MCEBuddy Renaming Files

jppl2000

HTPC Specs: Show details

MCEBuddy Renaming Files

Post by jppl2000 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:43 am

Just purchased MCEBuddy. I believe it will work for me. However, I am a newbie with MCEBuddy. Default results are missing the the Series title then have some dates which I don't need. I am using WMC to record on Windows 7. Can someone help point me to where I can change the default so that my rendered results have just the Series Title, season and episode number, and the Episode Name? I see where this is possible but I don't know how to get there. Thanks in advance.

garnuts

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by garnuts » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:37 pm

From the MCEBuddy website:

Custom File Renaming Pattern (v2.1.6+)

MCEBuddy allows you to create your own custom file name and directory structure using the metadata stored in the file and downloaded from the internet.
The following commands are currently supported by MCEBuddy

%originalfilename% - Name of the source file (without the path or extension)
%showname% - Showname / Title
%airyear% - Original Air Year
%airmonth% - Original Air Month
%airday% - Original Air Day
%recordyear% - Record Year
%recordmonth% - Record Month
%recordday% - Record Day
%recordhour% - Record Hour (v2.1.10+)
%recordminute% - Record Minute (v2.1.10+)
%episodename% - Episode Name / Subtitle
%season%## - Season No
%episode%## - Episode No
%network% - Netwok channel on the show was recorded (v2.1.10+)
\ - Directory Separator

E.g.: TVShows\%showname%\Season %season%\%showname% - S%season%##E%episode%## - %episodename% - %airyear%_%airmonth%_%airday%

Will produce: TVShows\CSI\Season 1\CSI - S01E02 - Best of times - 2012_01_06.\<ext>

The extension is added automatically depending upon the profile specifications.

The number of #'s at the end for Episode and Season indicates the number of digits in the written number. E.g. %season%## will give the output at 01 while %season%### will give the output at 001. #'s are optional, leaving them out will write the number without any formatting. i.e. %season% will give 1 as the output.