MCEBuddy setup for simple rename and move tasks

timn_fl

HTPC Specs: Show details

MCEBuddy setup for simple rename and move tasks

Post by timn_fl » Mon May 01, 2017 9:19 am

I originally posted this to the MCEBuddy "forum" but with CodePlex shutting down I wasn't sure if anyone was still actively visiting\answering questions there. I figured since MCEBuddy has become one of the staple tools for people use with their HTPC there would probably be someone who encountered this issue before and might have some suggestions.

I am a new MCEBuddy user and I have been trying to use the product over the past few days but I have been encountering some issues. Right now, I am using MCEBuddy 2.3.13 to rename and move WTV files that are recorded to a more a specific directory for use with my Emby Server on a local NAS. I have set up a "conversion task" that moves the files based on my specifications correctly, but it does take a lot of time copying the file to a temp directory then copying the file to the destination. I would like to find a way to speed up the task by having it not using the Temp directory for this task, can that be done? Also, while it has been able to move the majority of my content without any issues, there are a few programs that it wasn't able to retrieve info from any of the internet sources so it fails to get the necessary info (this part I understand). Is there a setting to make it fail the rest of the conversion and leave the file in place? I understand that detection has gotten better in newer releases but I wanted to get a better sense of the product before I joined the Premium Program? This is an excerpt from one of the conversions

Code: Select all

2017-04-30T07:52:50 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> Video Tags extracted -> Title: The Wall
SubTitle: Ashle and Xandi
Description: With tremendous cash prizes, this game show will change lives with the drop of a ball.

Season 01, Episode 10
Network: WFLADT (WFLA-DT)
Genres: Game Show,Series
Season: 0
Episode: 0
Banner:
Banner URL:
IMDB MovieId:
MovieDB MovieId:
TVDB SeriesId:
Is Show Movie: False
OriginalBroadcastDateTime: 2017-02-21T00:00:00
RecordedDateTime: 2017-02-21T20:57:23
CopyProtected: False

INFORMATION> 2017-04-30T07:52:50 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> Downloading Series details
INFORMATION> 2017-04-30T07:52:50 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> Skipping downloading Banner file
INFORMATION> 2017-04-30T07:52:50 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> Recording Type Show
INFORMATION> 2017-04-30T07:52:50 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> Checking TheTVDB
WARNING> 2017-04-30T07:52:55 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> TheTVDB failed
INFORMATION> 2017-04-30T07:52:55 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> Checking TheMovieDB
WARNING> 2017-04-30T07:52:56 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> IMDB failed
INFORMATION> 2017-04-30T07:52:56 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> Checking TV.com
WARNING> 2017-04-30T07:52:57 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> TV.com failed
2017-04-30T07:52:57 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> Updated Video Tags after downloading details -> Title: The Wall
Because it failed to match the episode, there is no season or episode number so my custom rename gives undesired results as show here

2017-04-30T07:53:06 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Custom Renaming Command -> %showname%\Season %season%##\%showname%_S%season%##E%episode%##
--> Cannot find Season No
--> Cannot find Episode No
--> Rename file to C:\Program Files\MCEBuddy2x\working0\The Wall_SE.wtv
Because I have multiple shows for this program they essentially overwrite each other with the same bad name. I would prefer it fail for this show and give me the opprotunity to fix either manually or some other way.

So my 2 questions are
1) Is there a way to streamline rename only tasks so they don't copy to temp then copy to destination and just rename & copy to destination
2) Is there a setting to make the conversion task fail if it cannot find the information for the rename because the metadata is missing

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Wed May 03, 2017 2:51 am

Welcome to the club. Your question is well explained. I don't use MCEBuddy, so I don't have an answer for you. If I needed an answer, I would type MCEBuddy up in the top right corner Search Window, and jump in to one of the 304 threads.
Attachments
MCEBuddy001.JPG

timn_fl

Post by timn_fl » Wed May 03, 2017 5:57 pm

Crash2009 wrote:Welcome to the club. Your question is well explained. I don't use MCEBuddy, so I don't have an answer for you. If I needed an answer, I would type MCEBuddy up in the top right corner Search Window, and jump in to one of the 304 threads.
Thanks for your reply, even your screenshot shows that the 304 threads that you mentioned were all posted here in the Add-ins & 3rd party apps board which is why I posted here. I assumed that it was preferred to start a new thread and not reuse an old one. Since you have more experience here, is that correct?

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Fri May 05, 2017 1:11 am

Sometimes people are a little shy to reply to someone's first or second post. I suggested the search to give you something to do while you're waiting.

I replied to yours just to give it a little bump. Somebody should jump in soon.

hunnypuppy

Post by hunnypuppy » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:04 pm

timn_fl wrote:I originally posted this to the MCEBuddy "forum" but with CodePlex shutting down I wasn't sure if anyone was still actively visiting\answering questions there. I figured since MCEBuddy has become one of the staple tools for people use with their HTPC there would probably be someone who encountered this issue before and might have some suggestions.

I am a new MCEBuddy user and I have been trying to use the product over the past few days but I have been encountering some issues. Right now, I am using MCEBuddy 2.3.13 to rename and move WTV files that are recorded to a more a specific directory for use with my Emby Server on a local NAS. I have set up a "conversion task" that moves the files based on my specifications correctly, but it does take a lot of time copying the file to a temp directory then copying the file to the destination. I would like to find a way to speed up the task by having it not using the Temp directory for this task, can that be done? Also, while it has been able to move the majority of my content without any issues, there are a few programs that it wasn't able to retrieve info from any of the internet sources so it fails to get the necessary info (this part I understand). Is there a setting to make it fail the rest of the conversion and leave the file in place? I understand that detection has gotten better in newer releases but I wanted to get a better sense of the product before I joined the Premium Program? This is an excerpt from one of the conversions

2017-04-30T07:52:50 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> Video Tags extracted -> Title: The Wall
SubTitle: Ashle and Xandi
Description: With tremendous cash prizes, this game show will change lives with the drop of a ball.

Season 01, Episode 10
Network: WFLADT (WFLA-DT)
Genres: Game Show,Series
Season: 0
Episode: 0
Banner:
Banner URL:
IMDB MovieId:
MovieDB MovieId:
TVDB SeriesId:
Is Show Movie: False
OriginalBroadcastDateTime: 2017-02-21T00:00:00
RecordedDateTime: 2017-02-21T20:57:23
CopyProtected: False

INFORMATION> 2017-04-30T07:52:50 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> Downloading Series details
INFORMATION> 2017-04-30T07:52:50 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> Skipping downloading Banner file
INFORMATION> 2017-04-30T07:52:50 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> Recording Type Show
INFORMATION> 2017-04-30T07:52:50 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> Checking TheTVDB
WARNING> 2017-04-30T07:52:55 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> TheTVDB failed
INFORMATION> 2017-04-30T07:52:55 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> Checking TheMovieDB
WARNING> 2017-04-30T07:52:56 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> IMDB failed
INFORMATION> 2017-04-30T07:52:56 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> Checking TV.com
WARNING> 2017-04-30T07:52:57 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> TV.com failed
2017-04-30T07:52:57 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> Updated Video Tags after downloading details -> Title: The Wall
Because it failed to match the episode, there is no season or episode number so my custom rename gives undesired results as show here

2017-04-30T07:53:06 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Custom Renaming Command -> %showname%\Season %season%##\%showname%_S%season%##E%episode%##
--> Cannot find Episode No
--> Rename file to C:\Program Files\MCEBuddy2x\working0\The Wall_SE.wtv
Because I have multiple shows for this program they essentially overwrite each other with the same bad name. I would prefer it fail for this show and give me the opprotunity to fix either manually or some other way.

So my 2 questions are
1) Is there a way to streamline rename only tasks so they don't copy to temp then copy to destination and just rename & copy to destination
2) Is there a setting to make the conversion task fail if it cannot find the information for the rename because the metadata is missing

Here is part of the issue, the metadata of your file is in the description field instead of the season and episode fields, this is something the newer versions of MCEBuddy take into account while extracting metadata that 2.3.13 does not.

Season 01, Episode 10

Answers to your question
1. Yes, not sure if the 2.3.13 version that those option but in 2.4 series you'll find an option to rename without converting and skip copying/skip remuxing which wont' copy it to an intermediary location.
2. Not that I'm aware of