Testers wanted: Moving recorded films to another folder

mrsilver

HTPC Specs: Show details

Testers wanted: Moving recorded films to another folder

Post by mrsilver » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:08 pm

Hi there,

Do you have a need to move films you've recorded on WMC into a different folder? For example, if you want them to be displayed in Media Browser rather than cluttering up your "Recorded TV" folder?

Do you already use some program to do this (eg. MoveRecordedTV), but find it buggy and lacking?

I'm planning to release a free executable (complete with source code and GPL licence, so you can go wild with it!) to enable anyone to automate this process and I'm looking for testers. I also plan to update this with additional features and functionality depending on what people find useful.

Current features:
  • Supports WTV and DVR-MS recordings (ending in .wtv, .dvrms and .dvr-ms).
  • Extracts the correct film name from the meta-data.
  • Extracts the correct year from the meta-data. Will try several places within the meta-data if the year is missing from the standard "year" field.
  • Creates any missing folders and renames/moves the file using the standard XMBC/Plex/Media Browser naming format.
  • 7 days worth of logs kept.
  • Test mode, useful to see what it'll do without actually doing it.
Possible additional functionality depending on feedback:
  • Prevent the program running if something is currently recording (with override capability).
  • Automatically replace existing film if the newer version is bigger and/or DRM free (optional).
  • Silent mode. Nothing is displayed to the screen.
If you're interested in testing it out, shoot me a PM and I'll send you a link to download.

isomerize

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by isomerize » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:54 am

yeah, sign me up. I've been using various iterations of Babgvant's tools to rename then scripts to move, or MCE Buddy to do the same for a while so I could provide feedback relative to those processes too.
I don't make mistakes, just opportunities to upgrade