Firmware 20161107b

Ask about SiliconDusts HomeRun tuners here.
webminster

HTPC Specs: Show details

Firmware 20161107b

Post by webminster » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:19 pm

I'm in no rush to install this new firmware/driver set, but interested if anyone sees any good/bad if they do.
-Alan

garnuts

Post by garnuts » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:46 pm

webminster wrote:I'm in no rush to install this new firmware/driver set, but interested if anyone sees any good/bad if they do.
I haven't yet... if it ain't broke, I'm always tentative about fixing it. Especially since you can't rollback the firmware on HDHR Primes. You have to wait for a fix from SD.

On the SD fourms, there are some posting recently that their HDHR Primes are constantly rebooting after one of the recent firmware updates. I don't remember if it is this one.

webminster

Post by webminster » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:24 am

The reboot loops started after SD added A records to their DNS, anyone with some older firmware got hit by a bug in the older firmware. Didn't know what hit them. Newer firmware had been patched to handle the change. They did have to spin a "b" release however to fix another bug they introduced in the process.
-Alan

kd6icz

Post by kd6icz » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:03 pm

I updated all my Primes a couple of nights ago and so far they're working fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nb2a

Post by nb2a » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:29 am

Just updated the Prime I have the other day. It seems to be working fine. I did have a problem with my cable card with Verizon suddenly being rejected after two years of use. Verizon kept telling me my data number was wrong. It turns out they had the wrong number for some unexplained reason. They finally got me back up with my data number.

maseline_98

Post by maseline_98 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:37 am

I have 2 primes on comcast using wmc. Am I losing out on anything if I don't update them? Curious why you guys decided to update so quickly. Were you having a problem with them? I tend to live by "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" attitude.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Cyterio

Post by Cyterio » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:41 am

I've not updated yet, mine has been working fine since the last update. The only issue I have is on Comcast and my non HD HBO channels. I get audio but no picture. It's odd, the picture will show for just a second or two then go black. The HD station works fine, just alot of blocking and artifacts in the picture at times. Seems like it has something to do with the mpeg conversion Comcast is making.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

webminster

Post by webminster » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:14 am

Same here. It's unclear to me if some of the HBO HD issue is video driver or card, or is all Comcast or some codec issue. Have tried a couple of driver versions to no avail, plan to try a downgrade driver at some point (Nvidia). See the same sort of tiling on HBO HD.

Others have reported similar on the HBO SD channels, and I see it too. I have to switch to a local channel (in MPEG2 non-DRM) then switch back. Like WMC can't select the right video decode for the SD channels in DRM (with Comcast has left at MPEG2) after watching an MPEG4 channel.
-Alan

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:07 pm

maseline_98 wrote:I have 2 primes on comcast using WMC. Am I losing out on anything if I don't update them? Curious why you guys decided to update so quickly. Were you having a problem with them? I tend to live by "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" attitude.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I'm usually in the "If it ain't broken, fix it until it is" crowd but this time I think I'll wait it out. Everything is working so smooth and this is my daily driver with now STB from Charter to back into if I break something.

What does this f/w do that I don't already have??