MCEBuddy & EDL Creation

realdiehl

HTPC Specs: Show details

MCEBuddy & EDL Creation

Post by realdiehl » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:20 pm

Hello all,

I have purchased MCEBuddy as it appeared to be the solution that I needed. My intent is to create an EDL file to mark commercial breaks and leave the original file untouched. Unfortunately, I can't get MCEBuddy to simply create the EDL file without converting or moving my original file. I've tried playing with the "only detect ads" and "wtv unprocessed" settings but I can't seem to get it to behave the way that I want.

I've searched on here, other forums, and on Google, and all give me guides on how to get MCEBuddy to *remove* commercials. Is it possible to get MCEBuddy to perform that way that I want? Or should I have purchased Comskip instead?

Thank you all for any help you can provide!

Regards,
Kurt

choliscott

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by choliscott » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:01 pm

I would suggest looking at DvrMsToolbox. It does what you're trying to accomplish.

realdiehl wrote:Hello all,

I have purchased MCEBuddy as it appeared to be the solution that I needed. My intent is to create an EDL file to mark commercial breaks and leave the original file untouched. Unfortunately, I can't get MCEBuddy to simply create the EDL file without converting or moving my original file. I've tried playing with the "only detect ads" and "wtv unprocessed" settings but I can't seem to get it to behave the way that I want.

I've searched on here, other forums, and on Google, and all give me guides on how to get MCEBuddy to *remove* commercials. Is it possible to get MCEBuddy to perform that way that I want? Or should I have purchased Comskip instead?

Thank you all for any help you can provide!

Regards,
Kurt