MCEBuddy & Comskip-> RecordedTVHD: metadata?

Wheeker

HTPC Specs: Show details

MCEBuddy & Comskip-> RecordedTVHD: metadata?

Post by Wheeker » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:14 pm

If I use MCEBuddy & Comskip to delete commercials & convert to mp4- I presume they'll still show up in RecordedTVHD, but do you lose the metadata (i.e. artwork, descriptions etc)? I'm also using EPG123 so would seem a shame if all that nice, rich metadata is lost. If the metadata does get stripped-out by MCEBuddy does RecordedTVHD try to then re-create its own?

DaveInPa

Post by DaveInPa » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:44 pm

I don't use commercial skipping software so I can't speak to the metadata in WMC.

But I do use RecordedTV HD with mp4's that I've converted from TV shows. It will find metadata (backgrounds, posters, description, thumbs, original air date...) It doesn't do actors/cast.

Ronstang

Post by Ronstang » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:26 pm

I just startede relly using MCEBuddy and mine don't show up in Recorded TV nor do they seem to have any metadata so at this point it looks like I'll have much more hard drive space to record shows and movies that will no longer work or display properly in WMC....am I missing something here? I'd love to resolve this because I have a couple thousand movies I need to compress and strip all the extraneous stuff out of but it also seems to render WMC useless for viewing if I do

Ronstang

Post by Ronstang » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:26 pm

I just started realy using MCEBuddy and mine don't show up in Recorded TV nor do they seem to have any metadata so at this point it looks like I'll have much more hard drive space to record shows and movies that will no longer work or display properly in WMC....am I missing something here? I'd love to resolve this because I have a couple thousand movies I need to compress and strip all the extraneous stuff out of but it also seems to render WMC useless for viewing if I do