YAC Server From Sunflowerhead Software??

kmp14

HTPC Specs: Show details

YAC Server From Sunflowerhead Software??

Post by kmp14 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:15 pm

Does anyone have a copy or know where I can download a copy of the YAC server software? All the links I find point to sunflowerhead dot com, but that site is gone.

I was using w7CallerID for the longest time, but now it prompts me for a new registration key every couple weeks, and the developer no longer responds with new ones (not cool).

Anyway, I would like to try to get the old classic YAC server running, but I cant find it. SO help finding it, or if there is another alternative that anyone is successfully using that would be cool too.

STC

Post by STC » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:00 pm

Use it myself. Here you go.
YAC.zip
(1.29 MiB) Downloaded 258 times
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

kmp14

Post by kmp14 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:35 pm

STC wrote:Use it myself. Here you go.
YAC.zip
Thanks!!!

kmp14

Post by kmp14 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:42 pm

STC wrote:Use it myself. Here you go.
YAC.zip
STC, which add-in do you use in Media Center in tandem with the YAC server? I am going to check out the "Vista Yac Addin" from Babgavant (Andy VT), wondering if that is what you use or if there is something else out there?

STC

Post by STC » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:05 pm

Yes, use Vista Yac Addin, it's in the zip. Everything you need to get it working with WMC is in there although it's been some years since I set it up. The help text file is good to read. The reg files have already been created just import them where required (you can right click edit first to check they are clean).

kmp14

Post by kmp14 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:10 pm

STC wrote:Yes, use Vista Yac Addin, it's in the zip. Everything you need to get it working with WMC is in there. The help text file is good to read. The reg files have already been created just import them where required (you can right click edit first to check they are clean).
Doh! (Homage to your avatar), I opened the zip and see everything in there. Thanks again.

kmp14

Post by kmp14 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:10 am

STC or anyone - Is anyone running the YAC server and Yac Client Listener on the same PC? when I do that I end up with 9-10 callerID pop-ups in Media center for each call. If I put the YAC server on another PC and add the MCE PC as a listener, I get 1 pop-up as expected. The thing is, the other PC is one that goes to sleep so I dont want to have to leave it on all the time. Anyone have any ideas why I get so many caller ID pop-ups when running YAC server on the media center pc?

kmp14

Post by kmp14 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:14 am

...And, as far as listeners go, since both yac and yac client listener are on the same box, I don't put ANY listeners in, and still get 9+ callerID pop-ups per call....argh!

STC

Post by STC » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:28 pm

Wow, sorry I was unaware you had issues last year.
To answer your Q, you don't need the listener on the server itself. It will still flag the call with one popup as the clients do.

kmp14

Post by kmp14 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:13 pm

No prob. I never figured out what I was doing wrong. With the modem and YAC server software on the same PC as the Media Center, no matter what I tired (and I tried everything), they only time I would successfully get a CID popup in MCE, I would get several (7 or 8 maybe) of them for the same call. I finally gave up and put the server on another PC and I leave that PC on all the time. It worked out ok because I have other stuff on that PC that I really do want available all the time (Music, Videos) so all good. Thanks for the response.