WMC and PlexDVR; Infinitv and HDHR Prime; a problem

Ask about SiliconDusts HomeRun tuners here.
Embiggens

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC and PlexDVR; Infinitv and HDHR Prime; a problem

Post by Embiggens » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:19 pm

I have been relatively happy running WMC with an Infinitv PCIe6 for some time. REcently I added an HDHR Prime and installed to try out PlexDVR. All software is installed on the same computer.

I just tried out some recordings on PlexDVR starting yesterday. Mini-review, the interface is promising, although the livetv situation (even if it eventually gets implemented through transcoding) will probably always leave it 2nd place in my house.

Here's the problem I encountered- WMC and PlexDVR seem to coexist well at times, but last night WMC suddenly got "no signal" on all channels. Infinitv diagnostics indicated everything was ok... this morning, I restarted and they are again coexisting- I am even recording shows through both WMC and PlexDVR at the same time. I wonder if, last night, I tried to record the same channel through both WMC and PlexDVR. Any obvious reason this or something similar would cause the issue I observed?

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:31 am

I never tried that but I would think that if you set the Ceton to WMC and the HDHR to Plex, they should work without conflict.

Maybe you need to find a way to make WMC ignore HDHR.

Embiggens

Post by Embiggens » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:38 pm

Thanks for the reply. I didn't think that should be a problem but I also am no expert in how cable transmission and SDV work together; thought it could potentially be something weird about that.

I'll look at this again when the 'conditions' are right, such as no upcoming shows etc. I do also have an ancient router that for now I've been blaming for some very weird and extremely sporadic bugs in WMC. I'll be upgrading that soon in any case. Maybe I'll just never see this issue again.