YAMM question... changing covers, any idea ?

DavidinCT

HTPC Specs: Show details

YAMM question... changing covers, any idea ?

Post by DavidinCT » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:59 pm

Hey all,

I have been using YAMM for the longest time for Movie Managment. It does work pretty awesome, drop a movie (in a folder named accordingly) into a movie folder, it gives it art and meta data. You dont really even have to think about it. It's nice.

Now I have run into a problem. I have a few movies that are in 3-D and a few that are in 4K (HIGH bit rate HEVC/x265 movies). SO, I need to add a logo or somethign to the front covers so they can be labeld differently, or even add it to the Meta data.

The problem is, if I edit a image (folder.jpg), YAMM goes in and replaces it with an orignal one. Anyone do anything like this and find a work-a-round for it ?
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

d00zah

Post by d00zah » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:35 pm

I just have YAMMM monitor a 'new' folder & then move the renamed folder/video/metadata to my movie library (unmonitored) to prevent future changes. An extra step, but it leaves any customization intact.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:59 pm

d00zah wrote:I just have YAMMM monitor a 'new' folder & then move the renamed folder/video/metadata to my movie library (unmonitored) to prevent future changes. An extra step, but it leaves any customization intact.
Thanks that is a good idea, something to think about. I was also thinking (have not tried yet) to change the permissions on the folder.jpg images, not to allow the local user account (the logon account) to change or the file. That might do it too.

I could always do that fairly easy. I have Movie folders on 2 drives (2 5tb drives), so I guess I could make a movies2 folder.

As I have been finding 4K movies, it's time to make sure they stand out over 1080p movies...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

d00zah

Post by d00zah » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:24 pm

To be honest, aside from the folder/file renaming YAMMM provides, I've found EMBY to provide a MUCH more visually rich experience for WMC, versus the native libraries. They even have a plug-in (CoverArt) which does special treatments for DVD/BluRay/(4K pending?) which you might enjoy. Might be worth a look (if you haven't already)?

https://emby.media/community/index.php? ... verart-40/

Haven't found any substitute for WMC7 I prefer, yet, but EMBY has made it better (IMO).

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:56 am

d00zah wrote:To be honest, aside from the folder/file renaming YAMMM provides, I've found EMBY to provide a MUCH more visually rich experience for WMC, versus the native libraries. They even have a plug-in (CoverArt) which does special treatments for DVD/BluRay/(4K pending?) which you might enjoy. Might be worth a look (if you haven't already)?

https://emby.media/community/index.php? ... verart-40/

Haven't found any substitute for WMC7 I prefer, yet, but EMBY has made it better (IMO).
Thanks, I am not using EMBY, I use the built in movie library in WMC7. It's been working flawless for me, I have over 400 Blu-ray movies in it. It's quick and simple.

I have tried a few "Movie Managers" to get Meta Data for the movie library, STILL today, YAMMM is the best one, set and forget, you need a movie added, drop it in your movie folder, it renames it, adds art and adds it to the library with metadata...

In my Libray of around 400, maybe 6 of them are 4K or 3-D (so not that many) but, I wanted them labeled differently.
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

d00zah

Post by d00zah » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:09 pm

Cool. Merely a suggestion. I didn't look any further myself until my movie library was ~2x yours, at which point things began to lag. Happy viewing!

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:13 pm

d00zah wrote:Cool. Merely a suggestion. I didn't look any further myself until my movie library was ~2x yours, at which point things began to lag. Happy viewing!
Maybe I'll check it out sometime or another, always looking for a upgrade, as I think my HTPC config is a little overkill for WMC (WMC on 7 was designed around single core CPUS, and it does not get too much faster with a faster PC).

Thanks !
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

cassel11

Post by cassel11 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:34 pm

Could I ask what version of YAMMM you are using? I have v13_10_28_1336 and have found it a bit unreliable.

d00zah

Post by d00zah » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:09 am

That's the version I'm using (oddly, the 'About' tab reports Copyright 2017?). To be honest, since moving to EMBY, YAMMM is mainly relegated to renaming the folder/file to a standard name ( movie(year) ) without pulling any of the images but, IIRC, it did so as expected before the upgrade. What sort of issues are you having?

IF by unreliable, you mean it sometimes fails to correctly identify a movie, that's a long standing issue of name ambiguity. Mike's recommended solution, which always solves it for me, is to replace the folder name with...

[imdb=tt4425200] <OR> [tmdb=324552]

to correctly identify the movie 'John Wick: Chapter Two (2017)'. The numbers are the movie identifiers from the respective sources embedded in the page URL.

If it's something else, I'll try to help as best I can.

cassel11

Post by cassel11 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:17 pm

I'll give that a try this weekend and see what happens.

Thanks

d00zah

Post by d00zah » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:55 pm

Since I seem to have anticipated your "reliability issue", here's a little more detail. I've highlighted the necessary numbers in the respective URL examples.

"http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4425200/?ref_=nv_sr_1"

<OR>

"http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/324552-john-wick-chapter-two"

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:07 am

cassel11 wrote:Could I ask what version of YAMMM you are using? I have v13_10_28_1336 and have found it a bit unreliable.
Newest version...as I found... (the creator still hangs around on the Missingremote.com)

The dev links the newest version here... (this should go in the WIKI here)

https://www.yammm.net/get

and the direct links..

x86: https://www.yammm.net/get/yammm_setup_w ... 8_1336.exe

x64: https://www.yammm.net/get/yammm_setup_w ... 6_0827.exe

I checked the x64 one and it's still good, so as far as I know, these are the newest versions... If you are running x64, you should run the x64 version, as it is newer.. I have been running it for a while and I can honestly say, it works perfect 99.5% of the time.

Your welcome :)
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

d00zah

Post by d00zah » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:56 am

Question, David... the filenames seem to denote w7/w8 rather than x86/x64. Are you certain the x64 (w8) version runs on Win7? Thanks for the update!

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:50 pm

d00zah wrote:Question, David... the filenames seem to denote w7/w8 rather than x86/x64. Are you certain the x64 (w8) version runs on Win7? Thanks for the update!
I'm using the one that says w8 on Windows 7... so I would not worry about it..
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

d00zah

Post by d00zah » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:38 pm

No worries, thanks... been pokin' around & discovered some things.

- The 'w7' link you provide is the version cassel11 & I are currently running... the latest I can find.
- The 'w7' version is currently installed to %ProgramFiles% folder, so v64.
- The 'w8' version seems to be an earlier version based on numbering.

And, whichever you run, accuracy is pretty good, with exceptions.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:42 pm

d00zah wrote:No worries, thanks... been pokin' around & discovered some things.

- The 'w7' link you provide is the version cassel11 & I are currently running... the latest I can find.
- The 'w7' version is currently installed to %ProgramFiles% folder, so v64.
- The 'w8' version seems to be an earlier version based on numbering.

And, whichever you run, accuracy is pretty good, with exceptions.
Trust me, I even talked to the Dev about 6-8 months ago (still on Twitter) and asked him, he said those were the newest ones. I guess they will keep working till IMDB changes their website format.

It works great for the movie library but, would love if it could fill out cast and other movie data. Not sure of a software package that would do that..
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

d00zah

Post by d00zah » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:35 pm

Not disputing them being the latest, just that the rev stamp on the 'w7' version seems newest... and IS an x64 version.

Check out Emby server/Emby for WMC (WMC client). Yet another reason I switched over. See attached cap of movie display in WMC. And it does the same for TV & Music, too.

There are other similar options, but Emby is the one I liked best.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:32 pm

d00zah wrote:Not disputing them being the latest, just that the rev stamp on the 'w7' version seems newest... and IS an x64 version.

Check out Emby server/Emby for WMC (WMC client). Yet another reason I switched over. See attached cap of movie display in WMC. And it does the same for TV & Music, too.

There are other similar options, but Emby is the one I liked best.
Ok, riddle me this... Does it do any transcoding ? Does it work on extenders with out a 3rd party app ? And how do you manage the movies in it ?

Would be interested in something that makes all movies in the Movie Library work on an Extender BUT, does not do ANYTHING to the file on the local machine.

The problem is, I rip most bluray with full bit rate with HD audio, and even if I keep the AC-3 track in the file (I convert them to MKV), the 360 Extender has a nightmare playing high bit rate video..
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

d00zah

Post by d00zah » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:28 pm

- No transcoding when:

-- using UNC paths to map movie/video libraries... i.e. stored on NAS... just like WMC. Works fine on my Echo(s).
-- WMC has proper codecs.

All that said, as the 'Emby for WMC' client plug-in uses the native WMC player, so if WMC works OK for your purposes natively, Emby just puts a VERY pretty wrapper around it.

Note: To be clear, the plug-in is added as a WMC menu entry point... kinda like 'RecordedTVHD', except that it provides general access to the Emby server database. I use 'MCE Reset Toolbox' to clean up/hide stuff, replace native Movies entry point w/ Emby, etc.

Library management via web browser. I use Firefox.

Hope this helps.