Netflix for Windows Media Center (NetflixMCE)

mystere8618

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by mystere8618 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:01 am

hello all,

I am having trouble getting my login credentials to carry over from IE into the NetflixMCE beta (newest build) I have read the .pdf that comes with the download and I have made the protected mode change to internet explorer. I also reset IE setting to default and wiped out all saved username and password and re-logged in to Netflix non-Facebook account. I have uninstalled and reinstalled NetflixMCE and tried again still same issue. As soon as I launch Netflix it shows the red splash screen then briefly flashes the netflix login page, then goes to the all white screen that says you must log into netflix from IE on this computer. I am running Windows 7 x64. Any suggestions are appreciated thanks.

I have also emailed in the feedback regarding this.

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:09 am

I was seeing something similar, I had to run this Silverlight fix-it download from Microsoft to cure the problem.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/211

RonDMC

Post by RonDMC » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:26 pm

It seems that the native Netflix app in WMC is still partially working in that the interface works 100% and once a movie is launched you are now redirected to a browser within WMC for playback. The problem we have is no remote control inputs work, my display will go to sleep and you get a mouse cursor on the screen. What your app and how the native Netflix app work now are very similar is there anyway your app can be modified to control the native Netflix app and keep the machine awake while playback through the browser?

KerrAvon

Post by KerrAvon » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:21 pm

RonDMC/All,

Please see the PDF file that was included with the software. A can't monitor all discussion boards for issues - I need you guys to send feedback as directed at the end of the release notes. It's the only way I can collect the necessary info to help you.

Thanks,

Marc

knutsont

Post by knutsont » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:15 am

Wow, this is a really great start. I've also been hoping for a good Amazon Video solution for some time, and this thread lead me to that, too. Donation coming your way on one condition. If you get rich off all of us Media Center Junkie holdouts, you promise not to move to the Caribbean and abandon these projects. I'm serious! Really excited to keep my (multiple) one box solutions in place for a while longer. Sad MS has such a short attention span that it cannot support any of it's good, useful projects to maturity (outside of Xbox)...Cheers All.

knutsont

Post by knutsont » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:40 pm

Ditto on the screensaver issue. The app does not seem to disable the screensaver timer. Once it hit the time limit, it kicks out of the active movie and goes back to the menu. Simple fix for now is extending the screensaver timeout.

KerrAvon

Post by KerrAvon » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:01 pm

IMPORTANT - The Netflix project home page is moving!!!

Update your bookmarks folks - SharePointSnapple.com is now SharePointAdept.com - Same great stuff, new non-trademark-infringing name! :wtf:

http://sharepointadept.com/netflix-for- ... ia-center/

Thanks!

Marc

STC

Post by STC » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:39 pm

*opens can of Adept*
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:09 am

KerrAvon wrote: Update your bookmarks folks - SharePointSnapple.com is now SharePointAdept.com - Same great stuff, new non-trademark-infringing name!
The installer still installs to Program Files/SharePointSnapple.com ;)
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

KerrAvon

Post by KerrAvon » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:50 am

Scallica wrote:
KerrAvon wrote: Update your bookmarks folks - SharePointSnapple.com is now SharePointAdept.com - Same great stuff, new non-trademark-infringing name!
The installer still installs to Program Files/SharePointSnapple.com ;)
Takes awhile to get the Snapple out of everything. :roll:

Pacmania

Post by Pacmania » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:00 am

Hi,

I installed the NetflixMCE add in on windows media center. However, when I launch Netflix it wouldn't let me log in. There's a prompt that says "Welcome to NetflixMCE. Before using the addin please login to Netflix from Internet Explorer on this PC. Click the Media Center Button to exit." I logged into the Netflix internet explorer but still it wouldn't resolve the issue.

dapriett

Post by dapriett » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:18 am

Hello,

Great plugin! I noticed a bug where the plugin would crash on startup if I have an empty watch list. Once I added something to my list it works good now.

samw501

Post by samw501 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:43 pm

Awesome work... I am however getting that white page shortly after launching the app... was wondering if you guys ever got it working. I'm on a 64b 8.1 install.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:38 pm

I have the BETA installed on (Windows 8.1) but every time I launch it it takes me to the Netflix login screen.. I have both IE and Chrome installed and logged into Netflix in both browsers.. but its not working. am I missing something?
Thanks.
newfiend

KerrAvon

Post by KerrAvon » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:04 pm

newfriend, make sure Protected Mode in IE is disabled and you are not deleting your History on exit. Then the login should pass through from IE to the addin.

samw501

Post by samw501 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:53 pm

Did that work for you newfiend? I'm still having the issue on my install

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:53 am

samw501 wrote:Did that work for you newfiend? I'm still having the issue on my install
Yes his suggestion to disable Protected Mode for the Internet Zone fixed my issue. Thanks KerrAvon!
newfiend~

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:56 pm

I'm guessing that the amazon plug in isn't working now?

I also am trying to download the Netflix plug in but it isn't showing in my download directory. Do I need to be logged in to the download site?

Also, will this bring 5.1 audio or is that just not going to happen in Win7?

Thanks.

Mpgrimm2

Post by Mpgrimm2 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:47 am

quick note from his site about the plugin...
12/12 UPDATE: On December 8th, Microsoft released an update for Windows Media Center (MS15-134 KB 3108669) that changes how Media Center opens URLs. With this update installed, all URLS open in Internet Explorer- outside of Media Center. This update is not compatible with the AmazonMCEAddin and I cannot code around it. If you wish to continue using the addin you will need to uninstall this update.

lurch66

Post by lurch66 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:26 am

I just installed this and I must say nice work. Couple of issues I am having.
1 when I scroll to the bottom of any page I.E. main or within series I get an error flash on the screen, it crashes and goes back to WMC.
2 If I have logged in under kids mode it does not work with the remote.

Keep up the great work!