HDhomerun welcome screen does not advance

Ask about SiliconDusts HomeRun tuners here.
IownFIVEechos

HTPC Specs: Show details

HDhomerun welcome screen does not advance

Post by IownFIVEechos » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:30 pm

I have been having picture quality issues over last few weeks so in my trouble shooting I went ahead and put a spare HDHomerun onto my windows media center and removed the original box. In doing so I simply opened the HDhomrunsetup installed program and let it update the firmware to the latest. I then try and open the tv from android app or even the hdhomerunview and it just sits on the main screen that displays the version etc... Does anyone know if this is due to the original being there first? Anyway one fix this in the past? I like connecting straight to the box to bypass the media center to eliminate any PC issues that could be causing this PQ degradation. I am not an active member on the SD site so that is why I am posting here. Plus I know most who read here are there too :)

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:31 am

We all been having PQ problems lately. Mine were/are related to H.264 I been working on the InfiniTV4 and Echo's all month. Haven't got to the HDHR-3CC yet

What worked for me was a complete teardown of WMC, Tuners, Extenders. Then started from scratch....Tuner, DCA, Echo, etc. Surprised I remembered...Its been awhile.

Use 411 info and skip to the last screen to the right to see if you are affected by the H.264

Lowered bitrate and downgrade to 720

viewtopic.php?p=112809#p112809

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:23 am

BTW, I am still using HDHR firmware 20150826.....waiting till they get it right.