Green button no longer going to main menu on extenders

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
ktcred

HTPC Specs: Show details

Green button no longer going to main menu on extenders

Post by ktcred » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:46 pm

Greetings. I just re-installed Windows 7 and WMC, and reconfigured all of my extenders. Everything works great, sans the green button on my Xbox 360 remote. While I can use it to start WMC, it will no longer go the main menu. For example, if I open up the Guide, or if I'm watching Live TV, I can't click the green button to go back to the main menu. I now have to back out via the back command, which is really annoying.

I'm having this issue on all of my extenders, which includes several Xbox 360s and a DMA-2200 (I think I tried that one). I don't have this issue on my computer, however.

Any thoughts? I don't recall ever having this problem before. Thanks in advance for any help.

(As a side note, the reason in reinstalled everything is because I thought I killed the WMC guide info. Come to find out, there is an issue with the guide server. Lucky me. I'm using EPG123 for now.)

Space

Post by Space » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:25 am

Did you install any software that might be intercepting the keycode for the button?

ktcred

Post by ktcred » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:36 am

Nothing out of the ordinary. Further, it is only an issue on my extenders (which I haven't touched) and not my PC.

Space

Post by Space » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:18 am

I see, I don't use extenders and don't know much about them, so I probably can help with this.

ktcred

Post by ktcred » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:41 am

Closing the loop on this post. The menu button on the controller now functions correctly with my extender. I didn't change anything. It just started to work. Oh well...I'm happy.