DvrmsToolbox + WTVRenamer

brianlich

HTPC Specs: Show details

DvrmsToolbox + WTVRenamer

Post by brianlich » Sun May 14, 2017 3:59 am

I'd like to integrate WTVRenamer with DVRMSToolbox. I tried to add the PowerShell script to the Find Commercials in DVR-MS profile. It renames the file fine. However, when it goes to scan for commercials, it fails because it's looking for InputFile (which was the file before it was renamed).

Any ideas on how I can update InputFile so that the profile works?

Has anybody else tried this?

Thanks in advance...
Brian

marvin-miller

Post by marvin-miller » Mon May 15, 2017 4:20 am

Sort of off topic, so don't shoot me. It's been years since I ran DVRMS Toolbox although I loved it at the time and had it doing all sorts of interesting things that nothing else could do.

About 5 or 6 years ago I found out about VAP - a freeware program created as a front-end to Video Redo. I had a hand in it's development back in the early days as it did not work. So I worked with the author and made suggestions, fortunately most of which he implemented. In short order it became excellent.

If you've got Video Redo it's well worth a look. Basically it's got a file watcher and then performs post-recording processing. You can use Comskip on recordings and cut them etc. The neatest thing though is that, because it uses Video-Redo as it's engine, you can convert recordings into anything you want. Very, very powerful and also very simple.

Just an FYI in case it helps?

rmeden

Post by rmeden » Mon May 15, 2017 10:31 pm

I used DVRMS=Toolbox for the UI integration... commercial skip, CC and other things. When I got the TVPack update it stopped working and there was no further development.

brianlich

Post by brianlich » Tue May 16, 2017 6:11 pm

marvin-miller wrote:Sort of off topic, so don't shoot me. It's been years since I ran DVRMS Toolbox although I loved it at the time and had it doing all sorts of interesting things that nothing else could do.

About 5 or 6 years ago I found out about VAP - a freeware program created as a front-end to Video Redo. I had a hand in it's development back in the early days as it did not work. So I worked with the author and made suggestions, fortunately most of which he implemented. In short order it became excellent.

If you've got Video Redo it's well worth a look. Basically it's got a file watcher and then performs post-recording processing. You can use Comskip on recordings and cut them etc. The neatest thing though is that, because it uses Video-Redo as it's engine, you can convert recordings into anything you want. Very, very powerful and also very simple.

Just an FYI in case it helps?
Thanks! Is it possible to just rename and process a WTV file without converting? With MCEBuddy, it doesn't look like you can just rename and then scan a file to create an EDL/commercials XML.

marvin-miller

Post by marvin-miller » Tue May 16, 2017 7:52 pm

Yes, that's the least that it does. The only drawback to it is that it's required to have Video Redo, which costs money. On the other hand, it's well worth it. It's very much like DVRM-Toolbox but with a logical GUI.

For all I know, you may not even need to have Video Redo if all you're doing is renaming and filing recordings. The way I do my series recordings is to rename them like this;

1999-08-23 - The Author.wtv

So what it does is create a directory title the series name (in this case Everbody Love Raymond) and then files that recording in that directory so you end up with the entire season(s) in order by airdate with the episode title and description. Very powerful and this is the least VAP does. It does a lot more.