I just ordered the new Connect Quatro

Ask about SiliconDusts HomeRun tuners here.

I just ordered the new Connect Quatro

Post#1 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:50 pm

Should be here Thursday. I certainly hope their Win7 drivers are up to snuff.

I currently have three older Connects; I'm not happy with the performance, and I'm not sure how much is weather and how much of it is splitting my antenna to three separate units, each with their own internal splitter (and maybe how much of it may be network/PC related, frankly).

Anyway, new toy. I don't know where I'm going from here. WMC will go away in my life; this gives me the SD DVR option, or I can just dump it all and go Tivo. But that's when the time comes. For now, WMC it is, with this new tuner.
adam1991

Post#2 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:33 pm

I'm considering the quatro to replace my homerun connect 2 tuner.

How do you like the quatro? Any problems with Windows 7 & WMC?
hbr245b

Post#3 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:25 pm

Zero problems. Works SUPERB. My older multi-tuner setup headaches are gone. Great reception, no dropouts, seems to work reliably.

I did have one recording that showed up good for a whole hour, but which ended up being nothing but a blue screen. Dunno. Plus, I have seen a couple of "couldn't be recorded" warnings that ended up being the tuner not ready when WMC was, but it skipped to the next tuner and recording it just fine.

As long as it keeps working as it is, I highly recommend it.

Browse around the Silicon Dust forums; they do talk about it, and I think SD mentioned that it has better tuning than the older tuners.
adam1991

Post#4 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:26 pm

Thank you for the update. Good to hear that it's working well.
hbr245b

Post#5 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:05 am

Waiting to pick mine up from Best Buy. I stopped by twice today but the lines were too long and didn't want to wait. :mrgreen:
xilex

Return to SiliconDust HomeRun Tuners