Showanalyzer and DTBAddin for UK TV

technodevotee

HTPC Specs: Show details

Showanalyzer and DTBAddin for UK TV

Post by technodevotee » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:29 am

Hi guys.

Does anyone have any tips for improving the accuracy of Showanalyzer on UK TV?
It seems a bit hit and miss at the moment.

Does anyone know how to change the key assignments in DTBAddin?
I would like to stop it from prompting about programmes with missing information and alter the key used to enable/disable skipping.

I'm running Windows 10 with SA version 1.1.0.825 and DTBAddin 1.0.0.9. I haven't installed DVRMS toolbox because I only have the installer for version 1.2.2.5 (I used to 1.2.2.7 but it has disappeared off my server and I can't find it *anywhere*). I found the registry entries by installing on a Windows 7 PC and imported them onto my Windows 10 PC but the addin doesn't seem to be reading them.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:55 am

technodevotee

Post by technodevotee » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:05 am

I should have said that I have gone through the information about SA here https://www.engadget.com/2010/08/02/how ... ection-ac/ but I wondered if anyone had already gone through the pain of configuring for UK TV shows and could save me re-inventing the wheel.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:43 pm

technodevotee wrote:I should have said that I have gone through the information about SA here https://www.engadget.com/2010/08/02/how ... ection-ac/ but I wondered if anyone had already gone through the pain of configuring for UK TV shows and could save me re-inventing the wheel.
I think one of the mods here, Rob from UK, has written a thing or two on that subject. Have a look up in Control Panel/Messages/Find a Member.....send him a pm, and/or view his posts, search all his posts for ShowAnalyzer.

Actually his TGB handle is Holidayboy.

You could also try Pheobe

https://forums.mydigitallife.info/membe ... 9-phoebeuk

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:06 pm

Not sure if this is related to the problem you are having, but I remember reading about a dvr-ms problem with a particular version of Win10. Not sure if they ever resolved it, other than using winff https://forums.mydigitallife.info/threa ... ost1275219 a few posts before this one the problem is discussed.

technodevotee

Post by technodevotee » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:48 pm

Well, yes, I did a lot of research and read everything relevant I could find (including on this forum) before posting.

I have made some progress this morning in that I've managed to successfully compile DVRMST 1.2.2.7 and installed it and it seems to be working correctly.

Once I had done that I realised that I hadn't allowed for the fact that I was copying registry entries from a 32 bit O/S to a 64 bit O/S and the settings are in a slightly different place.

As others have commented, unless you want the extra conversion features that DVRMST provides, you only really need SA and DVBAddin for a basic setup. I just wanted it to find out where the settings were and probably won't actually use it.

Anyway, I've managed to remap the keys now and just need to go through the settings for SA and tweak everything by trial and error.

technodevotee

Post by technodevotee » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:20 pm

In case anyone is interested:

There have been comments made in another thread about poor stability and accuracy of the latest version of SA so I've been comparing v1.1 with v0.97 and so far the results have been mixed: One seems more accurate on certain channels and the other seems more accurate on another.

So, I wanted to try tweaking 1.1 and as a starting point, I went through the default settings comparing the ones in 0.97 against those in 1.1 and could immediately see that there were some differences - the maximum and minimum show and commercial lengths for example.

Having set those the same in 1.1, it made an immediate difference and the detection rate on the channels where it was poor improved dramatically.

Now the downside. I have had my Windows 10 PC lockup with the HDD LED on solid a couple of times since I've been running SA 1.1 - something I've never had happen before with that PC. I put the first occurrence down as unknown but when it happened again this morning, I started to wonder if this the bug mentioned. If so, that is a deal breaker.

So I am wondering if I should give up on SA and switch to comskip?

Initial tests with comskip on one of my spare Windows 7 PCs seem to show that it is as good as either of the versions of SA I have.