Sharing SDHR Prime tuners between WMC and Plex

Ask about SiliconDusts HomeRun tuners here.
JonDeutsch

HTPC Specs: Show details

Sharing SDHR Prime tuners between WMC and Plex

Post by JonDeutsch » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:38 pm

Hello,

Will I have any problems with both WMC and Plex using my SDHR Prime tuners (2 3-tuner units) at the same time? I ask because as soon as I setup Plex and connected it to my SDHR tuners, I suddenly was getting "No Signal" on once channel (805 FOX). Then I went into the the Tuner Diagnostic tool and 805 showed up for each of the 6 tuners. Then I went back into the WMC guide and it started working.

Does each system "grab" tuners away from the other?

Any insights appreciated.
Thx.
Jon

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 am

JonDeutsch wrote:Hello,

Will I have any problems with both WMC and Plex using my SDHR Prime tuners (2 3-tuner units) at the same time? I ask because as soon as I setup Plex and connected it to my SDHR tuners, I suddenly was getting "No Signal" on once channel (805 FOX). Then I went into the the Tuner Diagnostic tool and 805 showed up for each of the 6 tuners. Then I went back into the WMC guide and it started working.

Does each system "grab" tuners away from the other?

Any insights appreciated.
Thx.
Jon
I always thought Emby was taking my tuners from WMC (and maybe it was), until I finally got it right. I setup WMC to own all my tuners, then I transferred the tuners to ServerWMC, then ServerWMC gives them to Emby. They all seem to be co-operating tonight. HDHR-0 is recording, HDHR-1 is recording, Ceton Echo is watching infini4-1, and I am watching HDHR-3 on the phone.

I don't have Kodi setup to use the tuners ATM, but I would expect that if you can find the correct set of configuration, everybody could use them without too much conflict.

Exactly what does Plex do?

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:00 am

I see, Plex is a media server that is unable to play Live TV. It needs your tuners to make recordings. I would think that if Plex is not using the tuners, it should make them available for someone else to use.

So I guess you need WMC for Live, and .....Do you need Plex to stream to your other devices?

I think I would split the 2 HDHR's. Use the old firmware (August 2015) on the HDHR being used by WMC. Use the new firmware with Plex. That should keep them apart.

maseline_98

Post by maseline_98 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:34 am

I had a similar problem losing channels when I added the second prime. I found out that the splitter and the coax cabling I was causing it. I changed to higher grade wires and splitter and it went away...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk