then you could use it for generic purposes like this.