DVDFAb bluray ripper etc

mercalia

HTPC Specs: Show details

DVDFAb bluray ripper etc

Post by mercalia » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:41 pm

Since the clamp down in the US has any one bought their software from the .cn website they now run and presumably payments processed in China with credit card?

I have downloaded the demo and it does a really fine job in superfast time with a Nvidea Cuda graphics card as little as 20 minutes for really decent quality mkv files that media center can be made to view

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:13 am

mercalia wrote: and presumably payments processed in China with credit card?
Yea, I'll pass on that.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

joecrow

Post by joecrow » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:26 am

Scallica wrote:
mercalia wrote: and presumably payments processed in China with credit card?
Yea, I'll pass on that.
I'd be more worried about the programs website/online decoding, getting bocked (already happened once) or lifetime subscriptions not lasting that long (aka. AnyDVD etc) than credit card abuse. Won't Makmkv do it for you?

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:48 pm

If your trying to rip movies to MKV.... grab MakeMKV...and use WMC's Rip and compress...it works with MakeMKV and through WMC's GUI you can rip a Blu-ray or DVD.... still works good...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

mercalia

Post by mercalia » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:56 pm

well I bought a 2 year license. It showed up on my credit card as DVDFab so all ok there & they had a 25% off sale at Xmas so worth a punt. MakeMKV maybe al right but my pc is old an old quad core from 2009 not an I-series super computer. Even then DVDFab using what they call Lightning Shrink will produce a good quality 4gb mkv copy of a bluray film in about 20 minutes using the Cuda capabilities of my Nvidea GTX 750 ti card, which is pushed really hard, processing frames at 160-220 fps: the 4 cores of the Intel Q8300 were running at about 60% so not all stressed. So those people at DVDFab certainly know some thing that other ripper vendors dont know. This Lightning Shrink dont work for all Bluerays esp interlaced 1080i and 2 pass.

mercalia

Post by mercalia » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:56 pm

buying from DVDFab seems ok nothing untoward on my credit card.at the moment any way

all the other bluray rippers take so long on my ancient pc, they say they support CUDA, but their support is very weak. I just dont have the time to wait 70 minutes per disc on a tv series blu ray set of say 6 discs.

mercalia

Post by mercalia » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:12 pm

nothing bad has happened to my credit card so I think safe to buy DVDFabs products